Nick Muche 28-Sep-14
jjb4900 28-Sep-14
Ylpmin 28-Sep-14
TurkeyBowMaster 28-Sep-14
Ylpmin 28-Sep-14
23-Sep-14

SteveB's embedded Photo
SteveB's embedded Photo
I suggest that considering the recent and (fairly) well documented exploits of TBM/EBM that Pat considers adding a new forum with icon across the forum menu page. This would accomplish several things..... It would give all TBM followers a place to conveniently find all related correspondence and provide TBM a place to post his comments and exploits. I vote that this familiar image is used for the icon....

23-Sep-14
Why would Pat change a winning formula? His site never had more traffic.

23-Sep-14
Oh no...don't mean a new website, just a new icon next to the deer/elk/bear icons etc so we all have TBM click and browse simplicity !

23-Sep-14
Please..........

23-Sep-14
The historical magic of Bowsite is that we DON'T have icons! We are in this together and help each other learn to be better. I learn stuff every day! I don't see that changing. The vast majority of us are here to learn from each other and share our adventures! Good luck all! C

23-Sep-14
You guys are taking me way too seriously. Isn't a guy allowed a little sarcasm? :) Geez!!

23-Sep-14
Charlie,

You are right of course. We ALL learned something from TBM.

If you think you can do it, you probably can.

23-Sep-14
Steve, that is freaking hilarious!!! I think you need to get that printed and send TBM a copy, you know he'd love it too...

23-Sep-14
You have t o add the bear spray to the cartoon.

23-Sep-14
I hope I never get on SteveB bad side......that cartoon is awesome!

23-Sep-14
Instant Classic

23-Sep-14
too much time on you hands get off the PC and do some scouting!

23-Sep-14
LOL! Awesome job Steve!

23-Sep-14
Pat, that illustration came to me in a vision from the hunting Gods one night then I painted it the next day. A truly inspired piece of work:)

24-Sep-14
Woah woah woah, whats with the spiders??

24-Sep-14
T-Shirts!!!! Chip make them and I get half!!! LOL

24-Sep-14
definly nex leble!

24-Sep-14

hyrax's embedded Photo
hyrax's embedded Photo
I like this version.

Here is the original thread:

http://forums.bowsite.com/tf/bgforums/thread-print.cfm?threadid=425803&forum=36

24-Sep-14
Hilarious! Gotta add pepper spray going off. You are very talented Jimbow!

24-Sep-14
Jimbow,

Those are simply awesome. I would love to see this most recent elk saga put to print like that. You are extremely talented!

24-Sep-14
SteveB - great cartoons! I mean great; capturing Simmons Landsharks, climbing rope, blood tracking spiders, hamblasters, HDYLMK (should HDYLMN - as in now, not know!), turkey tail headdress, dickshunry & more!! GREAT job!!! LMAO!!

>>>>-------->

24-Sep-14

Bear Track's embedded Photo
Bear Track's embedded Photo

24-Sep-14
 photo them-haters_o_478866_zpse8605869.gif

24-Sep-14
Too funny LOL!!!

24-Sep-14
x2 Scoot....

Some enjoy TBM and that's fine. Maybe just call it the Bowsite Comic or Super Hero Icon. Some read magazines and news papers for the comics and others read them to learn something. The icon would give us a quick option to choose.

24-Sep-14
Scoot,

My sentiments exactly. Watching this unfortunate transformation is sad because it detracts from the very great hunting threads shared by folks that are not seeking fame or recognition.

I like reading about other hunter's accomplishments. I don't like it when it's a matter of stirring up shit and feeding one's ego.

Maybe we should just have a narcissism/"everyone look at me" category?

24-Sep-14
he might be an Auburn fan......

24-Sep-14
As much as I'd like to take credit....it was JIMBOW's amazing talent that created this fine piece of art. OUTSTANDING JIMBOW!

That said, I still like the idea of keeping it all in one place, hence.... a TBM ICON. Make him a star! Entertainment all in one place - neatly organized.

:)

24-Sep-14
TBM does not keep me from enjoying and learning from other posts. In fact, I probably spend more time on Bowsite because of the TBM stories. Yeah, I read his post first to see what the crazy redneck has done today but then I am off to see BB's pictures or anatomy lesson or read a post like Snow Cornice Goat (the hunter has my admiration) Great job JIMBOW - you must do this professionally.

24-Sep-14
Why in the world would anyone get all jacked up about someone's post ? There are hundreds of other threads on BS, if you don't like TBM's don't follow them. If I run across a thread/post I'm not interested in I don't go back to it and could care less how many views/clicks it gets. Really.... it is that easy. TBM must be doing something right because no one is a close second to him in followers once he starts a topic. He seems to be able to not only talk the talk but also walk the walk, proof is in the pudding !!

Need to put some elk antlers in that TBM sketch......

24-Sep-14
X3 scoot. I couldn't say it better than that. I've contemplated leaving bs for a few years and by then he will have moved on, seeking fame and inside info to peoples hunting spots from the notoriety, to another site.

24-Sep-14
This trainwreck has to end eventually!

X 4 Scoot!

24-Sep-14
x5, I just wonder what will be left of BS when it happens.

24-Sep-14
You have to admit that for all the TBM drama you have to give him credit for one thing.................

well, i'm not sure what it would be, but there has to be one thing..............

i think...........

maybe.................

well, maybe not but probably............one thing.......

24-Sep-14
I honestly don't get it. An internet character has grown men foaming at the mouth because he draws too much attention . I don't even follow half of what is posted about him or by him but I will most certainly give the man his props when he deserves it. While it is far from my style, he called his shot and backed it up. No reason to be jealous and get bent out of shape. Those of you who get miffed by this stuff might be better suited for AT anyway.

I would be willing to bet that TBM is just a regular guy and that his internet persona is not necessarily the real Steve Grace. Matter of fact....he posted here many years before under his OWN NAME and never created a stir. He is having fun reeling in fish and there are plenty here to take the bait.

24-Sep-14
You have to be careful here on the Icon idea. Give one user his own special identity, and you'll breed more of them.

24-Sep-14
Riding a horse once does not make you a cowboy !!

24-Sep-14
Having his own "section" of the website it would eventually fizzle out.

The reason he causes a stir, is because the guys that are looking for real content get annoyed by the BS, and have to comment. I wouldn't call them "fish" so much because as others have said, TBM spends so much time on the website and is an expert in everything hunting so he is literally unavoidable. Eventually those people get annoyed and feed the fire.

If he was quarantined to one section of the website, the people that wanted to avoid him would, and thus the "entertainment" would disappear. The fanboys could only follow along for so long as all that would be left is following one hunter hunting. Without the arguments, the entertainment is lost.

I have to say, I only joined BS a few years ago, but it is not the place it was even at that time. I'm not hating on TBM because he's just doing what he's doing you can't fault a guy for doing whatever he wants on the internet, it just has changed the dynamics of the website.

24-Sep-14
+1 APauls very well said.

24-Sep-14
Notice how the " fed-up gonna leave " guys search out the posts concerning TBM ? Who in the hell is twisting their arms ?

24-Sep-14
Quite polarizing to say the least: One extreme is TBM go away. The other extreme is why the hate? Drycreek, you think guys have to search out TBM posts? Far from the truth. Take a look at all the elk hunting posts. No need to search, he posts and tries (in many cases succeeds) to hijack EVERY elk thread posted. I know this strictly because the Elk Section is why a lot of people come onto Bowsite, including myself. TBM is fun once in a while, but it has grown old to me personally...my view only. The Turkey Section has seen a total of eight posts in September (I just counted). I believe they are in dire need of a 500 post thread. So I don't say TBM go away and give anyone the slightest chance to say "Why the hate TODDY?" I think a slight "relocation" to the Turkey Section with any TBM posts and everyone's a winner. No Icon needed. TODDY

24-Sep-14
I hope I never get to the point where someone's post on an internet forum starts eating at me...it must be hell. There are a lot of good post on BS every day. There are times I follow a TBM post and there are times I don't pay any attention to them. It works, try it.

24-Sep-14
Stay fit- yes I do this professionally and thanks!

I haven't read any of TBM's elk adventures- can someone give me the sports center version ? Maybe a new illustration can be born.

JIMBOW

24-Sep-14
JIMBOW, he went on a DIY elk hunt in MT and said he would use turkey hunting tactics to kill a bull and many doubted him, said it couldn't be done, after all this is the west and these are elk not Alabama turkeys ... Well he jumped in his old Dodge Ram and headed west by himself, posted a few pics along the way. Got to MT hunted them like a turkey and killed a bull, packed it out, posted some more pics and headed back to Alabama. Drew quite a crowed on BS too.

25-Sep-14
Some other important things for the portrait would be sandpaper (he sanded his feet to condition them), firewood (he offered to deliver firewood on his way out west...LOL!) and bottles of piss(because he couldn't find a bathroom on the way). JIMBOW....it would be worth a scan of the thread "Its Time."

Seriously....if he bothers people that much...just ignore. If you open a thread and start reading it and you come to a post by TBM....just skip it. Every internet forum I have ever frequented has people that raise hackles. If TBM bothers you guys maybe you need to spend some time in the community forum?

25-Sep-14
The detractors only add fuel to the flame. They make TBM who he is. If they would just treat him like any other Bowsiter and either refute what he says (with proof) or just ignore him things would be fine.

Unfortunately (for them) everything points to Steve at least being a pretty good hunter in terms of getting "it" done. They don't like that.

25-Sep-14
Does it bother elk hunters that much to see TBM prove the point that the same tactics used for hunting any other animal will work for elk? Is it that the elite elk hunters can't stand to believe hunting trophy elk is really not anymore difficult than hunting anyother trophy animal?

One of the reasons TBM gets the following he does is the fact that everyday average hunters relate to him. Look at his elk thread and take note of the new people that have posted to it. TBM shows these people that hunting is hunting. He shows them that you don't need to have all the latest gadgets or high dollar gear to be successful, all you need is a fire in your belly and some common hunting sense. He shows these people that they can hunt the animals that they have dreamed of hunting, and be successful, in a limited budget. He does all this with a little humor.

25-Sep-14
Bowfreak, Franzen, sureshot

You all said it better than I could

25-Sep-14
Yes you three guys said it best ! Sureshot you hit the nail on the head ! TBM. Gives the average guy like my self inspiration ! If he can do it why cant I ? You go TBM.

25-Sep-14
Jimbow -

Scan the thread. Hilarious.

He drives his '99 Dodge across the country, pee's in water bottles while driving "Dumb and Dumber" style (to which it was noted that real elk hunters use wide mouth Gatorade bottles), posts to Bowsite while driving, sleeps in his truck, almost shoots a camo'd hunter while roving with a Judo point, loses his bugle call so he makes a new one with a water bottle and Duct tape (Redneck Duct tape skills, hope he at least washed the water bottle first!), fell in a creek, sprays himself with pepper spray - apparently dosed his manhood with it, hunts DIY solo for 10 or 12 days in the mountains wearing a pair of $35 10-year-old boots, and scores on a bull elk using his self-aggrandized "next level" predator tactics.

There's the Sports Center version. Pat McManus couldn't make that up!

25-Sep-14
So call president.

25-Sep-14
All kidding aside....the interpretation in the painting of TBM that JIMBOW made is just incredible!!!! How he can turn thoughts into art that you can clearly understand is amazing. I sure wish I had that talent!

25-Sep-14
Not to kiss Pat's butt- but man he could not have said it any better. Also confirms my belief traffic never been higher and all the reasons why I use bowsite. (Not just to see what TBM has up his sleeve but man his posts are like crack to a crack addict. :) Forgot to mention Rancid Crabtree! BANNNED

25-Sep-14
One other trait, Pat, they didn't/don't take themselves and every other post so seriously. ;-)

A good trait to have.

Maybe I need to start posting more.

he he he

:-)

25-Sep-14
Just had a thought. Do you think TBM made his elk bugle out of the same water bottle he pissed in? I bet so!

25-Sep-14
Awesome thanks guys!

25-Sep-14
Pat,

Don't forget Stormrider.... At least I think that was the handle he went by. I'm getting old........

25-Sep-14
Oh, there is no question whether or not it was the same water bottle!

25-Sep-14
I don't think people "hate" the actual person of Steve Grace. People are however polarized by the personality of the fictitious character of TBM that Steve Grace portrays himself through. Why the need to be a character rather than just a real person? This ain't broadway- it is a group of bowhunters. I really see no need or place for actors on Bowsite.

I have talked with Steve Grace on the phone and found him to be a pleasant and informed bowhunter. He was not at all like this TBM character that Steve attempts to promote.

TBM's personality is the same as Patrick Reed who is playing on the U.S. Ryder Cup team. He is a very accomplished golfer, but his personality alienates his peers rather than garners support and unifies teams efforts. He has created a major pairing problem for the pairing of U.S.team members in the upcoming events.

25-Sep-14
"SerbianShark (mid 2000's) - big personality, witty, posted on every other thread, lots of people loved him and hated him. People threatened to leave."

it should be added that SS left on his own, and opened up a beauty parlor in New Mexico. 8)

25-Sep-14
I believe he called it "Cut-the-Crap" Salon.

25-Sep-14
great post Pat, so true.

TBM if you are reading this, congrats on your Bull, while I doubted the reality of the hunt cause I honestly thought you were part actor, I am glad it was the real deal and you scored. Hope I can meet the real Steve someday.

XMan

25-Sep-14
Spot on Pat. Very well said.

25-Sep-14
Sure was good to see all the guys on Bowsite who asked Steve if he needed anything for his trip. I'm talking spotting scopes, packs, you name it. Lots of dam good elk hunters gave him tips on how to tag his elk. I'm sure they would do the same for anyone here. Don't know about the rest of you, but it made me feel darn good.

25-Sep-14
Pat,

A great observation- Same style circus clowns and stunts, but just different years.

Thanks.

26-Sep-14
Pat nailed it as good as you could possibly nail it. Hamblasted it for sure. Like i tell my 4 yr old daughter, "honey, if u want your little sister to quit annoying you, ignore her. She will go away as soon as you stop paying her attention". I enjoy it for the most part, it makes me laugh. There are some things said that twist my insides at times, but like pat said, bigger problems to deal with these days than a guy that occasionally says something i disagree with...

26-Sep-14
Hit clear entry about 3 times now. Prolly should with this one too. But here goes.

If persons idea of funny and cool is to fart in an elevator as he exits.... that's up the them. I can't stand to watch Jackass movies either, watching rude, crude and stupid has no value to me. Some love em. Life goes on.

Worked up, threaten to leave, boycott, no. Just shake my head and change the channel.

Saddened a bit that some are entertained at that level..... Seeing as how everyone is tossing in their opinions here.... Yes.

You want to see a class act.... take a peek at what he posted on Bigdan and Blaktail Bob's AZ thread tonight. What a lovely piece of humanity.... glad you guys think he's so cool...

26-Sep-14
"Our traffic has never been higher. Blowing out all our past traffic records for this period. And that has nothing to do with TBM."

I think it has everything to do with me...and you, and bb, and Charlie, and Link, and etc, etc etc. Yes Bowsite is set up great and managed great, but the value is in the contributors. The freedom bowsite gives contributors allows for the greatest amount of value possible. Bowsite is a place where we gather...take away the contributors and it becomes like an empty vacant building.. ready for the wrecking ball.

26-Sep-14
TBM well said. I feel sorry for the guys who get twisted over an Internet forum. A suggestion for you "take what you need and leave the rest." It can be slow around here in the offseason but as of late it has been entertaining and keeps me checking in. Welcome to Bowsite check your ego at the door and enjoy sharing with fellow passionate bowhunters!

26-Sep-14
Bowsite is a pretty big building, with a lot of tenants . One vacancy wouldn't really hurt things much......:-).

26-Sep-14
Humility and graciousness are sometimes forgotten virtues....

26-Sep-14
TBM didn't post that. It was definitely posted by Steve Grace.

Incoherent, contorted, grammatically-challenged, redneck ramblin' = TBM

Lucid, well-developed, proper prose = Steve Grace

26-Sep-14
Well said Steve

27-Sep-14

28-Sep-14
Serb tried to start an outfitting business called I believe "Serbs World of Whitetails" He once threatened to come and kick my ass because I wouldnt tell him who the Matthew's dealer was that recommended me a hoyt instead. His hunting operation looked good I wonder what happened.

28-Sep-14
He opened a beauty salon instead. I think that Kelly guy on here helped him or something?

28-Sep-14
there's a lot to be said about a guy who can take a lot of crap and still stay on this site.....guys who take their ball and go home on an a basically anonymous website because of what a few may say that rubs them the wrong way should grow up.....I don't want to name names, but there are a lot of guys who think they are gods gift to hunting that need to get over themselves, because honestly what you say and do ain't that impressive......just ask TBM.

28-Sep-14
TBM while your on this wave I think you should take a week out of the Alabama whitetail rut and make the Coues deer your next live hunt. You can come to Arizona and hunt any unit over the counter in January which happens to be their rut as well. The Sonora is an incredible place. The grey ghost loves to find a stand of Ocotillo where the dove are nooning. He will put them downwind so he is damn near unapproachable. The difficulty factor is right up there with bowhunting turkeys in the south...right up your alley.

28-Sep-14
That's right..that's right...now folks are finally thinking the right way...well some anyhow. Ylpin Alabama deer are cous deer on steroids... just as smart...maybe smarter. A cous want be nothing for me. Now...as for folks who do think they are something and always bash me for using a blind turkey hunting...Come on down this spring and kill a Bankhead NF gobbled without a blind. Then you will have proved something. The reality has set in for a lot ofhaters and the only thing they got on me is I drew a little blood in an elk and didn't get him. The know I can do what they can do but they can't do what I can. Don't believe me...Come on down this spring and prove it to yourself....I already know. HDYLMK

28-Sep-14
Oh I don't think anyone is questioning how difficult your deer and turkeys are. They just like scratching in the leaves and listening to you drum your a$$ off. That's one hell of a burden to carry around in the woods isn't it. You act like those Alabama folks haven't given you enough recognition for those 200+turkeys with a bow....they have just been a little preoccupied with the Tide that's all. Heck if you where a little more humble and had the story telling ability of Baxter Black and Tom Kelly you could have all the recognition you ever wanted. As my high school Football coach used to say "tighten up boy" and make us proud.

It's a paradox ain't it. Hunting is a brave new world with a thousand different philosophies. You will never in your lifetime get all those philosophies on board with you. But that is what makes it great.

Come on out and hunt some desert Coues. You will love it. Give me the word and I will start an Odds thread in the Whitetail section. I might even offer you an Ace comb to brush the cholla cactus spines out of your backside.

• Sitka Gear