pop-r 09-Feb-15
wyobullshooter 09-Feb-15
Junior 09-Feb-15
pav 09-Feb-15
pav 09-Feb-15
29-Jan-15
What units did u apply 4 .best of luck

29-Jan-15
General- How about you? Good luck to you.

29-Jan-15
Points only this year.

29-Jan-15
Points only this year.

29-Jan-15
General. With WY being the talk of the town on Bowsite, I imagine 1-pointers like me will be in the vicinity of 50%-60% odds unfortunately. I hope I'm wrong. I don't want to, but I may end up having to move on.

29-Jan-15
Don't buy too many points boys, WYO has some bombers on public land in General units ;)

29-Jan-15
Points this year for me too. I'll follow you around next year though Will.

29-Jan-15
unit 7

29-Jan-15
I decided on points only again this year.

29-Jan-15
Only one point for elk.. and I'm debating on whether to burn my Colorado pronghorn points and drive out and do a diy hunt for them. I know I only got a few day left.. So what should I do?? Ed

29-Jan-15
Another point for me

29-Jan-15
App friend has max points he dosent like hard hunts or big brown bears unit 7 is a easy hunt no Grizz easy country lots of good bulls come from this unit !

29-Jan-15
Any "grizz" unit is fine by me:)

29-Jan-15
Point for me this year. That will put me up to 4.

29-Jan-15
Got just the place for you Charlie!:)

29-Jan-15
A type 9 tag somewhere. Ready to burn a few years worth of points

Bake

29-Jan-15
Hello Blaine ! best of luck

29-Jan-15
Lou Wow unit 7! Thats a tough draw.

29-Jan-15
Swing for the fence first choice, GEN second choice, special draw.

29-Jan-15
I threw a hail mary on first choice only.

I am elk hunting this year, I just don't know if it will be plan A, B or C.

29-Jan-15
I wish I had an "app friend" with max points. No such luck, so I applied for a general tag. With 2 points I'm hoping I'll be elk hunting Wyoming this September!

29-Jan-15
General tag for me. My plan is to hike is about 5-7 miles and shoot the first cow I see. :)

29-Jan-15
Maybe I will draw the BOW tag and I will be needing pointers on what unit and where;-)

29-Jan-15
Points for me.

29-Jan-15
Haven't applied yet... I have 5 pts (I feel like I am in no-mans land) and am deciding on a couple long shot units. If anyone has a great suggestion... you could PM me fast! haha

29-Jan-15
Points here

29-Jan-15
Fulldraw,, there's no way you can get that tag.. I bough the winner a few days ago.. Sorry bud! "BUT" you can come pack for me... :) >>>>-----<

29-Jan-15
Gen tag...again...crossing my fingers

29-Jan-15
Ditto midwest

"Swing for the fence first choice, GEN second choice, special draw."

29-Jan-15
Points in July, right??

29-Jan-15
I haven't applied to any state yet. Still doing unit roulette.

29-Jan-15
I forced some guys to buy points years ago the smartest thing i ever did !!!!

29-Jan-15
Teeton....sorry brother but I bought the winning ticket a few weeks back but you and Fulldraw can come pack for me :) Ha ha....

29-Jan-15
Same as some above. Long shot first, general second.

29-Jan-15
points for me.Alaska is getting my time/money again this year.Maybe 2 trips to Ak if I find a deer hunting buddy for early August

29-Jan-15
38-9 7

Low odds with low points. But sometimes lightning strikes! Come on, lucky number!

29-Jan-15
General Tag with 1 point. It will take a little bit of luck.

29-Jan-15
Yes Charlie, points in July.

29-Jan-15
Gen tag for me. Saving my WY points (5 after this year hopefully) Dave

29-Jan-15
When will WY post the draw results for elk?

30-Jan-15
Another Type 9 tag somewhere application....with no 2nd choice.

Last year's results were posted on Monday, February 24th

30-Jan-15
points again with max like everyone else?

30-Jan-15
How are you guys intending on drawing a general & keeping u our points. 2nd choice won't get u a general from my understanding.

30-Jan-15
How are you guys intending on drawing a general & keepin your points. 2nd choice won't get u a general from my understanding.

30-Jan-15
Special draw first choice hard to draw unit, second choice general. No guarantees but that is how you do it.

30-Jan-15
2nd choice special price will get you a general. Wapitibob would be happy to explain it. Ha ha!

30-Jan-15
I paid the special fee it got me a tag one year well worth it .

30-Jan-15
63-1 General 2nd Special draw.

30-Jan-15
I talked to Wyoming game and Fish this morning, the lady told me that they have been overwhelmed with special general second choices so far..... I asked what, in their opinion, would be better odds: a one point, first choice regular general app, or a second choice special general app. Their response was that in years past it would be an easy choice (special gen) but this year it should be about the same odds, maybe a little lower for the special due to the high demand. Just something to consider.

Keven

30-Jan-15
Great, Bowsiters tanked my odds.

30-Jan-15
"Great, Bowsiters tanked my odds."

I think you tanked your odds yourself Bob by telling everyone on a bunch of sites that it's been a 100% draw! Maybe BullSac is pulling everyone's chain so he can draw it though, LOL!

30-Jan-15
30-06, I wish. I am going to WY to antelope hunt with some buddies anyway, so I really wanted to make sure that my elk tag was a lock. So, 1st choice special general for me (had one point) . Hurts to do it, but a (probably) one day antelope hunt was not worth the 3k mile drive.

Keven

30-Jan-15
Oh, and to make it worse, I had already applied for a reg draw. $19 I lost by withdrawing and going into the special. These elks sure are a pain in my butt....

K

30-Jan-15
TG

Huntin Fool was cheerleading this also, last year.

WB knows the draw process (WYO and AZ and probably others) better than anyone I have ever met. I appreciate him sharing his knowledge about the drawing processes.

30-Jan-15
Man, you guys are gonna make me Change mine too. I want a general tag and put it second on a special app thinking I would be good to go. Maybe I will just have to use my point and put it as my first choice...

More decisions...

--Jim

30-Jan-15
"Their response was that in years past it would be an easy choice (special gen) but this year it should be about the same odds, maybe a little lower for the special due to the high demand. Just something to consider."

I knew it would happen eventually, but not this soon. That's okay, there are plenty of other options if I don't draw. It's great that Wyo's draw results come out so early to give a guy time for a backup plan.

30-Jan-15
I am in for Gen elk 'cheapie fee' 0 points.....

I am going for 9 Gen tags drawn out of 10 years drawing!!

Ever since the Points Started---this year being 10 pts for those that get a point...from the get-go-year...

Good luck, Robb

PS--Lou ~~ you and your max pt. bud are going in at 4.5 pts averaged.... for #7.....if anyone could--- you will brothaaa!!

30-Jan-15
I put in for 24 in the regular draw. I'm planning on trying for a left over tag again.

Going long is always a better option than buying a point.

I understand that forking over the money for a month or two can hurt the pocket book, but I don't understand why people buy points when there's a chance.

30-Jan-15
I'm going to DQ and mulling over my draw choices.

Good luck Robb. Idyll, that would be a good tag.

31-Jan-15
Robb, That's an incredible streak!

Ike, Do you have any points?

31-Jan-15
No 2nd choice general tags were issued in 2014 as to my understanding of the data. Even in the special only 60.04% or so drew on 1st choice with zero points. No chance of drawing a general as a 2nd choice. If I'm wrong please explain.

31-Jan-15
I'm in

Type 4 Cow tag, 1st choice with 8 points. I should be a lock.

31-Jan-15
No 2nd choice general tags were issued in 2014 as to my understanding of the data. Even in the special only 60.04% or so drew on 1st choice with zero points. No chance of drawing a general as a 2nd choice. If I'm wrong please explain.

31-Jan-15

31-Jan-15
Good choice, Bob....I knew you'd make good use of those points!

31-Jan-15
Pop's, don't take it personally but It's easily found.

31-Jan-15
Midwest, I sure hope so.

It was a "Blue Chip" unit, and if I "scout hard", realize "private land is best", a "300# Cow is possible".

31-Jan-15
Sounds like you've done your research....good luck! lol

31-Jan-15
4 points general special first choice! Should give me a chance at a tag:)

Lou, you know where. If you hit gold and draw let me know I may be able to help/

Good luck boys.

31-Jan-15
Great Wapitibob, now everyone knows!!!

31-Jan-15
midwest, just one. I'm just trying to win the lottery. Better to go long than to just buy a point in July.

31-Jan-15
fixed it for you

31-Jan-15
Huntin' Fool had an article stating there would not be any General tags available in the 2nd choice draw this year. Too many people paying the big money (1st choice). Of course it depends on how many people actually apply this year in the special, but from looking at the draw odds it appears they are right. More and more people paying the higher fee each year. The days of getting points and still being able to hunt a general unit seem to be over.

01-Feb-15
Buying my 5th elk point and 6th for pronghorn and deer again. Changes. But I cannot wait till I can draw my new choices.

01-Feb-15
Huntin' Fool said there wasn't any Gen tags drawn as 2nd choice last year. They were not even close to correct. Like Bob said, do a search.

But I agree, Llamapacker....those days may be over soon.

01-Feb-15
wow guys still falling for that hunting fool talk!

01-Feb-15
There's are reason I dropped by subscription a few years back, and it ain't the $100.00

02-Feb-15
good luck to all

02-Feb-15
last call!!!

02-Feb-15
Ike--I put in for just points because I am out of vacation time to ek hunt this year. Coues, Osceola, Manitoba Bears, and Alaska Moose have got it all burned up. Drawing an elk tag I would have no time to use would not be wise.

02-Feb-15
60/40 Special/Regular split passed Committee with a 2015 date amendment. If passed it will be effective for the 2016 draw.

02-Feb-15
What a crock. Thanks for the info. WB.

02-Feb-15
Everyone of us have to work for the most part.

I only work 6 months a year and can easily spend 2-3 months a year hunting, but with all that, it's still impossible to apply for only tags for when I'm off if you apply in multiple states for multiple species.

My answer is to go long, apply for dream tags, tags you have little chance of drawing, but if you did, would be the hunt of a lifetime. If you draw, then your other hunts start to look less important. If you draw, you can figure out how to make it work with work.

You can change your work schedule. You cant change your tags.

I know I'm not the only one to apply for way more tags than I could possibly hunt in a given year. The assumption is that you won't draw them all.

If you apply in Nevada for 15 yrs for just points, then think you're going to draw a tag, you may have had the tag in year 6 and then never again.

I say go long and when you have a dream tag and need to work it out, you've got a good problem to have.

Although I understand trying to plan your hunt in WY since it's a PP system, I still wonder why you'd not go for a unit you'd have a hard time drawing even with max points.

02-Feb-15
I went with 32 as my first choice looking for the 2% random draw odds, with the special general as my second choice. If I draw the SG I am looking at a hunt in the bighorns(never been there open to any and all advice) or a grizz unit. I hunted a wolf/grizz unit last year and didn't see an elk. I did see wolves and heard plenty more. The small area I had to hunt that wasn't wilderness was nearly devoid of elk. Talking with the forest service crew and local ranchers, apparently the wolves had pushed the elk down to private.

03-Feb-15
My answer is to go long, apply for dream tags, tags you have little chance of drawing, but if you did, would be the hunt of a lifetime. If you draw, then your other hunts start to look less important. If you draw, you can figure out how to make it work with work.

You can change your work schedule. You cant change your tags.

I know I'm not the only one to apply for way more tags than I could possibly hunt in a given year. The assumption is that you won't draw them all.

If you apply in Nevada for 15 yrs for just points, then think you're going to draw a tag, you may have had the tag in year 6 and then never again.

I say go long and when you have a dream tag and need to work it out, you've got a good problem to have.

I go with this same strategy. Luckily, I am self employed and work plenty of extra time to finance my hunting. On the other hand, I know that others with "regular jobs" don't have that option.

I spent my points in Wyoming last year, but I still applied for my favorite area even though it will take 6 to 7 points to draw. Hoping for success in the random draw. If not, maybe a leftover archery tag or another state.

03-Feb-15
BoonROTO, unless you pick up a leftover it's VERY unlikely you'll bhunting WY this year. & it will prolly b a cow tag if u get one of them.

03-Feb-15
Yeah, thats the word on the street, we will see how it plays out.

03-Feb-15
Don't believe everything you hear.

03-Feb-15
Unless they printed false info it's not a rumor at all.

04-Feb-15
pop-r, you'd be wise to listen to WapitiBob.

04-Feb-15
Printed false info.? I didn't know the draw results were out already. Where can I find them? Btw, there is a reason they call Huntin Fool what they do.

04-Feb-15
pop-r....it's not false info...it's just not COMPLETE info.

See if you can find anyone who put in for 2nd choice Gen tag in the special last year and didn't get a tag. I'm pretty sure mine wasn't just a fluke.

04-Feb-15
twp years ago I drew a special general as a third choice.

04-Feb-15
Man Midwest ur killing me. Incomplete huh?! That's ticking me off!! That's misleading. Or one has to think it is. Uuuuugghh!!

05-Feb-15
2012 and 2013 I applied in a party of 6, none of us had points and drew gen tags, 14 came with no luck for Wy but got a point...went to Mt instead Hoping to get drawn for a gen this year with a party of 4 using my point??? got my fingers crossed

07-Feb-15
When did they post results last year? Getting anxious. Went on a "loaded pack frame hike" this afternoon just to remind my legs what to expect come September.

08-Feb-15
Last year was on the 24th.

08-Feb-15
I have max points for deer and elk and will continue to buy points until fall 2017 when my youngest son is out of school and no more HS football games to watch.

If anyone else is in the same boat and would like to start planning a hunt together feel free to PM me. Like I said, I plan on hunting in fall 2017. I will most likely be solo and would like to share a camp with other bowsiters. I live in the Phoenix area.

Good luck to all those that apply.

08-Feb-15
Knothead i wont have max points in 2017 but i would apply with you ? :>

08-Feb-15
What Cityhunter said!

DJ

08-Feb-15
I have been called a Knothead. I suspect we are long lost relatives. I suggest we get reunite on a 2017 elk hunt in WYO! LOL!

08-Feb-15
That will teach you Knothead!

08-Feb-15
Yep what city hunter said:-)

08-Feb-15
Must be why my dad called me knothead as a kid all the time? I guess some habits are hard to break and some names are justifiable.

I wasn't looking for someone to apply with unless they had same amount of points as me. If you have some magic spot, access to private land or sweet honey hole I would probably listen to what you had to say. I certainly don't need someone to hold my hand as I have been bowhunting for 37 years.

Rather than camping alone I would rather share a camp with someone else. I prefer to hunt solo. It I am looking for a unit with lots of elk, moderate terrain and the opportunity to possibly get a nice bull. I'm mostly looking for a great experience more than anything. Never too early to start planning.

Dang..........This is kind of like eHarmony for hunters.

08-Feb-15
Knothead- You would live up to your name if you took me seriously! Point wise, I would only drag you down. But I whip up a mean MH Sweet and Sour Pork!

Good luck and keep us informed when you draw a primo unit!

08-Feb-15
Knothead, how about this? Cityhunter and I put in with you, with him and I combined we are closer to max points. Lol Good luck on your search.

DJ

09-Feb-15
SS max points are overrated in Wy not needed to have a good elk hunt !

09-Feb-15
Another Special with General 2nd choice here. 38-9 1st choice. Not sure where we will go if drawn for special. Looking at the southern units along the CO border.

09-Feb-15
U ain't gonna draw a special 2nd choice. Geez

09-Feb-15
pop-r just cause you don't fully understand the 2nd choice special general tag, doesn't mean the rest of us don't.

09-Feb-15
I would bet there will b no general tags issued this year for 2nd choice to non residents.

09-Feb-15
But yes sir you are correct if so because my interpretation of the data is different. I know you hear this & you hear that. Im leery of what I hear. If I'm wrong I'm wrong but I could build a very solid case that the data on their website concludes one to believe what I'm stating. We'll see. & if so I'm gonna be wanting the understanding that yall have!

09-Feb-15
Here's another news flash...the earth is round. I suppose you'll argue that fact as well.

09-Feb-15
Just when you think the thread is dead? LOL Never a dull moment.......

09-Feb-15
pop-r: "No 2nd choice general tags were issued in 2014 as to my understanding of the data."

midwest: "See if you can find anyone who put in for 2nd choice Gen tag in the special last year and didn't get a tag. I'm pretty sure mine wasn't just a fluke."

Who knows what will happen in 2015, but it is quite obvious NR's did indeed draw general elk tags in the 2014 special draw as 2nd choice. Midwest told you he did.

09-Feb-15
You don't tug on Superman's cape.

You don't spit in the wind.

You don't pull the mask off the the ole Lone Ranger.

...and you don't argue NR draw odds with WapitiBob!

• Sitka Gear