Elk
Contributors to this thread:
2rope2 05-Sep-14
TurkeyBowMaster 05-Sep-14
soldierbowman2 05-Sep-14
patience2spare 05-Sep-14
2rope2 05-Sep-14
05-Sep-14
I am shooting a new chill X and carbon Express 350 maxima hunters with blazers veins and rh helical and I plan on leaving to chase elk next week. . . I just swapped over to broad heads last week. The G 5 strikers fly great and similar to field points. The first shuttle T lock didn't fly so well but the second shuttle T i shot does. So my question to you guys is this. 1 Do you take one broad head and shoot it on each arrow you plan on hunting with numbering them from 1-5 or anything like that?

Or

2 Does anyone shoot each individual broad head in the arrows you plan on hunting with at least once to make sure it flys properly and then replace the blades?

Just wanted to see what others do. Thanks

05-Sep-14
I shoot every head and resharpen them before hunting. Sometimes there will be a flyer in there for some reason. Good to know it's in there before hunting.

05-Sep-14
Just use 1 set of blades and shoot the one ( used) blades on each broad head. then you only need to sharpen or replace for 1 head.

05-Sep-14
I'll be shooting Shuttle T 125's in NM next week. Out of 6 broadheads, 5 fly well. My best three will get new blades the evening before my hunt starts on the 16th. It's worth the $17 for new blades to know for sure that they fly well! Good luck on your hunt! Pete

05-Sep-14
Thanks Pete. I am also headed to NM this next week. Good luck to you as well. I was thinking like you were, seems like the best 20 bucks I might spend on the whole trip is replacing the blades, just knowing the peace of mind they all fly similar I have six of them also and replacement blades. This afternoon I went out and started shooting two different broad heads in all my arrows, numbering either 1 or 2. I guess it's the insert that makes the biggest difference But few of them are 4" or 5" low at 30 yards and most are right on though.

• Sitka Gear