Surfbow 15-Jan-15
arctichill 16-Jan-15
concordprof 16-Jan-15
Olink 16-Jan-15
Cliff 16-Jan-15
t-roy 16-Jan-15
Rocking R 18-Jan-15
15-Jan-15
A buddy and I are interested in taking our “once in a lifetime” trip to hunt elk in the western states (Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho, or New Mexico). Due to this probably only occurring once, we have both agreed to do a guided/outfitted hunt. Reading the outfitter reports section on this site, I have narrowed it down (but still exploring other options) to:

Atkinson Expeditions Beaver Trap Outfitters Bow and Arrow Adventures

I would like to hear from people who have hunted with the above mentioned or other outfitters/guides who may not have completed a report. Some of the completed reports are somewhat outdated. Feel free to ask me any questions if I need to supply more information.

Thanks

15-Jan-15
Wes is a great guy, and a very good hunter.

15-Jan-15
Scott at Bow and Arrow Adventures is as good as they come. I've used them twice and will again.

15-Jan-15
Get in touch with Scott and ask about his Montana hunt!

15-Jan-15
Call Vinny @ Montana Hunt & Fish Co. He has different options but his #1 ranch is phenominal and has had 100% bow success for the last several years on that ranch.

15-Jan-15
good info guys....I have decided to start spending some dough on some hunts as well.

15-Jan-15
+1 for Scott at B&A. Could not be more confident. Gary

15-Jan-15
Nobody goes elk hunting just once :). Enjoy!

15-Jan-15
Thanks for the feedback. I've noticed that Scott has a number of different operations in different states (with different prices). Has anyone done the co hunt?

We could possibly go back in the future for a diy, so we are planning on using this one as a learning experience as well.

15-Jan-15
Holy crap, $7000 for a 5-6 day archery hunt , I'd be one & done to. I can go on a lot of hunts on my own for that kind of dough.

15-Jan-15
See your pm!

15-Jan-15
How do I check personal messages?

15-Jan-15
I'd suggest Winterhawk Outfitters

There is no way you'll be a "once-in-a-lifetime" elk hunter though, it's like eating potato chips, can't eat just one!

16-Jan-15
"Holy crap, $7000 for a 5-6 day archery hunt , I'd be one & done to. I can go on a lot of hunts on my own for that kind of dough."

The OP already indicated that the price might be for the "learning experience". $7000 might not be too bad a deal to learn the basics of elk hunting if the initial investment provides enough education for multiple hunts?

Outfitting is a tough business!

16-Jan-15
$7000 is a little much for me personally. We are hoping to stay under $5000. Also, thanks to everyone who has sent me a PM with information.

16-Jan-15
Scott at B&A Adventures will have several options for you and he will do everything he can to set you up with a hunt that meets your budget and expectations.

16-Jan-15
Check out Rough Country outfitters in Wyoming. They Know how to Bow hunt elk. Tag is a gen tag so with a few pp you can be almost 100% on the draw for the reg license. As I said Jim Schell and his crew know how to bring in the bulls. Great accommodations,food, ect. Back in 2011 I took a nice 5 point with them. Picture is on this web site under elk photo's Jim has a waiting list so I'd contact him now. Good luck. He is very honest and fair price.

16-Jan-15
concordprof,

A friend of mine & I did a hunt in Colorado a couple of years ago that we booked through Scott with B&A Adventures. It was a discounted cancellation last minute hunt for around $3,000.

See "A Tale of 2 Raghorns"

18-Jan-15
PM Sent

• Sitka Gear