Mach Schnell 17-Feb-15
JamesV 19-Feb-15
bowriter 19-Feb-15
Two Feathers 19-Feb-15
kellyharris 19-Feb-15
Drahthaar 20-Feb-15
Boddy1 20-Feb-15
16-Feb-15
Besides CO's ML season overlapping the Archery season, I know there's at least one state that you can use archery tackle while holding a ML tag, but I can never remember and I'm not super motivated to go through 8 DFG websites to find the info.

Anyone know them all?

16-Feb-15
Oklahoma you can I believe. Or just buy an archery lisc ;)

--Jim

16-Feb-15
In Virginia, it is legal to bowhunt during muzzleloader season.

16-Feb-15
You can bow hunt during the early & late ML here in Iowa. You can also get a late ML tag & use it as an archery tag with certain stipulations.

16-Feb-15
I think you're talking elk right??

Not 100%, but I'm pretty sure you can in New Mexico. I was reading the ibex regs and you can for ibex

16-Feb-15
Elk or deer. I thought that one of at least NV, NM, or UT you could use archery tackle during ML season, but the midwest and eastern state info is good to know.

16-Feb-15
Ha, sorry. What's the difference between deer and an elk? Not so many of the later in OK.

--Jim

16-Feb-15
In Nebraska and Minnesota not only can you bowhunt during muzzleloader season you can during the firearms (rifle) season.

16-Feb-15
Pa has a one week in-line season in oct that you can archery hunt in. We also have a late season archery/flintlock season that starts the day after Christmas and is usually 2 1/2 to 3 weeks long.

I hunted a unit in northern NM that ran concurrent with muzzleloader. But I'm pretty sure that down in the Gila they have a separate hunt for muzzleloader. At least it was that way 10 years ago, have not had the good fortune of being back to the gila since.

16-Feb-15
You can bowhunt in IL during the 3 day ml

16-Feb-15
In NJ you can bowhunt from Sept. 15th or so right up to this Friday and that includes MZ and shotgun seasons.

17-Feb-15
Kentucky you can bow hunt through 2 muzzleloader weekends, 2 youth weekends, and the 2 1/2 week rifle season. Seems like you have to wear orange every weekend in Oct and Nov

17-Feb-15
Oklahoma's ML season is the last week of October. Our archery season runs Oct. 1-Jan. 15. So, during the ML season you can hunt with either ML, Archery or both. If you take both to the stand, you need to have tags for both weapons. I know this sounds crazy, carrying two different weapons to the stand, but I know lots of guys that do it.

17-Feb-15
Michigan you can bow hunt during muzzload season. They have to wear orange but bowhunters do not.

17-Feb-15
you better wear orange or it is an expensive ticket, ask my friend

17-Feb-15
This past fall was the first season in Virginia where when deer hunting with a Muzzleloader, or deer hunting with a bow during muzzleloader season, you were required to wear orange.

Once you were elevated at least 10 feet, you were no longer required to wear orange during muzzleloader.

However, if you were squirrel hunting, you did not have to wear orange at all, during muzzleloader season.

It made no sense to me at all.

17-Feb-15
Yes in Ohio

17-Feb-15
You can bowhunt during shotgun and ML in MA, just have to wear orange.

17-Feb-15
Although the ML season overlaps in CO you can't use a bow with a ML tag

19-Feb-15
Mississippi

19-Feb-15
Tennessee.

19-Feb-15
Wisconsin!

19-Feb-15
Ohio archery is all inclusive to any other weapon

20-Feb-15
N.C. any weapon. Forrest

20-Feb-15
You can NOT use a bow if you have a ML tag in CO. You can archery hunt while it is ML season. Look at the chart on page 16 in the big game brochure

• Sitka Gear