drycreek 25-Sep-14
elkhunter83 25-Sep-14
LINK 25-Sep-14
Charlie Rehor 25-Sep-14
drycreek 25-Sep-14
LINK 26-Sep-14
brunse 28-Sep-14
24-Sep-14
Just got back from a butt-kickin' New Mexico ES hunt near Chama. Had a great time. Got into the elk every single day, but never had an opportunity to shoot. Now I'm starting to panic at the thought of not having elk in the freezer this year. Really looking for a late season cow hunt for my wife. Anyone know of something that is darn near 100% and affordable? Haven't bought beef in years.

24-Sep-14
Bow or rifle ?

25-Sep-14
rifle

25-Sep-14
PM sent

25-Sep-14
Google Kiowa Creek Outfitters in NM. Been on one rifle cow hunt with them. We hunted on one of Ted Turner's ranches near Raton. Four of us went, three killed in the first hour, one that afternoon.

Beware, although the guides were nice and competent, the experience is closer to a drive by shooting than a hunt. Wild elk, but not much of a challenge. If you are going because it's her first elk and meat in the freezer, it's fine. Great place, but we never got off the roads. Our price was right around a $1000.00 ea.

25-Sep-14
I agree on kiowa outfitters but not only turner ranch unit 52 also

25-Sep-14
My moms husband hunts with Kiowa and its near 100%. In several years he has only not filled a tag once. Last year he griped about his guide not driving fast enough to get them on the elk as the reason he didn't kill. I don't think they get out of the truck but if nearly 100% is what your looking for there you go. He has also complained about the size of the cows and not getting much meat but he keeps going back so it must be ok.

25-Sep-14
Ted Turners place at Vermeho! Cow elk rifle are around $800 bucks! Good luck! C

25-Sep-14
LINK, the cows we killed varied from 280 lb. to 480 lb., all gutted weights. I guess it depends on which one you shoot ?

Guide aged mine at 16+ yr.

I learned one important thing on this trip. It takes a bunch of ice chests to bring home four elk !

26-Sep-14
Drycreek I think his have been all around 300 lately. He usually goes in January. I haven't heard him mention any ages.

28-Sep-14
I worked out of Boulder Basin unit 59 in Wyoming for several years. The outfit now belongs to Carl Sauerwien of Boulder Basin Outfitters. I am in the same boat, considering a late season hunt. Fly in for 500, hunt 3 days about 1500, processing, 1-2 nights in a hotel, shipping it back.... I am kind of on the fence about it

• Sitka Gear