LFN 20-Sep-14
Ace of Spades 21-Sep-14
LUNG$HOT 21-Sep-14
Highlander 21-Sep-14
Highlander 21-Sep-14
Tracker 21-Sep-14
ga_ffemt 22-Sep-14
20-Sep-14
Looking for any advice on unit 4 public land; hunted here several times over the years. We are on day 5 of an 11 day hunt. We have only seen 5 elk while hunting. Haven't heard but a couple of bulls bugle at night. We know this area has held elk but they are gone now. We are thinking about relocating, but are not familiar with the rest of unit 4, licenses are also good for units 5&441. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

20-Sep-14
can't help you because I couldn't find them either. opening weekend they were around, got my bull in nearby OTC unit.

went back for muzzleloader cow 4,5,441. I did not see a single elk in 5 days. even glassing distant slopes at sunrise and sunset. heard 1 lonly bull answering my calls at 2 in the afternoon.

when we got there on friday the sheep round up was in full swing, did that push the elk to private land? don't know but this is the second time this has happened to me so I'm looking for new hunting ground at least for the muzzleloader season.

21-Sep-14
Never much bugling in 4 though I usually hunt early on... If the sheep are around or there or signs that they were there then that's why you're not seeing anything.. If that's the case move on or wait and hope they move back in. Can't kill an elk if there are none where you are.

21-Sep-14
Hunted 4 again this year and as Ace said not much bugling in the unit. A few at night And a couple lone bulls in the afternoon. I also hunt the unit early in the season so not much to offer as to where the elk go last 10 days of the hunt. Good luck.

21-Sep-14
What general area are you hunting right now within in the unit?

21-Sep-14
What general area are you hunting right now within in the unit?

21-Sep-14
Check out the back side of Slide Mountain next to Rolftopoli's place.

22-Sep-14
We've been hunting in the general area of bears ears. We got there last Monday; there were tracks that looked to be several days old, but very few fresh tracks.

• Sitka Gear