Boris 11-Jan-15
Mule Power 11-Jan-15
TurkeyBowMaster 11-Jan-15
BRI 12-Jan-15
snapcrackpop 12-Jan-15
midwest 12-Jan-15
Boris 13-Jan-15
08-Jan-15
I have a chance to hunt in montana this sept. The units are 210, 211, 212. Can I get some feedback on these areas. thanks dave

08-Jan-15
bulls avg 320 plus

08-Jan-15
Bulls avg 320 plus.

This is a bullshit statement. I live 20 mins from 210 and an hour from the other units. They have elk and 320 bulls live there but are not the Average. Good luck on your hunt and get in shape. HUNT

08-Jan-15
I doubt any unit in MT averages 320" bulls. Not possible.

08-Jan-15
Let's give him a chance to explain before we jump all over him.

Like . . . of all "mature bulls" harvested each year (let's assume 6 points), the average score is 320".

I still think that's a very long stretch, as a 320 bull is something that 95% of us would likely get mounted if we were actually fortunate enough to kill one, but I suppose it's "possible" somewhere.

08-Jan-15
Not in MT.

09-Jan-15
I know of certain ranches that can average 320"+.... but to claim an entire region averages that is just campfire talk.

Kind of like the bass fisherman who swears he pulls in 8 pounders regularly until you go fishing with him and bring a scale.

09-Jan-15
Love to hunt a place every year that averaged 320" bulls. Don't think I ever will get to.

09-Jan-15
Ha Ha City you farted and left the room. Do you guys really think he was serious?

Those are your average run of the mill units. Middle of the road. I'd have nothing bad or exceptionally good to say about any of them. Like most places... be persistent and you could kill a bull. With some luck you could kill a nice one. Even a 320.

What's that smell? ;-)

09-Jan-15
In those units all bulls between 300 and 340 average 320!

09-Jan-15
Hey, MP....can you pm me some gps coordinces?

;-)

09-Jan-15
I saw mostly 300+ bulls on my hunt but I really not sure what a 300 looks like so they could have been 250 or 350...my little bull was the smallest one I saw and his horns are wide as my golf cart and if mounted on the hood are as tall as the cab, so I don't know how big the biggest I saw was but it had to be pretty nice. I can't wait to nail one and see how big...I only hope he taste as good as last year's or I will be shooting cows and small bulls from now on.

09-Jan-15
Know problum Midwest. PM cent

09-Jan-15
I think city was using the "TBM" scoring method.

On second thought, i guess the average would have been closer to 420''.

09-Jan-15
Because I don't live there, I am looking to take an elk. Don't care what. If I was to get a bull, fine. My friends son has taken 4 bulls in the last 6 yrs. Not big, but they are nice bulls. I am looking to fine out about the terrain. thanks

09-Jan-15
Boris if u are looking for just any elk many places to go Mt tags r not the cheapest either.

11-Jan-15
City, so you think I should get a OTC tag in Colorado and hunt an area that I have not hunted in 25 yrs. Or hunt someplace that I have someone that has been hunting that area and having luck. That knows that area and where the elk and deer are? And to have a better chance at getting an elk, than going in blind? Yes, the tag may cost more. Free guide service is worth its weight in gold.

11-Jan-15
Boris... I'd trade 2 Colorado public land licenses for one in Montana. And their experience is worth it's weight in backstraps. City was kidding man. He's in an entertaining mood this week.

By the time winter is over there will be dead bodies all over these forums. Cmon spring!

11-Jan-15
Mention elk hunting in the south and Colorado will find its way into the conversation... it's like nobody here even thinks about another state. And most just go the otc route so those areas have got to be inundated with good southern hunters. Most probably fall into the same patterns.

12-Jan-15
I quit hunting those units about 5 years ago. The majority of elk in those 3 units reside on private land throughout the entire year. Lots of people chasing the few elk that remain on public land.

But sounds like you have an in so not sure why you are asking.....

12-Jan-15
Just be sure to attach your tag to your arrow before you shoot it or you might get a ticket for not tagging your elk "immediately"!

12-Jan-15
good one scp! lol

13-Jan-15
Gee, I thought that doing your homework was the smart thing to do. To get ready for an elk hunt.

• Sitka Gear