David Alford 20-Jan-15
B N A A guy 20-Jan-15
arctichill 21-Jan-15
Stoney 21-Jan-15
BTP 22-Jan-15
JAbbott 02-Feb-15
Buglmin 02-Feb-15
24-Sep-14
I'm planning my 2015 New Mexico elk hunt and have started narrowing down my outfitter options. Does anybody have any experience with any of the following outfitters? Any opinions, suggestions, or other information would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Screamin Bull Outfitters Timberline Outfitters Streater Outdoors The Timbers at Chama Black Mountain Outfitters

24-Sep-14
AAO is the way to go!

24-Sep-14
We hunted with Milligan Brand Outfitters a few weeks ago and had a great hunt. My son took a nice 5X5. The weather was warm and wet and it was tough going. The guides worked hard. Several guys in camp were talking about coming back. Very reasonably priced. All on private property.

25-Sep-14

LINK's Link
Have a buddy the guided for Mick Chappel back in the 90's early 2000's. Mick is top notch.

25-Sep-14
I had the best trip that I have ever been on with Jack Diamond at Beaverhead.

25-Sep-14
I hunted with Perry Hunsaker/Timberline Outfitters back in 2008 and had a great experience. He used to have quite a few guys in camp but he always seemed to kill elk. I would go back without hesitation, I just haven't been able to draw that tag since NM changed their tag allocations a few years ago. Since Perry and most of his guides did not reside in NM, you were not able to go thru the "outfitter pool" to draw your tag as had been in the past.

30-Sep-14
Perry Hunsaker/Timberline is the way to go. Also does Arizona. Very well known

30-Sep-14
James guide service. They guide most of the NM gov tags and there is a reason for that.

30-Sep-14
mangas outfitters tuffy Barnett. best in the business. hunted last 2 years with him

20-Jan-15
Any opinions on the best landowner/private ranch tags for big bulls?

20-Jan-15

B N A A guy's Link
Hey guys, I am a Bowsite sponsor and sent our clients up on many archery Elk hunts each year and New Mexico is always on the list. Not too long ago a show just aired with Curt Wells and Bowhunter Magazine who Bowhunter with us in New Mexico. It was a cool episode with lots of action. In 2013 we also had a friend and client bowhunt in NM with us all the way from Australlia. You can look up an Aussie bowhunting in New Mexico to read the whole story.

I just recently returned from the Dallas Safari Club show and met with one of my 2 outfitters there. Spots are starting to book up. If you are looking for a quality archery Elk experience then perhaps we have the bowhunt you are looking for. You can find several reviews on my company in the outfitter reports in several states.

We primarily operate on private land in units 12, 13 and 15 which produce trophy bulls each and every year. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you have. Wherever you wind up going I wish you all the best in 2015!!

Best regards, Scott Alberda

Bow and Arrow Adventures - Bowsite sponsor

21-Jan-15
As a NM resident, I've never hunted with an elk outfitter in NM, but Jack Diamond (Beaverhead Outfitters) and Tom Klumker (San Francisco River Outfitters) are two guys I would hunt with in a second.

21-Jan-15
Arctic,

Thanks for the good word.

I operate almost totally in the Gila Wilderness in NM and the Blue Range Wilderness in AZ. I am the only one of the above mentioned that does almost entirely wilderness back country horseback and mule pack-in trips. We go where few others go and kill some really big bulls.

22-Jan-15
I just booked with Scream Bulls for 2015 so I will have a report for you next year. The reference were all repeat customers....

02-Feb-15
I hunted with Milligan Brand last year and have booked again this year. We were in elk every day. passed a spike and blew the chance on a herd bull. Good sleeping arrangements and the food is outstanding. I rate them top notch for a guided hunt.

02-Feb-15
Lol....if you get a chance to hunt with The Timbers at Chama, do it, you won't regret it. They have great ranches, with a lot of elk on them, with some dang good bulls. The country is awesome, and the guys run a good clean outfit. Seems lie no one else was interested in answering your questions, just trying to get you to book with them...

• Sitka Gear