JLS 02-Oct-14
elmer@laptop 02-Oct-14
Whip 02-Oct-14
t-roy 04-Oct-14
glidingindian 05-Mar-16
30-Sep-14

glidingindian's embedded Photo
How many have been there? The 12 yo son who would once run thru a wall to hunt with you is now 17 and in full rut. If there is a ponytail nearby you become invisible except as a mobile ATM. So when my long time outfitter friend Audrey McQueen came up with a last minute cancellation I dropped the invite on my youngest son William( Aka Bubba). Heck, he thinks school is optional and highly overrated anyway. I chose to believe he just wanted some quality time with dad. 4 years ago we did a short DIY archery elk hunt with his older brother Fox and had a great time in Colorado. No time to plan that here. Bubba put on full court press to study and I emailed all the teachers that this might be the last chance for this old goat to run up the mountain with his son. It worked On day 3 Bubba was covered in bulls , including a true giant with an 18 inch kicker at 50 yards. I asked if he would hold out for him next day. " not a chance". First good bull in range is goin down! Day 4 produced a great bull with a double lung shot much further than I told him to take and one I couldn't make on my best day

30-Sep-14
Good deal!

30-Sep-14

With the pressure off the old guy got in on the action on the last day with a great hunt. this nice bull got out of his bed late in the morning to check us out. Although I have killed bigger I have never been as excited Bubba thanked me many times and on the way home said it Was " the best trip ever". Hope everyone gets to hear that at least once

30-Sep-14
Nice ! Great memories !

And you can turn those pics around ( I think ) if you open up your thread and use the option at the bottom of the pic.

30-Sep-14
I love it! Nothing better than father/son time in the field.

BP

30-Sep-14
Drycreek- thanks for help . For some reason it starts process then quits. No doubt use r error but can't get it to rotate. When I embedded photo it appeared vertical but appeared 90* off in thread. Will try again

30-Sep-14
Very nice!

30-Sep-14
Very nice guys some good eating, congrats

01-Oct-14
That's awesome! Congrats guys! I know I treasure everyday I get in the field with my father and now every chance I get with our kids. Way to go on a couple great bulls!

01-Oct-14
mobile atm ;) Been there.

Congrats. Great memories. Much better than a few days in school

01-Oct-14
Congrats to you both. Hope I'll have my kids in the mountains in five years or so.

I have friends who have used the "hunting carrot" very successfully to spur on a focus on studies too. Funny how effective it is!

01-Oct-14
Those are a couple of beasts! What a great Father Son experience! Congrats

Best of Luck, Jeff

01-Oct-14
Congrats to you guys. Good times. HUNT

01-Oct-14
Very cool!! Congrats!!

01-Oct-14
Very Cool! Congrats on an excellent outdoor experience with some awesome bulls to top it off!

01-Oct-14
Thats awesome! Congrats to the both of you.

01-Oct-14

nijimasu's Link
Yahoo! Congrats to you and your son!

Gorgeous bull by anyone's standards and I wish I could get a crack at one like that.

See my thread linked here (but don't show your son).

01-Oct-14
NICE BULLS !!!!

01-Oct-14
Incredible !!! A HUGE congrats to you and your son!!

Mark

01-Oct-14
Too late nijimasu! He already saw that great thread and says she is mighty cute. If you Ever head south to visit TBM they might meet

Also, Although guided our hunt was on public land. Never dreamed I would ever be able to do that type of hunt , count my blessings daily. Great people to hunt with and be with

01-Oct-14
Hey Albert, Great job buddy.

2 awesome bulls. Was that in New Mexico?

01-Oct-14
That's fantastic, I tell my 2 year old Son every night when I put him to bed that I love him and that he's my best friend. I hope that some day he and I can share in similar adventures.

Well done, congrats to both of you.

01-Oct-14
Leo- yes,New Mexico. Heard you have new addition to the family. Congrats,!

02-Oct-14
Leo- yes,New Mexico. Heard you have new addition to the family. Congrats,!

02-Oct-14

BO-N-ARO's embedded Photo
BO-N-ARO's embedded Photo
Congrats to you and your son. This is my son, now 39, and the elk he shot this past month in New Mexico. And by the way, you did better than this dad..... not shot for me. He started bowhunting when he was 10. Shot his first whitetail at 11 and at 12 he shot two more. We have hunted together from South Texas to South Africa. Yip.... ole dad is purdy proud!! Believe me, it gets better as time passes, but there most likely will be a period when you just will not have time to hunt together. School, work, girls, marriage, kids and so on, but it will correct itself and you will find the two of you enjoying the hunt together once again. Enjoy every moment!

02-Oct-14
Thanks for posting,my solo hunts waiting on kids to get out of college are tough!

Congrats again on a pair of nice bulls.....

02-Oct-14
Genesis on front end of this deal, Bo-n-aro on back end and I am in middle. It's all good. Didn't start having kids until age 40 , works better generally if you start earlier. My 18 yo has only one thing on his mind so he is off the traveling squad for a while. Told me he won't make the annual trip to Kansas where he killed his first archery buck at 12. I understand but it still hurts a bit. Those college girls are tough competition but most of my friends say they come back around in a few years

02-Oct-14
Very cool Dad!

02-Oct-14
Cool!

02-Oct-14
What a memory for you both! Congratulations!

04-Oct-14
Congrats to both of you!

05-Mar-16

glidingindian's MOBILE embedded Photo
glidingindian's MOBILE embedded Photo

Saw this cartoon last week. Fit right in with original post. Couldn't resist !

• Sitka Gear