Carnage2011 10-Feb-15
mixed bag 11-Feb-15
hunt'n addict 11-Feb-15
Buyse 11-Feb-15
spike buck 11-Feb-15
deerslayer 11-Feb-15
Sage Buffalo 11-Feb-15
10-Feb-15
Hi. Im from Ontario, Canada. Im looking at an elk hunt in Montana for 2016. I have found 2 outfitters in $3700 range fully guided. Is that a good price? Both offer rifle and archery. Is archery season or rifle season the better time to go? If someone has been and done I'd like some input.

10-Feb-15
Everyone here will tell you that the archery season is definitely the best.

I'm obligated by my buddies in MT to suggest that you hunt AZ. Or take up golf instead. ;>)

I hope you have a great hunt, brother. Enjoy every moment. I hope you kill a beauty.

10-Feb-15
Bearguide, a lot of factors enter in. That $3700 could be money well spent or wasted cash dependent on a lot of factors. I'd start with the Outfitter reports here on Bowsite to get a good feel for some outfitters with good reviews. If you want to hear elk bugling and see a lot of elk, archery season is the best. Honestly though, more elk get killed with a rifle. You need to decide what will make a better hunt for you. Seeing and hearing more elk with less of a chance to kill, or seeing one bull on your trip and killing it at 300 yards? If you only want to go on one elk hunt and kill a bull, go with a rifle. I you want to learn to elk hunt and plan on hunting more later on, go with the bow. You will definitely learn more about elk when bow hunting.

10-Feb-15
Has anyone ever hunted with broken arrow lodge out of alder, montana or bullseye outfitters put of montana?

10-Feb-15
I live near alder, I would stay far away from broken arrow. If you are interested in hunting that area look at upper canyon outfitters. If u have any questions about either of these two feel free to pm me.

10-Feb-15
That's interesting Carnage2011. I took my first elk hunt with Broken Arrow before I ever moved to Montana and they are one of the few outfitters I personally know that I'd recommend. Maybe things have changed???

10-Feb-15
Gerald I won't badmouth anyone online but I will share more through a pm if you would like.

11-Feb-15
For that money, you could do 2 diy trips for elk in Mt.I'd recommend bowhunting as they give up their locations by talking too much.The rest is up to you,but elk hunting isn't that difficult not to try on your own Now if your paying that much and on private land then your odds at success may be worth the money.A hunt with Montana hunt and fish company is one outfit worth the money,imo.I feel on public ground I have just as good a shot at the elk as an outfitter does for half their costs

11-Feb-15
A friend of mine hunted with Bullseye in the late 90's and early 2000's. Had some great elk hunts with a bow. Based on his past success personally I would not hesitate to go with them, but then again that was over 10 years ago. You should check some reference that have hunted with them in the past few years.

11-Feb-15
I have never gone through an outfitter but I know Cottonwood outfitters have had some awesome luck with trophy bulls. I have heard good things about them. You can check out their website. Luck!

11-Feb-15
Saxon, the process of getting your paper work for getting your gun over the border will take about 6 months.

Easier with bow.

11-Feb-15
I hear Wyoming and Idaho are great places to hunt elk

11-Feb-15
Not sure of your price range but Vinny Delgado @ Montana Hunt & Fish Co offers a range of hunts - his premium hunt is amazing. Some in here have gone with him (as have I with rifle). They have been 100% for both archery and rifle the last few years (premium ranch).

• Sitka Gear