Junior 15-Jan-15
Topgun 30-06 15-Jan-15
WapitiBob 15-Jan-15
Reflex 15-Jan-15
Topgun 30-06 15-Jan-15
Don K 15-Jan-15
Snag 17-Jan-15
11-Jan-15
If I put in for the "special" (high priced) tag, and don't draw, but would get a General tag as my second choice,do I still pay the special price for the general tag, or it is less?

Thanks,

11-Jan-15
Yup.

11-Jan-15
Fin...Yup to same price, or is it less? :)

11-Jan-15
You will pay the price for whatever draw you enter, whether you draw first or second choice. In your example, you will pay the high priced "Special" fee.

11-Jan-15
But just don't bank on drawing a general tag as a second choice. Maybe it could happen this year, but apparently last year, no one drew a general tag as a second choice.

11-Jan-15
Especially expensive if you put in for a cow tag second choice. FYI No general tags drawn by nonresidents as a second choice last year.

11-Jan-15
That's not true Corn bore. My buddy and I drew Gen Elk tags as second choice on the special draw and kept our points. I think it's a 70% chance of drawing Gen as second choice on the special.

I know of a number of guys who draw Gen as a second choice almost every year.

Cheers, Pete

12-Jan-15
I think corn was saying last year if you didn't pay for special you didn't get general for second choice. i also paid for special and got the higher priced general as my second choice.

12-Jan-15
I was beginning to think I was ruining WY Special GEN 2nd choice draw odds but I can see nobody pays attention so now I can rest easy.

carry on

12-Jan-15
Is applying for a special general as a second choice the only way to keep your points? If so, can you put in for general tag as first choice then special general as second?

12-Jan-15
Is applying for a special general as a second choice the only way to keep your points? If so, can you put in for general tag as first choice then special general as second?

12-Jan-15
Special and Regular are two separate draws. The answer is a)yes b)no

12-Jan-15
thanks, I understand

12-Jan-15
WB,

I was thinking the same thing as the "Cat was out of the bag" but it must have jumped back in........

12-Jan-15
How many people paid $100 to Huntin Fool for bad information?

lol @ W.Bob

12-Jan-15
WapitiBob... could you please redeem yourself by using some profanity so they delete this thread? Thanks man.

12-Jan-15
WB- If HF or Eastmans ever offer to bring you on board, I'll bet Bowsite members would do there best to ensure you NOT contribute to HF or Eastmans!

Please ASAP, somebody hijack this thread. Xbow pushing Rage broadheads, hunting high fence while on an ATV. Post a picture of deer with a rifle head shot (Rifle must be in picture with shooter wearing a redneck hat and drinking) Anything! NUKE IT! ;)

12-Jan-15
Eastman and I had a few words last year after I commented on his poor WY MRS.

After this years episode over there I'm pretty sure they won't be calling. What's surprising is they haven't banned me.

12-Jan-15
WB- They needed some new blood to do MRS. They were pretty much copy/pastes from the previous year. (OK they were copy paste!). I had a chuckle last year.

In a Eastman blog, Eastman had recommendation 5 top elk units. (Around a year ago if I remember) Unfortunately, WYO G&F had revamped one of the units and the unit # recommended no longer existed! (IE Copy and Paste previous stuff). Not good when it is your home state and the unit is just down the road from Powell.

I like Eastmans and MRS section. It is a good reference, but not gospel.

12-Jan-15
Hoshour has revamped the MRS for this year with additional data and that's a good thing. I think he cares and want's a decent MRS.

Like you, I like the mag and read the MRS but good grief fix the easy stuff.

12-Jan-15
Just finished reading the Jan '15 issue of HF. Surprised they still don't fully understand the Wyoming draw either. HF quote: "In the past we told guys who were wanting to hunt the general units but also wanting to continue to build points to apply in the "Special Draw" for the best unit and then second choice general. This worked until 2014. Last year no Non-Resident hunter drew a General license as a second choice."

This will be puzzling news to those who drew.

12-Jan-15
Did Eastmans have a WY elk section? I didn't see it in my January issue, I could be blind though.

12-Jan-15
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

DJ

12-Jan-15
Hows the weather out there?

12-Jan-15
Pretty cold from what I hear. But it's been like a roller coaster up & down. Spring turkey is right around the corner so hang in there.

12-Jan-15
INDB2- It is in the Jan hunting issue (Not bowhunting)

12-Jan-15
Thanks Z, I Just get Bowhunting

12-Jan-15
Anyone go to Eastman's site and try to get the electronic copy of the MRS? Surprise!

12-Jan-15
WB: "Eastman and I had a few words last year after I commented on his poor WY MRS. After this years episode over there I'm pretty sure they won't be calling. What's surprising is they haven't banned me.""

Nope, they banned me for 30 days instead for telling them they ain't worth a shite!!!

12-Jan-15
midwest: "Anyone go to Eastman's site and try to get the electronic copy of the MRS? Surprise!"

After getting banned over there for 30 days for telling them they were violating our existing subscription contracts with them when they dropped the MRS with no notice, I'm now taking up the matter by filing a formal complaint for breech of contract against Eastmans through the Consumer Protection Unit of the Wyoming Office of the Attorney General in Cheyenne! If Wyoming is as good as Michigan is on stuff like this someone(s) at the company aren't going to be very happy when the shit hits the fan!

12-Jan-15
INDB2-you are going to have to "upgrade" to digital or subscribe to both mags now. Apparently Eastmans did not like a few people subscribing to one magazine and getting the MRS from both for FREE...they closed that loophole.

I get both anyway but sure was ticked when I went to get some MRS info and it was ALL GONE. Pretty cowardly done too. No notice, not even a thanks for all your money for all these years but you're screwed email. Probably in some stupid "blog" or maybe the "tweeted" it.

Classy.

12-Jan-15
Nope I had to call them on the phone to find out they eliminated the online MRS.

13-Jan-15
Hmmm......looked at Wyoming draw odds for elk doesn't look like any non resident drew a general second choice??? Not the first time Wyoming game department has done something hokey in my lifetime.

13-Jan-15
No. Been like that for years. You have to enter it as your first choice and you'll need a point or three.

13-Jan-15
"Hmmm......looked at Wyoming draw odds for elk doesn't look like any non resident drew a general second choice??? ...."

See Mule Power, I can show restraint...

14-Jan-15
Very good Bob. Your therapy must be working. :-)

14-Jan-15
Bob, I think if you just took the time to explain exactly how the draw works and why you can get the general tag on a second choice, people would stop spreading this bad information once and for all!! :-)

14-Jan-15
Yeah, Bob, how's come you've never taken the time to do that?

BTW, thanks for all you do!

14-Jan-15
I'm starting to like you guys.

14-Jan-15
Aw, come on WB, "splain" it one more time---NOT!

14-Jan-15
Bobs the draw guru for most, if not all western states! Top gun is on it to! I'm sure it gets old keeping us dummies straight.

14-Jan-15
Not an expert by any means, i just ask a lot of questions.

An example:

Wy doe antelope odds report may show a tag allocation of 150 tags and 100 1st choice applicants for a hunt. Is it a lock if you apply with your 1st choice?

Nobody had ever asked the question and it took 2 days to get an answer. In WY, you can apply for 2 doe tags in the initial draw. The report only shows the number of individual applicants, not the number of tags that those applicants applied for.

Also, you can specify on your type 1 app to draw up to 2 doe tags if you are successful in drawing your full price tag. That will pull 2 tags from the type 6 draw before you ever get there.

15-Jan-15
Almost as confusing, if not worse than AZ trying to figure odds. Just not enough info, unless you spend hours on the Ph with the Dept. Some times they don't have the answers either, especially if you talk to the wrong one.

15-Jan-15
Just thinking outside the box...This kinda gives Wyoming the ability to print their own money. lol

15-Jan-15
WapitiBob---Be very careful in what you say on this and OYOA, as Reekers just banned me for life on Eastmans for not playing nice about their company on other websites! Like I give a shit, LOL! Also, the formal complaint paperwork is going in to the Attorney General's Office today after I was back and forth with them by email earlier this week. Anyone else that wants to file a formal complaint can send me a PM and I'll give you the scoop on where to send it to. The lady that will be handling the matter is Lesley Osen in the Consumer Protection Section.

15-Jan-15
You got some street cred now 'ol timer. LOL

15-Jan-15
"INDB2-you are going to have to "upgrade" to digital or subscribe to both mags now. Apparently Eastmans did not like a few people subscribing to one magazine and getting the MRS from both for FREE...they closed that loophole."

It's not really a loophole. It use to be that the all of the MRS information was printed in the bowhunting edition. It wasn't until a few years ago when they started splitting the states among both magazines.

15-Jan-15
"You got some street cred now 'ol timer. LOL"

Ya really think so, LOL!!!

15-Jan-15

Don K's embedded Photo
Don K's embedded Photo

17-Jan-15
Please...the last guy who ought to be allowed to wear a US military uniform...just saying.

• Sitka Gear