sticksender 31-Jan-15
midwest 31-Jan-15
IdyllwildArcher 31-Jan-15
chasin bugles 01-Feb-15
Mauifire 01-Feb-15
mixed bag 01-Feb-15
midwest 01-Feb-15
31-Jan-15
I remember reading something about being able to apply for bonus points in Utah during two consecutive years using one year's license. Anyone recall something like this?

The reason for asking is because I just did my Arizona app, and it let me apply without buying the license. I'm thinking my AZ application will not be good when my 2014 license expires next week?

31-Jan-15
Yes it works in Utah, since they require only that your license be valid at the time of application.

In Arizona, your license will have to be valid on Feb 10th, otherwise your app will be rejected.

31-Jan-15
You are correct on both counts. I think there may be a bunch of pissed off people that applied for an AZ point like you and I just did today and weren't prompted to buy a license because their old one hadn't expired yet but will before the end of the application deadline.

There was notice of this requirement during the app process but I wasn't even given the option to buy a new license when applying for my point. I guess because my license was still valid for another day. I had to start a new application to purchase the license.

31-Jan-15
Mauifire, here's how you do it in Utah: Year 1, buy your license at the end of the app period and apply. Year 2, apply with last year's license at the beginning of the app period. If you draw in year 2, you'll have to buy another license to hunt, but if you don't draw, you can use a license for two years of applying.

This isn't going to work out so well in AZ unless you do it on exactly the right day and don't plan on applying for sheep in year 2.

I agree with midwest that a ton of people are going to get screwed because you're not prompted to buy a new license. You have to manually buy a license and then start the app process.

They also still haven't fixed the tag selection process to make it harder to select a cow tag. I caught myself again with a cow tag that I didn't want as my 4th choice right before I hit the submit button. This happens to people every year.

01-Feb-15
Yep, fact in Utah, gonna bite ya in AZ

01-Feb-15
Thanks gang.

01-Feb-15
How much are the app fees and points for Utah?Wasn't going to do both Az and Ut but if I can get 2 yrs of points on one license that may be worthwhile.At least in Utah

01-Feb-15
Utah license fee is $65 and points are $10 per species.

• Sitka Gear