406elkchasr 15-Oct-14
TurboT 16-Oct-14
bradbear 16-Oct-14
nvgoat 16-Oct-14
406elkchasr 16-Oct-14
NorthT 17-Oct-14
SoDakSooner 17-Oct-14
13-Oct-14
I have an Eberlestock X2 and have found it almost perfect for me. I like the design and size of the pack. I do not bring much on backpack hunts and am able to fit everything in/on it for the 9 day stretches I go. Im looking for something more comfortable with the same size/design. The nomad has caught my eye as maybe something similar, but not sure. Anybody have any suggestions for something like the X2. Thanks!

13-Oct-14
I own both an X2 and a Nomad. I love the x2, i have hauled out several animals with it and have used it on a couple multi night trips. The Nomad is like an X2 on steroids. They are similar in layout but the Nomad paired with a Kifaru frame will do anything the X2 will do only better. It is a very versatile pack with almost limitless options on configuration.

15-Oct-14
After using the rei xt85 for my elk trip, the X2 is going to be staying home except for whitetail hunts. It's a great day pack, but really sucks with over 50 lbs on it.

15-Oct-14
I also have both the X2 and Nomad. I also totally agree with 406 and scoot. I'm still trying to figure out the best configuration for bivy hunting, but that is what makes it fun.

15-Oct-14
Thanks for the input. Which frame do you guys favor with the nomad. Just personal preferance? My pack for the week is usually around 45#s. I'm not one that can hump around 100 pounds of meat either. At best if it's warm I'll do 75. Also, any must haves as far as accessories for this pack?

15-Oct-14
I have only ever used the duplex so i cant really comment on the bikini frame. As far as accessories i have a medium pod that i run under the wings, a grab it, long hunter lid that i use on extended trips. That set allows me to only have my sleeping bag and food between the wings keeping the pack nice and compact. In day mode i actually use a t3 lid which i think really gives the pack a nice finished look. The hip belt pouches are pretty awesome too. I can get you some pics if you want, just let me know.

16-Oct-14
I have the duplex frame, but the bikini is great also. I went with the 26" frame (I'm 5'11) as I like a longer frame, grab it, medium belt pouches and a medium pouch lashed on for things I want quick access to on the top of my pack. I place my clothes, sleeping bag and pad in a stuff sack and wrap the bat wings around it. The grab it is awesome for packing meat!

16-Oct-14
I liked the basic layout of the X2, it fit me like HELL. Got the bikini Nomad fit is great, carries more then I can, can hold more, the list could go on of better then the x2. There really isn't a comparison and yes there is a big price difference. I have not used the duplex frame but really like the bikini

16-Oct-14
What about the noise factor. The X2 is fairly quiet. What material is the Nomad?

16-Oct-14
I believe it is 500d cordura. To me there is no noise but like most any pack when you drag it across brush or limbs it does make some noise but nothing that i feel is an issue.

17-Oct-14
I also have both packs. Love bout but only consider the x2 as day pack. It's just too short for me to provide any lift to a load. The nomad is almost a perfect pack for me. The only thing I wished it had was a small inside bag like the x2. I have the bikini frame with26 in stays. 2 med belt pouches, grab it, and long hunter lid. I also have a long back pouch and claymore. I was gonna go with the camp bag but used a 40l dry bag instead. Compresses great for day hunts and packed out meat like a champ. Packed 60-70pounds with no problems. I did pack my last bag right at 107 lbs. not recommended but did it anyway partly just to see if I could, plus didn't want make another trip. I think the material on he nomad is a little louder but I think it will be more durable in the long run. For deer season so far I have used it to take ladders in, ground blind, and stands. Not all at the same time obviously but my point is there isn't much that it can't do!

17-Oct-14
I have an x2 and like most of the others, like it a lot but too short for any kind of load hauling. I do use it as my whitetail day pack though .The lifters on it are completely worthless.

I bought a KUIU Icon 1850 this year for my western hunts and am nothing but satisfied. Extremely comfortable, Carries loads well (65 lbs in training...sadly no elk quarters to pack) and I liked the way it was organized. That said, doing it again I would have bought the 5000 ci bag. It was quite a bit smaller inside than the x2, but does have the option of fitting a more storage between the frame and bag on the load shelf for another 2500 ci.

• Sitka Gear