Contributors to this thread:
cityhunter 01-Oct-14
cityhunter 01-Oct-14
TD 01-Oct-14
Norseman 01-Oct-14
Owl 02-Oct-14
BTM 03-Oct-14
01-Oct-14
Just got a email from WY FG it seems a texas hunter went missing sept 5th Search turned up remains on sept 12th , numerous bears both grizz and blk were seen in drainage . Cause of death was blunt force trauma from a bear bite !!! Very sad news ,not a pleasant way to end ones life ! Prayers to his loved ones !!louis

01-Oct-14
sorry it was a man from UTAH not Texas

01-Oct-14
That's a shame. Prayers to the family.

Although there are worse ways to go than on the mountain.... gotta be careful out there.

For further thought I like to know if he was armed other than a bow, bear spray, an empty can of bear spray, a fired weapon.... whatever info they think may have relevance to the event.

01-Oct-14

Norseman's Link
he was working as a contractor for FWS

http://forums.bowsite.com/tf/bgforums/thread.cfm?forum=5&threadid=435358&MESSAGES=13&FF=5

02-Oct-14
My prayers to his family and friends.

I'd love to hunt WY one day but I am not thrilled at the behavior reports on a burgeoning generation of G bears who do not know man as a threat. Elk rut + gut piles + zero threat = dangerous bears. Man is becoming too closely associated with an unimpeded calorie source. Enact a season.

03-Oct-14
Last night I was gutting a moose 20 miles from there. Needless to say, I was in full pucker mode! Fortunately, neither yogi or lobo bothered me.

• Sitka Gear