TD 27-Aug-14
TurkeyBowMaster 27-Aug-14
LINK 27-Aug-14
petedrummond 27-Aug-14
patdel 27-Aug-14
Ylpmin 27-Aug-14
26-Aug-14
TBM,

As your elk bowhunt draws closer, it has raised a few questions for me, that I hope you'd be willing to answer.

1.) Since you don't bowhunt for turkey in the Fall, is it safe to assume that you usually focus on deer (and maybe pigs)?

2.) Do you see this adventure being a one time (or infrequent) occurrence?

3.) Is this your first out-of-state big game bowhunt?

4.) Regardless of whether you tag an elk or not....let's say that you get "bit" by the big game bowhunting bug. Could you see yourself decreasing your local hunting if it would give you the chance to go on more big game adventures?

26-Aug-14
well?

26-Aug-14
He can't stop hunting locally Jake, otherwise the game population would get out of control.

26-Aug-14
Those southern turkey might not be so hard to kill if he quit educating them.

26-Aug-14
Working on a frigrator right now. Motor in the icemaker went bad. What we get for having something deluxe. I like it he old ice trays better.

26-Aug-14
well, Jake, that should answer your question with the clarity that only TBM can bring to the table.

26-Aug-14
I read TBM's first sentence "Working on a frigrator right now. ", and I thought o boy TBM is going to rig up a mini refrigerator/ generator on a goat for his back country elk hunt.

26-Aug-14
I think it was just grounded out...I cut the green wire and it went back to working. I'm going to start freezing 5 gallon buvets of water to take because those last longer than bought ice. You just freeze it partially and before it expands run water over it and dump it out back in he freezer. It will then freeze all the way through.

26-Aug-14
This is a 5 star thread already!

26-Aug-14
I use the same trick with ice buckets - only use square pails as they pack better in large coolers!

26-Aug-14
Who'd thunk you could come to Bowsite to learn how to make ice...

26-Aug-14
All these newfangle ice stations popping up everywhere in Wal-Mart parking lots ...what's up with that. I like to make ice the old fashioned way. Y'all are getting off track a little so I will stear this back on coarse while the fish cooks. Jake..what was the original question? I going to have to scroll up and look.

26-Aug-14
I got it...yes, only deer in the fall...hogs are just an unfortunate byproduct....like coyotes . I have been on several trips for whitetails in the far north...Ohio. killed a nice one up there and a couple decent ones. Been bear hunting a couple of times. I can see myself getting into elk because I have wanted to do elk for a while now. I really like calling animals, but whatever I am hunting at the time is what I enjoy the most...but, there are some animals I seem to hunt more than others. Elk might be one of them. And I have so much invested I them now with the calls and I still got to purchass a ups so u can keep from getting turned around.

26-Aug-14
Why....?

26-Aug-14
I foresee some overseas trips - he's already an expert in foreign languages.

26-Aug-14
Hey TBM, a UPS ain't gonna help ya much bud. You should really consider a GPS! :)

And don't forget - you have to LEARN how to use it BEFORE you go...... Otherwise, its useless.... And you may as well have a UPS....

>>>>---good luck----->

26-Aug-14
If this year's weather keeps up you may be more concerned about staying warm than making ice.

26-Aug-14
I am cancelling my elk hunt so I can keep up with TBM's progress. Anybody can hunt elk, not just anyone can keep up with the EBM's live elk hunt in whatever state and whenever in the future. The hunt may or may not happen but the posts will continue until the doctors decide whether he is insane or genius.

26-Aug-14
Staying warm aint nothing for me. I learned early on that the beat way to stay warm is to build a fire...it helps to have a dull axe. Just get to chopping and splitting and toting and in minutes you will be toasty warm. You don't have to even start the fire...just building it is enough.

26-Aug-14
UPS is truly the next level thinking on personal orientation.

Stayfit,

Um.. the decision was made quite some time ago.

26-Aug-14
"I have been on several trips for whitetails in the far north...Ohio." OH, far north? Now that's funny.. Good luck to you out west.

DJ

26-Aug-14
"I cut the green wire and it went back to working."

TBM,

UNPLUG that machine right now. The green wire is your safety wire.

UNPLUG IT NOW !!!

You just created a fire hazard inside your own home.

Plus, you created an electrical shock hazard for everyone that you love.

UNPLUG IT RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26-Aug-14
"I cut the green wire and it went back to working."

TBM,

UNPLUG that machine right now. The green wire is your safety wire.

UNPLUG IT NOW !!!

You just created a fire hazard inside your own home.

Plus, you created an electrical shock hazard for everyone that you love.

UNPLUG IT RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26-Aug-14
He's correct tbm. That green wire is a ground for the chassis or frame of your appliance. Ensures the fridgeafator door can't become energized thereby shocking your young UN's. Something tells me you already knew that, and were just trying to get a reaction out of somebody. Which would be par for the course. Good Luck hunting you crazy bastard.

26-Aug-14
On a positive note, if the ups is visiting Mrs. Tbm while you're out bringing home the bacon, it might keep the pesky rascal from drinking your beer.

Lucky lager, I'm guessing.

26-Aug-14
It's working so I'm not going back inside it...I tested it to see if it was charged by touching it and another grounded objuct. I was smart about it because I touched it with my pinky and touched my thumb on here he same hand to the microwave... that way the electricity would have just went through my hand and not my heart. I expect it's grounded in several other places.

26-Aug-14
This stuff is terribly entertaining. Please do not remove this thread or any post! Definitely helps a fellow through a work day......

26-Aug-14
Hes not going out west elk hunting

26-Aug-14
If Pat isn't paying TBM at least high five figures for all the traffic he generates, then someone's getting robbed!

26-Aug-14

TurkeyBowMaster's embedded Photo
TurkeyBowMaster's embedded Photo
Squuuuzzz me

26-Aug-14
TBM. Have you figured your driving route yet? Don't know what part of Montana you are going to but its a long drive for sure. Loved watching your videos on some of your turkey kills in Alabama. Good Luck

26-Aug-14
What town in Alabama do you live in, TBM ?

26-Aug-14
This is a perfect example of why the folks who down play TBM are in the minority. Where else are you gonna get this kind of entertainment for nothing ? Who else are you gonna ride like a rented mule and not get cussed out ? There is NO boredom in a thread where TBM participates. And.....Straight Shooter, Ohio is very " up north " to some of us.

26-Aug-14
Greenbo

26-Aug-14
this guy puts on too much of an act to be as stupid as he wants us all to think he is.....my guess is that he will get an Elk, at least I hope what I'm saying is true.

26-Aug-14
TBM. Greenbo really. That is where Forrest Gump was from

26-Aug-14
TBM. Have you figured your driving route yet? ". I'm gone take as many dirt roads as possible. I hate briges...hope to ferry across major rivers. It would be nice to do it Louis and Clark style.. just load up ole Sackavagina and head west. Trip took 6 years and she had a baby in every picture along the way. She could have spoke Chinese and still went along for the ride.

26-Aug-14

To [email protected]

Today at 6:27 PM

Hello,

I want to report that a Citizen in your state has blogged that he cut a green safety wire on his refrigerator because it was shorting out his ice maker.

I informed him that it is both a safety and fire hazard. He basically ignored me.

His name is Steve Grace, and is a well known Alabama Turkey Hunter, with most of his kills with a bow.

I do not know his true home town, as in the internet blog, he stated he lived in Greenbo.

Anyway, if you can find where a Steve Grace lives, you might want to send the Fire Department out to his home, to take a look at his electrical wiring on his refrigerator.

Here is the link to the internet thread:

http://forums.bowsite.com/TF/bgforums/thread.cfm?threadid=434497&messages=35&forum=5

Sincerely,

Tony G. Oliver

CWO2 USMC Retired

Fredericksburg, VA 22408

Cell 571-###-####

Virginia Drivers License # T67-##-####

( yea, I am serious. I think his family is in danger )

26-Aug-14
The above email is to the Alabama Highway Patrol.

I have done all I can do for ya, TBM.

I am praying for you and your family.

Tony

26-Aug-14
Greenbo HUH...LOL.

26-Aug-14
Seewhutimean ? LMAO

26-Aug-14
"The above email is to the Alabama Highway Patrol."

I better get that taillight fixed.

26-Aug-14
At least he didn't pull the tag off a matress...that is really serious.

26-Aug-14
tonyo I'm glad to see you back. I hadn seen you since yoibposted that pic of that ugly dog holding that puppy. I think that got that thread deleted. Post it up for us and see if it gets this one deleted too.

26-Aug-14
TBM - As others have pointed out, cutting off your ground wire is not a good idea. If your freezer chassis becomes energized you could become the path to ground which could be fatal. By the way, I am a Master Electrician (E1) in the state of Connecticut. Good luck on your hunt!

26-Aug-14
Sackavagina. . . Classic!

And Greenbo isn't a real town in AL

26-Aug-14
Gene,

They have different ratings for electricians in hick town AL. Electrical work is not done by a certified person. They don't know what certified even means so E1 means nothing.

;o)

26-Aug-14
I have learned TBM turkey hunting secrets. Practice makes perfect is his secret. This is how he practices.

26-Aug-14
WOW! Who knew that next level thinkers would put their name and address on the internet for all to see. Who knew, who knew?

26-Aug-14
Hammer - saw that video awhile back. Hilarious!

26-Aug-14
"This is a 5 star thread already!"

Being the quiet observer that I am, I have come to the conclusion when someone types a statement like that above, or boy, this is going to be good..it challenges us to take it to the next level. It transforms our thinking and generally anything goes afterwards. It has a psychological affect and burns out if controll.

26-Aug-14
Hammer.....LMAO

26-Aug-14
" just load up ole Sackavagina and head west." I've seen some really funny stuff on here the last 11 years but that tops them all. TBM, if you run out of dirt roads and end up on I90 west going through Rapid City, SD you got a place to stay and I'll grill you a steak and buy you the beverage of your choice. I'll pm you my phone number. Just give me 8 hours notice so I can marinate the steak. Hope you have an awesome hunt.

26-Aug-14
"tonyo I'm glad to see you back. I hadn seen you since yoibposted that pic of that ugly dog holding that puppy. I think that got that thread deleted. Post it up for us and see if it gets this one deleted too."

I have not a clue on what you are talking about here.

You must have me confused with someone else. I can't believe that you would just make up such a lie.

I am still concerned about you and your kin, and am still praying for ya.

I received a private message, pointing out to me that your address and home town is on your Montana License photo above.

I sent another email to the Highway Patrol with that info.

Hopefully, you will recieve the help you need ASAP.

26-Aug-14
You cannot BUY entertainment like this!

I'm sitting here laughing like a fool and the bluetick hound dog is howling along with me.

GOOD stuff......!

26-Aug-14
"May the force be with you" on your Elk hunt

26-Aug-14
The last time an AL hunter became an Elk guide or is this how the hunt will go? :)

26-Aug-14
I'm beginning to wonder if there is more than one "born every minute."

26-Aug-14
LOL. Love it. This thread will hit 200 quick!

Good luck in Montana TBM.

26-Aug-14
www.youtube.com/watch?v=krD4hdGvGHM

26-Aug-14
Hear from the 5 0 yet tbm? How big a town is Demopolis? I have this idea that the local cops know you pretty well.

For the record it would have been a lot cooler if you actually were from Greenbo.

26-Aug-14
Hear from the 5 0 yet tbm? How big a town is Demopolis? I have this idea that the local cops know you pretty well.

For the record it would have been a lot cooler if you actually were from Greenbo.

26-Aug-14
Greensboro is very close by and that is probably what Forest was trying to pronounce but just couldn't say it. He was a little slow if you didn't pick that up.

26-Aug-14
I think TBM can play some people, a bunch of people like a fiddle.....lol. Good luck in MT TBM !!

26-Aug-14
Not the man I thought you were. Guess those videos were another TBM. Oh well

Good luck on your spelling

26-Aug-14
I go to Demopolis twice a month, nice little town. Have competed in a BBQ competition there the past 4 years. And they have some good deer hunting and bass fishing there also.

26-Aug-14
TBM, are you near Widowee? I went to Widowee once to buy a squirrel dog.

26-Aug-14
Wait.....??? "HE" is the one that's slow? ;o)

26-Aug-14
Cutting your ground wire is just one more valid reason to cancel house insurance so hunts could be more obtainable !!

26-Aug-14
Good luck TBM. When you leaving for big sky country?

26-Aug-14
Weedohyeawe is in north Alabama up near sand mountain. I'm in the west central part. Shane I hope I can catch you here when you are bbq ing . I need to be ringside when the smoke is glowing.

26-Aug-14
Never seen glowing smoke TBM. Seen things glow and then smoke but.... glowing smoke? Is it some new product on the market that makes smoke glow? Ya lost me.

26-Aug-14
TBM, Good luck on your trip. Hope you fill that tag.

27-Aug-14
You know what I call a tag TBM? A ticket to the show. Enjoy the show.

27-Aug-14
""The above email is to the Alabama Highway Patrol." I better get that taillight fixed."

I'm still laughing at this. He's a mixture of Clint Eastwood and Forrest Gump.

27-Aug-14
Next thing you know, someone will say TBM burnt down his house as an excuse to not go elk hunting... jeeeeeeez. You guys are rough!

27-Aug-14
TBM, a history lesson.

The Lewis and Clark Expedition did NOT take 6 years, it took two years.

Their female Shoshone Indian guide was named "Sacajawaea", not the crude and insulting appellation you have given.

She had one child on the trip, and no photographs were taken, as the daguerrotype was about 50 years from being invented as of yet.

That child was the progeny of her husband, a man named Charbonneau, who was hired as the expedition's guide, which job devolved to his wife, as she was competent to the task, and he was not. (Maybe hitting too close to home there bro?)

By all accounts, the lady saved the lives of the expedition's members on more than one occasion.

Nearly thirty men travelled from St Louis to the Pacific, and back, through un-charted wilderness, and only lost one member, and that was to an attack of appendicitis, which likely would have killed him had he been in a hospital in any city the USA, given the level of medical science of the day.

What I am saying is, have some respect, get your facts right, and think twice before deleting the "er" from "hero", and calling one a "ho".

27-Aug-14
Wow, who knew ? Truth IS stranger than fiction.........just not as funny.......

27-Aug-14
fuzzy,,, you take things WAY to serious. you wouldn't last 5 min. in our elk camp!!

27-Aug-14
TBM, just an FYI for you, just because there is a picture of a grizzly on your license it does not mean you have a license to kill one. I understand that some from Alabama only read by associating pictures with words so I didn't want to see you get into any more trouble with the law! Good luck and bring us back an elk tale or two!

27-Aug-14
azarchery, don't bet on that. you just don't call good women nasty names. that's a hot button for me.

27-Aug-14
Fuzzy would have your sides aching from laughter in elk camp. No doubt about it. He would not be crude or vulgar in doing so. Nor would his humor try to elevate his personal skill over others.

I agree on his history as well as his opinion on speaking badly about any woman.

TBM is getting a following on BS and it does now speak well for archers. It does explain how we elected our most recent president. It also explains why we may be getting more traffic here, but the quality is way down. Think of it this way. TBM is the man and Big Dan is about to leave, as well as other real hunters.

27-Aug-14

Outdoorsdude's Link
Nice diggs. Don't worry about the ground wire, only 4 blocks from the Fire Station.

27-Aug-14
>>>>----Sacavagina - love it!!---->

27-Aug-14
haha wow some of you guys really need to lighten up. TBM is getting all the attention on here for being a character and some of you can't handle it.

R.Hale that is quite the stretch comparing TBM's "following" to Obama voters. I think most people on here are just smart enough to not take him seriously.

27-Aug-14
As Outdoorsdude just pointed out, there is enough info on your license to find a map to your house, do an ALS search to see what licenses you bought for Montana, etc.... I see you haven't bought a turkey license yet. If you make your route go through Winifred and across the Stafford/McClelland Ferry, there are quite a few turkeys in the hills around the Missouri there!

27-Aug-14
You guys sure get sucked in easy.....

27-Aug-14
Man, you can't pay good money and be entertained like this.

27-Aug-14
Geez Jake.... thanks a lot.... don't you have some packing to do, go shoot the bow or something???

=D

27-Aug-14
"TBM is getting a following on BS and it does now speak well for archers"

Thanks...the resin it speaks well for archers is I am all about next level...no matter what you are doing you can probably do something better, wheather it be shoot better equipment, hunt better, be mire knowlege able ot whatever...just take it up a notch.

27-Aug-14
I agree with R. Hale lets to bowsite up a notch.

27-Aug-14
Wish I was a "real hunter" like some. I'd rather be tbm.

27-Aug-14
R. Hale kind of has a point. I enjoy a bit of TBM's nonsense and think there is a place for it here. It's just a little fun. If you don't like it, you can stay off his threads. But, I've seen him go after people repeatedly in serious threads after it was made pretty clear that it wasn't appreciated and they didn't want to participate. TBM could back off a little in those situations. But he doesn't, he keeps poking at them.

If I get my first elk this fall it will be at least in part because of advice and pointers I got from experienced guys here. I'd hate to see any of them leave over some foolishness.

I guess I like TBM threads but would like to see him lay off the guys who aren't interested in playing games.

Steve, you should try out for the Alamabama bomb squad. They could use a good wire cutter.

Good luck in Montana.

27-Aug-14

• Sitka Gear