brunse 02-Oct-14
brunse 02-Oct-14
brunse 02-Oct-14
c3 02-Oct-14
30-Sep-14

BUGLELK's embedded Photo
BUGLELK's embedded Photo

BUGLELK's Link
Since the launch of Extreme Elk Magazine over 3 years ago, Bowsiters have played a huge role in providing us with successful DIY elk hunting stories and photos. We're again looking for story submissions to be included in our 2015 lineup.

If you have a success story you'd like to submit, please shoot me an email at [email protected]. Remember, it's not necessarily the size of the bull, but the quality of the experience and the photographs that make the difference in being published. Feel free to shoot me an email with any questions.

Many thanks! Corey Jacobsen Extreme Elk Magazine

30-Sep-14
Oh, how I wish I could hunt flat land like that.

30-Sep-14

BUGLELK's embedded Photo
BUGLELK's embedded Photo

BUGLELK's Link
Haha...it's only flat once you get back to where there are no elk Old Sarge...here are the canyons the elk were pushed down into... :-)

30-Sep-14
I did not fill my tag during the early season but was on the elk multiple days. I do still have a small rifle season and then my favorite late season in Dec, I really like being out searching for the elk in the snow. CDA, ID.

30-Sep-14
2 states 2 tags equals two bulls 4 me !!!

30-Sep-14
U can priny mind off if bowsite and send my money in small unmarked bills.

30-Sep-14
city, we need pics and stories!!!

01-Oct-14
yes, one big ole AZ bull, but we already emailed each other yesterday Corey !

02-Oct-14
+1 cityhunter

02-Oct-14
Absolutely! I had the best trip ever. I shared a good camp with a good friend, spent time with an old friend and had a more than my share of fun. Absolutely successful. FYI, I saw 4 cow elk but no shots.

02-Oct-14

brunse's embedded Photo
brunse's embedded Photo
Success?

I say yes. I showed my ole man three different wilderness's in about 18 days. I didn't kill an elk, but saw a few and passed many little mule deer bucks... processing might have gotten in the way of traveling.

Raggeds. West Elk and Weminuche. Probably did about 200 miles horseback and close to 100 on foot.

02-Oct-14

brunse's embedded Photo
brunse's embedded Photo

02-Oct-14

brunse's embedded Photo
brunse's embedded Photo

02-Oct-14

c3's embedded Photo
c3's embedded Photo
Shot this bull of a lifetime after the best stalk of my 33 year bowhunting career, right in bottom of the shoulder blade at 26 yards. Perfectly calmly executed right there some how. Arrow was stuck in the scapula but didn't go through and sticking out fully.

Spent 19 days trying to find him again to no avail. One of the most awesome and painful hunts I've ever done.

• Sitka Gear