Barty1970 12-Dec-14
midwest 12-Dec-14
Barty1970 12-Dec-14
Mt. man 12-Dec-14
ilandhunter 12-Dec-14
Z Barebow 13-Dec-14
09-Dec-14
Hey guys,

I wanted to post the film we just produced from our 2014 Montana Elk Hunt this fall. We consider it DIY but I guess that's debatable with some people HA.

I am sure several of you, like many I know, are always talking about going on an elk hunt but never do. We had zero experience two years ago and just went and it has been an awesome learning experience. There was actually a guy on Bowsite that pointed us in the area we hunt now and we are very thankful for that. We have been very lucky to harvest an animal as we didn't expect to and on some days on our first trip we didn't even see elk. I guess what I am trying to say is that there is a lot of public land in Montana with elk so if you are contemplating going, just go for it one year. You won't ever be fully prepared but it will be worth it and addicting.

We tried to make this video accurately reflect what a public land elk hunt is like but realize we were very lucky to tag out in 4 days. Thanks again for the support, we hope you enjoy the video! Let us know what questions you may have.

Steve

09-Dec-14
Very well done congrats!

09-Dec-14
Nice video!!

How far was your shot? What is your archery set-up? How far did he run after he was hit? How come the cameraman never gets to hunt?:)

09-Dec-14
Very nicely done! Enjoyed it very much!

09-Dec-14
That was great! Thanks for sharing!

09-Dec-14
I really liked all of it up till the point the screen went black with audio and no video. Perfect display of OTC archery hunting in the woods anywhere. Bob.

09-Dec-14
Very awesome and congrats. Enjoyed it and it's a great diy hunt, the way it should be done. Can't wait for next Sept here in NM.

09-Dec-14
Nice job! Good hunt and good video.

09-Dec-14
Very cool, nice work. There sure are some freaky racked bulls in that area...I loved the "unicorn" spike!

Best of Luck, Jeff

10-Dec-14

10-Dec-14
Sweet vid!

10-Dec-14
Show us more of your trailer set up. Looked like a nice base camp rig. Nice video. Need more info on set up, yardage for your shot. Congradulations

10-Dec-14
Well done. Thanks for taking the time to post it up.

10-Dec-14
Awesome video you guys produced. Great hunt too.

Thanks for sharing.

10-Dec-14
Very nice,thanks for sharing

10-Dec-14
Nice !!!

I love seeing real hunts.

Congrats, Pete

10-Dec-14
Great video. Way to follow up and find that bull. Just out of curiosity did you lose any meat?

10-Dec-14
Absolutely amazing!! Incredible!! You guys in the US are only paying $3.83 (£2.55) a GALLON for gas??!! :O

Sheesh...we have to stump out the equivalent of $8.32 a gallon in the UK :(

Oh...and the video was really great as well by the way; thanks a million for sharing

10-Dec-14
Ken,

I paid $2.65 USD per gallon to fill up this week. I am sure many here in the South and West USA pay less that that. It make the decision to drive out West to elk hunt a little easier.

10-Dec-14
Good stuff and great camera work.

A good illustration to anyone who says bow noise doesn't matter,too...

10-Dec-14
Even if it was $8.32 per gallon here, I'd still be driving out west every year!

10-Dec-14
That Trailer is awesome. I need to make something like that! I saw your youtube trailer tour.

10-Dec-14
Terrific film. Held my attention throughout. I appreciated your recap at the end on cost, etc.

11-Dec-14
How far was your shot? What is your archery set-up? How far did he run after he was hit? How come the cameraman never gets to hunt?:)

It was a 45 yard shot. It is a Hoyt Carbon with VAP Arrows and G5 Montec Broadheads.

One of these hunts it will be my turn! I get a pretty big kick out of capturing everything on video so I am content. He is a better hunter and I am better at video so we just play to our strengths so we can do stuff like this. That being said I am gaining points in quite a few states and my time will come!

11-Dec-14
That was for diesel! Gas is around $2.50 in the midwest currently.

11-Dec-14
Very nice. I wish all hunting videos were made that way.

11-Dec-14
I hope I'm that fortunate this Sept.

Well done.

12-Dec-14
"Even if it was $8.32 per gallon here, I'd still be driving out west every year!"

Amen to that Midwest!!

Good luck and good hunting for the next season

12-Dec-14
See you on the mountain, Barty!

12-Dec-14
We can go halves...

12-Dec-14
Good job guys. Liked all of it. Reminds me of the full draw film tour the 1st year. Raw & Real and not a ton of editing software. Again Congrats!

12-Dec-14
nicely done, thanks for posting

13-Dec-14
Nice job by the ND guys! Thanks for sharing.

• Sitka Gear