SlipShot 08-Oct-14
SlipShot 08-Oct-14
SlipShot 08-Oct-14
huntmaster 08-Oct-14
AR 08-Oct-14
06-Oct-14

SlipShot's embedded Photo
Our elk camp is 14 miles bike on a very ugly road; especially if it is wet. We use trailers that we pull behind our ATVs to get equipment in and out. I would love to see what others use and here some info on the build or why they bought that particular trailer. Here is a picture of the trailer I built and used this year.

06-Oct-14
Very nice.

06-Oct-14
Sweet outfit. Color coordinated to boot! Also, looks like you have 4 spare ATV tires ready and waiting - nice touch.

06-Oct-14
Hockey Dadx2. Well conceived.

06-Oct-14
Check out the "Annual Elk Camp Thread" AR posted pics of what look to be nearly identical trailers, painted in black. Both of your guys' stuff looks good. Are these home bluprints or actual designs that are available to see?

06-Oct-14
Nice looking trailer! I built one half that size about ten years ago. It had more ground clearance than the atv and it tracked directly behind the atv. It had running gear from a cement mixer and was incredibly rugged. It did well!

06-Oct-14
I read a good report of a trailer called Bush Burro in Bear Hunting magazine. Does anybody know of a retailer in the USA where I might buy one?

06-Oct-14

No blue prints, but I would be more than happy to help in any way I can. I have a good friend that has a patent on a ATV trailers that he makes out of stock tanks called sprotanks. I'm not sure if he will bring them to market but I used him as a resource. I have attached a picture of one of his 6 foot models.

06-Oct-14

danny.a's embedded Photo
danny.a's embedded Photo
We had a long way into camp in Canada, Dam good trip tho

07-Oct-14
OK Danny - quit bragging!!!

All kidding aside -Looks like a heck of a trip for sure. Multiple elk and moose!

These trailers are pretty

07-Oct-14
Danny A, that is VERY IMPRESSIVE!! That is a dream trip! Sorry I can't stop looking at that picture and thinking about how much fun the day's leading up to it must have been.

07-Oct-14
I've been back a couple times to look at the picture(s) too.

I count 4 elk and at least 3 moose. Is there a story to go along with the picture - Start up a new thread or give us the link.

07-Oct-14

danny.a's embedded Photo
danny.a's embedded Photo
It was badass, not trying to hijack, there was a wolf in there too

07-Oct-14

danny.a's embedded Photo
danny.a's embedded Photo

07-Oct-14
Good thing about the water trough trailer is it could double as a bear proof storage in bear country! and doesn't need as much welding. All of them are unique.

Danny - Post up a new thread, would be a good thread! and will not take away from this good one either!

08-Oct-14
The lid for the sportank trailers have a rubber seal that keeps the dust and water out. Although that have not been validated bear proof, I'm sure that they could be.

08-Oct-14

AR's embedded Photo
AR's embedded Photo
Here’s one of my trailers heading to base camp location. I used the same tire size as the rears of the atv.

08-Oct-14

AR's embedded Photo
AR's embedded Photo
At base camp the trailer is used as our table. The side rails are hinged and the tail gate unlatches. It’s still unpainted due to finishing touches I want to add.

08-Oct-14

AR's embedded Photo
AR's embedded Photo
This is the start of the build. I got the floating axle idea while searching the web. It’s unbelievable how smooth the trailer travels and able to go faster compared to my original single axle trailer. I incorporated a swivel hitch. This idea came after tipping my single axle numerous times, on the rough rocky trail, that almost ripped the hitch off my atv. The floating axle has rubber stops which prevent the tires from rubbing on the expanded metal.

08-Oct-14
Love it but I would need a bigger trailer to get my trailer to the trail head.

08-Oct-14
WOW!

08-Oct-14

AR why the loop in your tongue? I also built a 3 axis hitch which allows the trailer to rotate 360 degrees without pulling the ATV over

08-Oct-14

testing

08-Oct-14

I used torsion axles. With wide stance and these axles the trailer is real stable. My only thing I would change is the length. I would shorten by a foot or two.

08-Oct-14
Awesome trailers guys!!

I bought a Yutrax with the tracking axles to use around my farm and it would work to haul camp in with. It's not nearly as well built as these, but its a decent trailer.

I really like the rotating hitches.

08-Oct-14
SlipShot, the trail we use has a few high spots. A straight tongue would hang up.

• Sitka Gear