PAstringking 12-Jan-15
safari 12-Jan-15
elkmtngear 13-Jan-15
PAstringking 13-Jan-15
Bob H in NH 13-Jan-15
Adventurewriter 13-Jan-15
Ed 14-Jan-15
12-Jan-15
I need to get a good website going for my art, product development and writing. I am kind of a perfectionist when it comes to such things and a website that features art needs to have some wow factor. I have messed with a few do it yourself sites and have just not been happy with the results. I can get around a computer but technology is not a strength so kind of figuring I need some that is an expert do it. Trying to staying a reasonable budget and some of the prices I have been quoted have been a little shocking.

Any thoughts...any ideas??? All are appreciated...

Cheers,

Ted

12-Jan-15
Dang it! I'm in the process of learning website development, but I don't have the ability (yet!) to give any wow factor. If you haven't found anyone to help you out in a few months, I'd be willing to give it a shot.

12-Jan-15
I paid 5k for mine and feel it was worth it. Also pay yearly for editing ability.

12-Jan-15
try M2 Web Design: 401-484-5120 www.m2cd.com: M² is focused on the development, publication, promotion, and maintenance of your web site. Don't know what Marc charges but worth an inquiry. Marc has helped me in the past.

13-Jan-15

elkmtngear's Link
Guru.com

You can bid and describe the job...and you can peruse thousands of portfolios of designers just looking for work.

If you see something you like, get in touch with the designer and hash out the details...all free.

We used Guru to design our site back in 2009.

See link for the main Guru.com website

Best Wishes, Jeff (Bowsite Sponsor)

13-Jan-15
I used 3plains when I did mine. They do a lot of outdoor related websites

13-Jan-15
You can do many things with the "toy" sites like "google sites". I've used it to build a web site for my states soccer referee program. However for a company, yes you are limited.

Professional web site development is expensive, but it comes with both technical skill and the artistic side. I can do the technical, but for the life of me can't come up with the "cool" ideas for the "wow"

13-Jan-15
Thanks guys that give me something to bite into....knew I could count on Bowsite ;)

14-Jan-15

Ed's Link
My buddy owns Finishline Studios and he does great work. He studied art so he will understand what you are looking for. He did a site for my brothers machine shop. He is working on a custom mapping site for me and it looks fantastic and is very functional. He is a bowhunter too! Give him a call his rates are probably a lot better than what you have been quoted, and he'll host it for you too. His name is Nathan.

The sites he did for us:

http://www.jjmachinellc.com/index.php

https://www.gameplannermaps.com/

• Sitka Gear