Shiras 27-Oct-14
GhostBird 27-Oct-14
JTreeman 27-Oct-14
Aaron Johnson 28-Oct-14
Nick Muche 28-Oct-14
27-Oct-14

Reflex's embedded Photo
Reflex's embedded Photo
Found this on Craig's List this morning. I can't even imagine how incredibly painful this would be to use!

Here's the description:

"Sturdy homemade pack frame - $5 - Going hiking and need to lash your pack to a frame? If you have things you need to carry on your back, this frame (curved to fit) would be helpful. The canvas is a little tattered, but still good, although you could easily replace it with something else."

27-Oct-14
The big advantage of this frame...? With no padding it keeps the load VERY close to your back!

27-Oct-14
YIKES! It looks like the threaded ends of the carriage bolts might dig in a little, but I am sure it will keep frame from sliding on your back!

Where is Aron when you need him!

27-Oct-14
Those Himalayan sherpas make the rest of us with our $100 packs look like wussies. Goodness, what's that say about guys with $700 packs?

(Just kidding -- of course I lust after them like we all do!)

27-Oct-14
Early Kifaru design prototype. Hey....you gotta start somewhere!

27-Oct-14
'Sturdy' Yeah, no argument there.

27-Oct-14
That's TBM's homemade Elk packer,said it was better than any Kuiu or Kifaru us rich kids use.

27-Oct-14
I'll bet it squeaks almost as much as my Badlands Sacrifice!

27-Oct-14

IdyllwildArcher's MOBILE embedded Photo
IdyllwildArcher's MOBILE embedded Photo

I have nothing to add to this thread, but needed to test posting a pic from my phone and this thread was on the elk board and I killed this grouse while elk hunting, so

27-Oct-14
Looks like it would be pretty rigid and in an emergency you could use it as firewood.

27-Oct-14
Only one piece missing.....a length of barbed wire for a waist belt.

27-Oct-14
and it has an adjustable frame length, small medium large - Just move the shoulder straps.

27-Oct-14
I'll open the bidding at 100 pesos!

27-Oct-14
Can also be used as a step ladder to hang your elk quarters at night. The more I think of it, the better this pack is sounding!

27-Oct-14
Marty, I actually think it's pretty cool...For a decoration for a hunting shack.

27-Oct-14
Damn Marty... makes my back hurt just looking at it!!!

27-Oct-14
Please tell us you immediately went and bought it for the Bargain basement price of only $5!!!!

Can't pass this stuff up!

--Jim

28-Oct-14
That's like something my uncle would hillbilly engineer and repeatedly say to me "I think it will work, don't you?"

28-Oct-14
Make for some damn good kindling!

• Sitka Gear