BowCrossSkin 14-Oct-14
LUNG$HOT 15-Oct-14
StormCloud 15-Oct-14
Sivart 15-Oct-14
Ed 15-Oct-14
Trial153 15-Oct-14
ndbuck09 16-Oct-14
13-Oct-14
I have recently (August) moved to Idaho from Indiana. I had a Montana Archery Elk tag from before i knew i was moving to Idaho and have made the drive from Boise to Bozeman every weekend from Labor Day (scouting) to the end of September except for when I spent 9 days hunting with my buddy and covered two weekends.

After a couple close calls, I think i am done doing that drive for elk this year but I still want to keep hunting something but I have to wait 6 months for residency in Idaho so Elk/deer are pretty much off limits after all the gas i burned going to montana. The cheapest tag for non-residents is a Wolf tag so I am going to buy one of those and get after it. I know people don't give away their spots but i was curious if anyone has seen areas here in Idaho with higher densities of wolves where a guy could actually have a shot at pulling the trigger on one? I've heard that the area around Stanley is an original release site but does anyone have any real world sighting/experience to back this up?

Much appreciated for a guy looking to earn his elk tag for next year...

13-Oct-14
A year old ... But try this- northwestwolfsightings.org

13-Oct-14
Try putting this on the ID state forum too

14-Oct-14
Call the ID wildlife Biologists and Game Wardens with your questions.

14-Oct-14
I think most would be more than willing to give you their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and so on favorite wolf "spots" ………..

15-Oct-14
Sounds like your "crying wolf" here brother!

15-Oct-14
Dwarshak Unit 10A , Headquarters.Pierce, The last time I hunted for elk in these areas..I could have taken wolf with a bow. Never seen any elk however.

15-Oct-14
I wish I could help ya. I encourage everyone who's capable to do their part in thinning the wolves down. The deer and elk will thank you for it.....

15-Oct-14

Ed's embedded Photo
Ed's embedded Photo

Ed's Link
Found this on Idaho Fish and Game website.

15-Oct-14
Ouch!!

16-Oct-14
Guys, much thanks for these tips! I'm getting pumped to get after these things! Ya'll rock. BTW Idaho has been awesome!

• Sitka Gear