Bigred 24-Sep-14
fubar racin 24-Sep-14
Quinn @work 24-Sep-14
Bigred 24-Sep-14
boothill 24-Sep-14
oldgoat 25-Sep-14
Bigred 25-Sep-14
24-Sep-14
In December I will be returning to my soon to be wife in Colorado where we will live till we move to Alaska. I know its a rifle season but I plan on using my bow as you can use a weapon of lower power during rifle seasons. I was wondering if any of you could help me out with any info on where to go for the plains elk season. I am a combat vet that was stationed there for 4 years so I know my way around Colorado. Please pm me if you want to keep it private as I know I would. thanks yall

24-Sep-14
I know of 2 bulls killed in unit 95 in the last 5 years 1 bull killed in unit 96 about 10 years ago a calf hit on hwy 34 in unit 96 last year and a few sightings in unit 99 over the last 10 years also my dad has pictures of elk in unit 99 but that was over 35 years ago. I'd say they are more than few and far between in my area but good luck anyway!

24-Sep-14
I've hunted deer on the plains for around 12 years and have only seen 1 elk, a 4x4 bull. It was on private land and I doubt you'd get access. It's probably safe to say that any elk on the plains will be on private land and if the landowner knows they are there they probably won't give permission to hunt them. Family and friends would get that access. I've seen a lot more of them in western KS. Good luck. Thanks for your service!

24-Sep-14
so waste of time lol thanks guys just itching to hunt when I get out there in December id like to kill a mountain lion but not into paying for guides.. thanks again though

24-Sep-14
Heard there is a small huntable population around Fowler which is east of Pueblo along the river. Not sure about the seasons though. Also some south of Lamar down into the grasslands. Seen pictures of a really nice bull killed down there last year.

25-Sep-14
Yeah, total waste of time! The reason the season is so long and liberal is the CPW doesn't want them out there, can you imagine the damage a big bull would do running through a corn field a couple of passes. My rancher friend out there will buy a tag when he sees some, but to my knowledge he has never gotten one and he can hunt just about anywhere as he knows everybody. You might be able to get a left over tag for whitetails, especially if you have a muzzleloader you can use.

25-Sep-14
I wouldn't have any idea where to start on a whitetail out there lol id love to kill one in Colorado as putting bow down in December will suck. Ill be living in fountain when i get back out there

• Sitka Gear