Ishpeming 13-Oct-14
Jaquomo 13-Oct-14
cityhunter 13-Oct-14
tradi-doerr 13-Oct-14
tradi-doerr 13-Oct-14
SDHNTR(home) 13-Oct-14
tradi-doerr 14-Oct-14
29-Sep-14
We had found a bull that was presumably lost, was told that the hunter was from Ft. Collins, Colorado, if this is you or know this person. There wasn't anything left of the elk accept the antlers, but would like to maybe get them to you. PM me with details of where and what the elk looked like.

29-Sep-14
Very good of you

29-Sep-14
Dennis, Very nice thing to do.

29-Sep-14
Hope you find the hunter! Very Nice.

29-Sep-14
Good offer. We found a dead bull this year as well but he fell victim to another bull, not an arrow.

29-Sep-14
Archery95... I would quit hunting if I lost my bull and bow all in the same hunt.

30-Sep-14
LOL! loosing both bull and bow would be a sign to quit bowhunting.

Hope to hear from the hunter, so far no match. Thanks guys, If this ever happens to me hope someone would do the same, The actual guy who had the stomach to cut off the antlers is from Paonia, Co. I tried but couldn't hold it.

30-Sep-14
I heard from a guy i know thru work and they also found a bull this archery season near 61 or close by as he works in Olathe and not sure where he lives or hunts but he took the horns and said he had to put toilet paper in his nose to go near it. Then he was riding out and his horse couldn't stand the smell and dumped him a few times. Then his son tried got dumped and broke his wrist. Lot of bulls fatally shot and never recovered by hunters this year. Heard of 2 other cases in Colorado where friends found elk that had not been recovered. One was 50 yards from where they spotted a treestand earlier during the season.

30-Sep-14
I wouldn't say a lot, I had covered a bunch of ground and this was the only one I found and that anyone else found in that unit, but It does happen at times.

13-Oct-14
Look like we may have found the hunter of this lost bull. I posted a picture of the bull on the Colorado thread, it's kind of gross.

13-Oct-14
Found one in Montana by a wallow. Couldn't tell if it was shot or ehd.

13-Oct-14
Very nice

13-Oct-14
Glad you found the person who shot it. Always sucks to lose any animal (duck, turkey, deer, whatever) but it happens.

When I bowhunted a ranch and guided rifle hunters, we used to find several bulls every year that had been shot and lost by rifle hunters the season before. Usually about 30 yards into heavy timber from a park or ridge. If the elk didn't fall in sight, they presumed they missed. With the hunters I guided, I ALWAYS made them climb the ridge with me to either find the bull or confirm a miss. Not all did that.

13-Oct-14
i thought the Blk bears would clean them up !!!

13-Oct-14
I was glad to have been able to help with this.

Jaquomo, It is sad, just like the thread Paul started "No Clue" so many are in it just for the kill, they could careless about the skill needed to successively hunt.

13-Oct-14
I wanted to point out that there are 3 of us involved in this venture, Leonard(who has possession of the antlers),myself, and my hunting buddy Wade, they deserve some credit as well.

13-Oct-14
Wow, cool. So can you give us a synopsis on how you tracked down the rightful owner?

14-Oct-14
SDHNTR,I had found the bull first but couldn't handle smell, Leonard knew who had lost the bull and he had the stomach to cut off the antlers and gave us his number, and I posted it here on bowsite. This was the only way we knew to try and find this guy. Maybe he will post a story for us, I'm still working on my write up on hunting 61.

• Sitka Gear