wyobullshooter 27-Aug-14
The Old Sarge 27-Aug-14
Glunt@work 27-Aug-14
Norseman 27-Aug-14
spotsorbetter 27-Aug-14
oldgoat 27-Aug-14
LINK 28-Aug-14
27-Aug-14
I tend to wake up pretty easily but long days of elk hunting have made it difficult to get up at times. I have a suunto vector "watch" and despite being awesome at everything short of teleportation, it has a pathetically weak alarm. What alarm do you all recommend that has a long battery life and is moderately loud? Long battery life is the key.

27-Aug-14
Andy, an elk bugle on my iPhone is my alarm. Obviously if you're using it to talk and text, the battery won't last longer than about a day. However, if you're in the backcountry and use it only as an alarm, the batt will last a long time. Small and light!

27-Aug-14

The Old Sarge's Link
I use one very similar to the one in the link. Mine was under $10 when I bought it but that was close to 15 years ago. It works great and runs on one AA battery for a couple years or more and the nasty "beep-beep-beep-beep .... beep-beep-beep-beep" is impossible sleep through. It even has a snooze button.

27-Aug-14
I use my Garmin. It powers off and then wakes up at alarm time so battery use is minimal and its already on the gear list so nothing extra comes along.

27-Aug-14
enlarged prostate works like a charm

27-Aug-14
You beat me to it Norseman. The ol' Indian alarm clock is a large glass of water at bedtime. Always works.

27-Aug-14
I use my smart phone, but I'm also back at the camper every night and use one of those jump start power packs to recharge it.

28-Aug-14

LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo
I use my phone but I'm at the pickup nearly every night to charge it. My old hunting partner uses one of these things. You can hear it plain as day from a tent 30 yards away with ear plugs in( my brother snores).

• Sitka Gear