Trial153 03-Oct-14
sureshot 03-Oct-14
sureshot 03-Oct-14
cityhunter 03-Oct-14
elkmtngear 03-Oct-14
TurkeyBowMaster 03-Oct-14
orionsbrother 04-Oct-14
02-Oct-14
I want to thank those of you who did such a great job with some outstanding writing and photos this year. Every year around mid July I start thinking of being in high country hunting elk. I have been on 5 elk hunts since 1996 with the last one being in 2012. Anyone that asks me about elk hunting usually gets the same response, that once you go it will get in your blood and you can forget about it being a "once in a lifetime" hunt. Thanks again to all of you that kept me in the hunt this year.

02-Oct-14
I think this has been the best "September stories" I can ever remember on Bowsite. I've said it several times....this is the best part of Bowsite!

Thanks to all who have taken the time to share the stories and pics!

02-Oct-14
Yep, some great elk re-cap threads on here. Best part about this site!

02-Oct-14
Especially last year, when I was on the sidelines, the incredible stories and pictures that guys took the time to post kept me from going nuts. I will always be grateful for that.

Thank you for bringing me along when I couldn't go.

Anyone who is hesitant to put something together, thinking that no one would want to hear what you have to say, I'm telling you that I will always want to check those threads out.

And, if you do put one together, it's a great way to share your story with your spouse and kids. My wife would never listen to a blow by blow account of a hunt, but she loved reading mine to the kids and it gives them more insight into why you want to do what you do.

I was even told, "You need to hunt more."

Score!!! "You don't have to say that twice, honey!"

03-Oct-14
"You need to hunt more."

You should have got that in writing! lol

03-Oct-14
Agreed.

And Orion, yours was top of the heap. Good to know that your real intention was not to entertain the BS fraternity, but to elucidate your strange passion to the family...

03-Oct-14
OTCWill's recap of last years hunt was great along with several others.

I believe the best of the year is just starting now. Legoman always has awesome adventures!

03-Oct-14
I'd like to add, a few where outstanding ! Orion and Huntman, WOW!

I re-read those a few times and probably will many more times.

and yes, It get in your blood, deeply.

03-Oct-14
Agreed 100%. I was just thinking this same thing yesterday as I was reading and re-reading through some of the recaps. Amazing photos and stories to go with them! Thanks everyone for sharing!

03-Oct-14
+100... Best there is. It never gets old and new story's and pics through out every week.

03-Oct-14
Not to hijack, but maybe some of the contributors can offer some pointers.

EX- How do you post multiple pictures in a post? How does BB get the high quality pics on Bowsite? (I realize he is good and has a good camera, but there could be something else?)

Writing- I have not submitted any epic stories. But what I do when I want to post a long story is type it up in MS Word first. That way I can do it at my leisure and use the inherent spell check. Also gives me time to review and change stuff if the story doesn't "flow". When I am ready to submit to BS, I copy and past text from Word.

Any other tips?

03-Oct-14
Z,

To get multiple pics and the larger pics, you save your pictures in Photobucket or similar then paste the url in your post. Problem with this is if your pics in the host are moved or something changes, the pics are gone from the thread. The other problem is when I open threads on my phone with these pics they are virtually unreadable.

03-Oct-14
I agree, and was thinking this the other day as well. Seems like an exceptional year for good hunt recaps on here with pronghorn, goat, sheep, moose, and elk stuff, and recently a great WY whitetail thread

Very cool stuff

Bake

03-Oct-14
i agree, this year has been outstanding.

03-Oct-14
I agree, lots of great hunts shared so far this fall. Thanks gor taking a tremendous amount of your time to share them. Jeff

03-Oct-14
I agree, lots of great hunts shared so far this fall. Thanks gor taking a tremendous amount of your time to share them. Jeff

03-Oct-14
Elk hunting Suxs :>

03-Oct-14
ZBarebow, I can answer one question...to post multiple pictures in a post, just paste the html codes from one of the online picture storage sites (like Photobucket)

You can string as many pic codes in a single post as you want.

You could even have the HTML codes in a Word Doc with your text...and just copy paste whatever you want with each posting.

Just upload your pics to Photobucket, and go from there!

Best of Luck, Jeff

03-Oct-14
"Thank you, thank you very much". Elvis Presley

04-Oct-14
If you work the whole story up ahead of time, you could polish it and make sure that it flows better.

But I became uncharacteristically self conscious about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way through. If I wasn't just doing it, I might've bailed on the idea.

And then I would've missed out on the opportunity to find out that the wife and kids really enjoyed it.

• Sitka Gear