Bill in MI 07-Jan-15
Saxton 07-Jan-15
kevin3006 07-Jan-15
Turk 07-Jan-15
Mule Power 07-Jan-15
Saxton 08-Jan-15
bill v 11-Jan-15
07-Jan-15
I am going to CO on a Drop Camp elk hunt in Sept. I plan on shipping my gear via UPS to the outfitter. Do any of you have any tips/suggestions for me regarding this?

I plan on shipping my bow in it's case. I am thinking of using a plastic tote for clothes ect.

I have already talked to the outfitter and he told me that he often has clients do this.

07-Jan-15
Pretty common. Even better on the way home so you can take meat on the plane.

My only suggestion would be don't skimp on the insurance and if you have anything that truly has sentimental value take it on the airplane.

Good luck with the bulls Saxton.

07-Jan-15
Also, I've found it cheaper (and easier) to take it directly to your closest UPS hub (airport, etc) than a "UPS" store.

It works, I've done it, and will do it again.

07-Jan-15
Thanks guys!

07-Jan-15
If at all possible ship to a business address because rates are cheaper to a business than a residential address.

07-Jan-15
Saxton. One thing (extra)that I do is I pack it in my bow case and then I put my bow case in a box. Not needed to be done, but that way there are no sharp or irregular edges to catch on anything. It is also more likely not to slide around in the delivery truck.

07-Jan-15
Find someone you know who ships from work a lot. My wife's company does and so I get their rates which are cheaper for sure.

08-Jan-15
Thanks again!

This is exactly what I was looking for. Tid Bits of info that one does not think of.

11-Jan-15
Hard cases are Huge. I shipped my stuff in a home made cardboard box. Bow was in a soft case padded on bot and top with Styrofoam and on the side with clothes and my sleeping bag.

Everything was fine and I shipped from work as stated above. Give yourself plenty of time. I carried the backup with me in my suitcase

Good luck

Bill v

• Sitka Gear