tradmt 29-Aug-14
Callingalldeer 29-Aug-14
Stinkbait1 29-Aug-14
John Haeberle 29-Aug-14
tinecounter 29-Aug-14
loprofile 29-Aug-14
trkytrack 29-Aug-14
26-Aug-14
Has anyone used or going to use the HECS suit ???

26-Aug-14
I've been thinking about giving it a go. I can't count the number of times I've seen critters behave in ways that are unexplainable when I've gotten in close.

Years before they even thought of HECS I was of the opinion that I gave off some sort of harmonic buzz they could sense while other hunters don't. Some people seem to be able to do whatever they want around the critters and they just stand there. My buddy got two shots at his goat and it just stood there looking at him. Anything gets within 150 yards of me and they are freaking out. Scent and noise just aren't a proper explanation.

The last few years I've been filming basically year round with some newer long range video equipment. It's very interesting to see animals behavior when they don't think anything is around or watching them and how they react when they do sense something is up.

Yesterday morning I was filming and a rain shower came over the mountain. These two elk had been getting rained on for 10 minutes and they just kept feeding. As the rain approached us on a bare knoll 1/2 mile away, the big bull snapped his head up and could sense something. A few seconds before and the little bull did the same and stopped crunching his grass.

I caught it all on video here.

Surely not evidence that HECS works in any way, but does tell you that elk definitely sense the electronics in the air.

Food for thought anyway.

Cheers, Pete

27-Aug-14
Rick Barbee on leather wall did some testing with it a couple of years back. Surely he can give you the answers you may need.

28-Aug-14
My buddy got one last year didn't hardly see anything with it on. When he did the deer were very alert. He switched back to Scent lok and started killing them.LH

28-Aug-14
There was a post on this very topic about a week or so ago, look for it,plenty of info.

28-Aug-14
I think that a more accurate spelling would be HOAX suit.

28-Aug-14
So I'm curious. If someone came up with a suit that COMPLETELY masked all human oder, sight and sound, and allowed you to walk among game with impunity, would that be a good thing for hunting? If not, why do so many encourage this type of research? How much of this technology is too much? When did killing become more important than matching wits with the game? When did so many "bowhunters" loose sight of the very reason to bow hunt in the first place?

29-Aug-14
Yeah Ziek, its called a plastic bag. You won't move, won't make a sound, won't smell for a few days at least, and the animals will walk amongst you. Mostly coons, opossums and coyotes. Maybe a bear.... I hope baiting is legal in your state.

29-Aug-14
Good post Ziek, I am going to throw out some answers to your questions.

"So I'm curious. If someone came up with a suit that COMPLETELY masked all human oder, sight and sound, and allowed you to walk among game with impunity, would that be a good thing for hunting?" No, it would not.

"If not, why do so many encourage this type of research?" Because for so many its about killing, not hunting.

"How much of this technology is too much?" About 90%, give or take.

"When did killing become more important than matching wits with the game?" About the time celebrity hunters emerged.

"When did so many "bowhunters" loose sight of the very reason to bow hunt in the first place?" The 'bowhunters' have not and will not loose sight, the ones you are referring to are just wanna be posers.

As far as the HECS suit, I don't have the slightest clue of what the hell your talking about but it sounds absolutely $*%!@*% retarded.

29-Aug-14
All my suits are 100 percent virgin wool.

29-Aug-14
I've seen that deal and even watched the infomercial on it. It was so ridiculous and funny that I had to watch the whole thing. Really? A suit that masks a hunter's "aura". Jeeze, gimme a break. I could go on and on but I won't. To answer the original question and not hi-jack the thread: No!

29-Aug-14
Is there someone who knows the stock ticker for this "HECS" suit? I need to put some money on that. "Never underestimate" and all that.

29-Aug-14
W. C. Fields and P. T. Barnum live on and have formed a "HEC" of a business partnership! Step right up gentlemen. How many do you want?

29-Aug-14
I've had success using normal street clothes but sticking pins into the vitals of toy deer.

29-Aug-14
I have no idea what the h*ll your even talking about. What the h*ll is a HECS suit? There's a post on here where some clowns are selling a piece of white cloth with a string attached that you attach to the rear of your whitetail deer decoy and you twitch it to move the tail. Ingenious! They ought to become millionaires with that because SOMEONE, for sure, will buy it! I think the guys name is Barnum...P.T. Barnum.

• Sitka Gear