ELKDIY 16-Oct-14
Archer829 16-Oct-14
ELKDIY 16-Oct-14
Archer829 16-Oct-14
kota-man 17-Oct-14
ELKDIY 17-Oct-14
MaBow 18-Oct-14
16-Oct-14
Owned and packed some heavy loads with the 2013 Icon 7200 and 1850. Loved the 1850 but it sqeeked with heavy loads. The 7200 rode my hips with heavy loads. Sold them both. Looking at the new Pro series. Has anyone used both series and can you give me any feedback? He does the Pro fit with heavy loads? Has it improved? Looking for your help so I don't throw down the $ and get the same experince as the 2013 model. Thanks for your feedback!

16-Oct-14
Just something to consider: If you do wind up deciding to get an Icon Pro, and you need one with the small/medium belt, don't hold your breath waiting for them to restock.....I was told by customer service that they may not ever get any more of those belts!

16-Oct-14
Ouch. Not good.

16-Oct-14
No kidding! Last month I had one in my cart, and as I was checking out, it switched to saying they were out of stock.....

17-Oct-14
I've used 5 different packs on 5 different mountain hunts this year. I am working on a review of these five but with regard to KUIU. I own and Icon Pro 5200, and an Ultra with all three bags.

The Icon Pro is leaps and bounds better in every category over the Ultra series. The Icon Pro bag is a welcomed step up with 500 d cordura. The suspension and belt is a HUGE improvement over previous Icon/Ultra offerings. The most recent frame is solid.

I have not been a fan of KUIU packs ever since they came out. I have owned every generation of KUIU pack made and not been happy. That is until the ICON Pro. KUIU got it right with the Icon Pro. This pack is right up there with the Stone Glaciers/Exo's/ MR's and Kifaru's of the world at half the price.

And before you Kifaru guys jump all over me, I am still a HUGE Kifaru fan and prefer their packs over any. I'm just saying this Icon Pro is a valid player in the pack market at half the price of some of the biggies. If I could only own one pack, it would be a Kifaru, but this Icon Pro is a darn good pack for the price. The only thing I would change on the Icon Pro is the waist belt and buckles. If they "beefed" theirs up like Kifaru/MR/Stone Glacier, they would be a serious contender in the comfort category for me.

I used the Icon Pro 5200 on a Central Barren Caribou hunt this year and it performed flawlessly hauling 3 separate 100 lb. + loads of caribou. It handled 100+ about as well as could be expected with that kind of load.

IMO you cannot go wrong with an Icon Pro. If they'd come out with a 3000 ci bag, I'd be all over it.

17-Oct-14
Kota- again thanks for your honest feedback! Many thanks

18-Oct-14
Very good info koto. Thanks for the post

• Sitka Gear