DonVathome 04-Aug-15
DonVathome 04-Aug-15
Teeton 04-Aug-15
RonS 05-Aug-15
adbowhunter 05-Aug-15
Jim/WA 06-Aug-15
RonS 17-Aug-15
09-Jan-15
So I live in Wisconsin and have 14 non-resident points for Colorado and have been thinking about putting in for Unit 76. However, I'm thinking I would prefer to go with someone else who might be hunting that unit at the same time. Not necessarily to hunt together just to share a camp and work together. Any suggestions?

09-Jan-15
I think that is a good idea. Might want to visit the Colorado forum here or on Monster Muley's. com. Might get luck and find a resident hunting the same area.

Another option is try find someone that hunted it last few years that just might want to tag along. I hunted Unit 2 CO this year on a archery hunt with a friend who had the tag. I had it two years ago and was able to same him time looking for elk.

09-Jan-15
RonS

Feel free to contact me. I have 12 NR PP's going into the 2015 draw.

09-Jan-15
I know a couple guys that might draw fyi (2-3) they are usually on here so hopefully they chime in!

09-Jan-15
PM sent

14-Jan-15
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Z - I will be in touch. If you hear of anyone else who might be interested have them contact me.

14-Jan-15
I am probably putting in next year (have 12 points now) if it doesn't work for you this year. I'm in Northern Illinois not sure where your at in WI.

14-Jan-15
I have 14 points also. I don't know anyone else that has that many points. I've been seriously considering burning them on 76. Tired of the point creep and being in points limbo. I live in PA and may be interested.

15-Jan-15
Have 15 but may not go until 2016.

04-Aug-15
I'm just putting this out there again for a possible 2016 hunt. Things didn't work out for me to go this fall but I would really like to get a plan in place for 2016 in Unit 76. I will have plenty of points to draw but I would like to get a partner lined up if possible. Let me know if you know of anyone who would be interested, resident or non-resident. Thanks.

04-Aug-15
FYI I have several friends who have enough points to draw next year, shoot me an email when apps open next year and I will see if anyone is interested.

Great hunt, lots of elk, vocal and GORGEOUS country.

Start training now!

I drew with 6 or 7. not so now!

04-Aug-15
04-Aug-15
I keep thinking of burning my 17 points on u-76, there's no other place to really burn them. I tried to burn 16 points on pronghorn this past draw and didn't get drawn. First year in about 10 I'm missing my elk trips. Doing pronghorn in Wyoming. Leaving this Friday. Ed

05-Aug-15
Thanks Don. I will reach out to you next spring.

05-Aug-15
RonS -

I drew the tag this year and as generous as everyone on here has been with information, I'm more than happy to share what I've learned and found in preparation for this hunt.

And...if I'm successful, I'll definitely share as much information as possible to help even more for your hunt next year.

Although, I highly doubt there will be as much water next year as we have this year...Its really changed somethings from what I've found in the high country.

Feel free to reach out to me any time after season!.

Its never too early to start the planning.

06-Aug-15
I've hunted 751 off and on for 13 years all the while accumulating PP's to hunt 76. 2016 looks like the year for me. In 2013, we rented Llamas out of Silverton and that worked awesome. I plan to do something similar next year in 76. I guess I hadn't thought about it but I may consider sharing costs with 1 or 2 other guys if things fell into place. I'd be driving from Washington state.

17-Aug-15
Thanks Jim/WA, I'll send you a pm.

• Sitka Gear