fubar racin 16-Sep-14
Wombat 16-Sep-14
idacurt 16-Sep-14
Seminole 16-Sep-14
Vids 16-Sep-14
fubar racin 16-Sep-14
chuckles 17-Sep-14
29-Aug-14
For everyone headed out, packing their packs (and unpacking them to remember if they packed something)

I don't know how, but last night I thought everything was all packed - Realized my rangefinder wasn't on my bino harness!

Don't forget to pack your tags (and Hunter safety card if your state requires it and your not validated)

What is everyone's most memorable (or not so memorable)item forgotten?

29-Aug-14
I forgot to take a camera one year. And of course I killed my best bull to date, so I only have crappy cell phone pics.

Bake

29-Aug-14
For bowhunting, taking a bow really helps. Luckily I was only a few minutes away when I realized I'd forgotten it!

29-Aug-14
My boots. Threw all my gear in the truck before work one morning so I could sneak into the woods after work. Parked the truck only to realize I had forgotten my boots. I made the best of it, but needless to say, dress shoes are neither comfortable to hike in or warm when sitting in a stand. Luckily it was an afternoon sit and not an extended trip!

29-Aug-14
TP! Wool base layers are way too expensive to have to cut up.

29-Aug-14
realized i forgot release when i got to camp SMH. I also left a brand new rangefinder on the mountain while glassing. Idiot. i get to worked up when chasing.

29-Aug-14
NoWiser - I almost added that to my list too. It always comes up as a top 10 forgotten item!

And Pinecones/Needles are way to "abrasive".

29-Aug-14
diaphragm calls and chapstick

29-Aug-14
I forgot the SD card for my camera last year.

About seven years ago I forgot my deer tag and didn't realize it until after I shot a buck.

29-Aug-14
My primary boots. Had my backups but they had dried up so much that they put blisters on my feet. Fortunately a buddy in camp had a par of good backups that were my size. Life saver!

29-Aug-14
For out west hunts, don't forget CHAPSTICK, new batteries, etc. Now I ALWAYS use a check list when packing.

29-Aug-14
poop shovel... It always escapes me

29-Aug-14
I try to remember a little sun screen. One cold afternoon I was glassing and fell asleep in a sunny spot to awaken with sun burned face and swollen eyelids.. not good.

Real easy to get real sunburned at 10,000'

29-Aug-14
snow chains and a jack

29-Aug-14
I forgot my camo one year. Luckly I live close enough I was able to drive back and get it.

29-Aug-14
I for got my whole shaving kit one time. I was 12 hours away before I realized it. Iv also forgotten to take a towel twice.

29-Aug-14
Extra set of truck keys.

Don't ask me how I know,.....expensive lesson on my part! :(

29-Aug-14
**Update** Hockey Dad texted me from the trailhead. He would like to remind all of you to not leave your soft shell jacket hanging on a hook in your garage.

29-Aug-14
Trim your toe nails so they don't cut into each other or bump into the end of your toe box!

NEVER forget to put a few sandwich bags of TP into your pack!

30-Aug-14
Arrows.........

Buddy of mine tossed his bow-case in the truck and we drove 1400 miles to Elk hunt. When he got there opened the case to realize he didn't put his arrows in it.

30-Aug-14
Remember any medication you might be taking. Hard to find a pharmacy in the back country!

30-Aug-14
Boot gaiters. After scouting for elk today in the rain, rain soaked through my socks and into boots. Would have really sucked if I was more than a couple miles from the truck. Rain pants don't always prevent this.

30-Aug-14
Turpentine cotton balls...use as fire starter and also bear claw or bite places cleaner outer.

30-Aug-14
Arrows......only lost about an hour drive time.

30-Aug-14
Massage roller

30-Aug-14
Chapstick, as stated above

30-Aug-14
Lots of people recommend TP/ I had to use those disinfected handiwipes and they were great.

the dog

30-Aug-14
A left and right boot, I had two pairs of the same boots. Grabbed tow boots out of the closet. Got to deer camp and realized I had two left boots. So I hunted in my shoes instead.

31-Aug-14
Forgot my arrows for an out-of-state turkey hunt. Borrowed my buddy's when I got there. Fortunately he shoots same arrow, length & everything.

Forgot my release once & forgot muck boots once as well. Fortunately they were both on a whitetail hunt at the home farm. It's a bitch to walk up & down steep ravines in slip on sandals!

31-Aug-14
Release has got to be the easiest thing to forget. Before leaving home or camp I go through a little checklist for the bare necessities. Start with the license and/or tag, then what it takes to kill an animal: bow, arrows, broadheads, perhaps release. The rest is all of secondary importance. If you forget a camera you will inevitably kill the biggest bull of your life!

31-Aug-14
I always have two or three screw in bow hooks in my pack.

31-Aug-14
I try to forget my camera for the reason AZBUGLER stated

31-Aug-14
Back from the weekend. I thought I was all packed and ready but I did leave the Softshell convieniently hanging on the hook in the garage/ I keep it hanging there so when I go to the range and shoot I can shoot with the jacket on.

Merino ad the vest worked fine - Not too cold in the high country yet. Will not forget it next time.

I am going to X2 on the "Pack List" didnt use it this time since it was a weekender, but will aloways use it from now on.

16-Sep-14
On my very first western hunt I forgot a coffee pot. "Cowboy coffee" is not all it is cracked up to be.

16-Sep-14
My dad got to Elk camp and found He forgot his tag 2 years ago luckly i hadnt headed up yet. Last year we got to camp in colorado and My buddy opened his empty gun case flew all the way from north carolina with an empty gun case somehow

16-Sep-14
Food on a diy elk hunt in the Mt Zirkle wilderness.

Also, once forgot my gun on a squirrel hunt. Luckily we stopped at my uncle's, who had a spare.

16-Sep-14
Wet wipes!

16-Sep-14
Wet wipes!

16-Sep-14
I started using a checklist years ago, it helps a lot.

One time I was sitting in my stand and realized I forgot my release, luckily I was just whitetail hunting and it was in my truck parked not too far away. Now I always leave my release strapped around my bowstring, I haven't forgotten it since.

TP is a big one too, the pages from the regs manual are a little rough....

16-Sep-14
My dad got to Elk camp and found He forgot his tag 2 years ago luckly i hadnt headed up yet. Last year we got to camp in colorado and My buddy opened his empty gun case flew all the way from north carolina with an empty gun case somehow

17-Sep-14
I spent 2 days last weekend with no CALLS! left em at home?, it was fun, just chased the bugle and almost sealed the deal. I was just mewing with my voice and got some response once i was close. Needed my bugle! Don't ever forget your calls! LOL

• Sitka Gear