HuntEasy 19-Jan-15
HuntEasy 19-Jan-15
HuntEasy 19-Jan-15
Topgun 30-06 19-Jan-15
HuntEasy 19-Jan-15
cityhunter 19-Jan-15
lanceethan 20-Jan-15
19-Jan-15
Considering one of these two units. My questions are, does either one have better trophy potential than the other? Looks like 41 has wilderness and 40 does not. If I was going to do this DIY, is there quality hunting in 41 outside the wilderness as I am a non res. Access - any comments on quality of hunt one versus the other? Pm's are great. Much appreciated amigos!

19-Jan-15
I am assuming we all are on the same page with the State in question being WY - only one I know that refers to type 9 tags.

19-Jan-15
Is there a compelling reason to hunt the wilderness in 41?

19-Jan-15
41 has plenty of big bulls outside the wilderness and is probably the better of the two for a type 9 tag, especially if you go the first half of September. The plus side for 40 is that the Type 1 tags can't bow hunt, while those with the Type 1 tag in 41 can buy the archery permit for $30 to hunt the last half of September and it can get busy. If you have enough PPs, I would try to draw the 41-9 tag and take the entire first two weeks of September to hunt it and you'll be a happy camper! I'll be right south of there in 45 those first two weeks helping a friend that will draw the 45-9 tag with his 8PPs and am really looking forward to it.

19-Jan-15
TopGun - thanks for the advice. I think that's a good idea with 41.

19-Jan-15
need to think outside the box plenty of good bulls can be found without max points just leg work !!

20-Jan-15
Not to hijack this thread at all but I do have a question I want to go out to Wyoming on an affordable cow elk type 6 hunt is 40 any good?

• Sitka Gear