sticksender 11-Mar-15
pav 12-Mar-15
26-Feb-15
They're out!

Drew Gen tag 2nd choice, special.

Good luck to all!

26-Feb-15
Congrats Nick.

I'm holding out for AZ, NM, and UT elk this year.

26-Feb-15
Second choice General tag in the special as well. Boom.

26-Feb-15
How does one get the distinction of "Official"??

26-Feb-15
Another 2nd choice general tag in the Special here for my buddy and I.

26-Feb-15
It's official--it took 6 points, an extra several hundred bucks for the special tag, and a bit of luck, but I drew area 7 bull elk!!

26-Feb-15
Charlie now posted on Wyoming Game website not just the back door.

26-Feb-15
First choice general here.

26-Feb-15
"How does one get the distinction of "Official"??"

Charlie, once it's posted on the Wyo G&F website.

Yep, my son drew his GEN license in the regular random draw with zero points. Funny, Nick, some said HF guaranteed nobody would draw Special 2nd choice...hmmm. ;-)

26-Feb-15
I know of at least one guy who did not draw the Gen tag 2nd choice in the special....delmag.

26-Feb-15
Am I the only one who DID NOT draw 2nd choice special general? Disappointed to say the least. Good luck to every one who did draw!

26-Feb-15
Patdel- I originally applied that way too. But I knew I have no luck so changed it to first choice. I'm just not a gambler and wanted to hunt WY.

Sorry to hear you missed out.

--Jim

26-Feb-15
Midwest we must have typing at the same time. I'm a little butt hurt about it. :) I guess I'll try again next year.

26-Feb-15
2nd choice Special Gen wasn't 100% this year, for the 1st time ever. I'll have the numbers in a few days but based off last year, it took an addl 200 apps before the 2nd choice became less than 100%. Above that 200 mark they started dipping into the 2nd choice guys.

26-Feb-15
In the past, 2nd choice GEN in the Special Draw, even 3rd on occasion, was pretty much guaranteed. With the amount of talk being shared about how to hunt elk in Wyoming AND accumulate another PP the same year, it was only a matter of time before the demand overtook the supply. It appears that time has come.

26-Feb-15
1st choice LE in the Special draw....SUCCESSFUL!

Elk points back to ZERO.

26-Feb-15
Man o Man, I read your guys reporting of the draw and seems like your talking in "code talk"! Must be a really hard state to apply in? Good luck guys! C

26-Feb-15
No tag for me with 1 point in the regular draw. Come on NM!

26-Feb-15
Dang it I was hoping you, No Wiser, would draw so my chances in nm would go up by .00001!!

26-Feb-15
No tag second choice gen. Looking for luck in nm!

26-Feb-15
It's ok, Rich, I'll be in the outfitter pool this year so it shouldn't affect your odds. I'll still be doing a DIY hunt when I draw :)

26-Feb-15
If you look at the Special Gen draw report there are almost 300 addl 1st choice apps this year. Those guys took a big chunk of the carry over that would normally go to the 2nd choice pool. That's why your 2nd choice odds tanked, it's those darn 1st choicers......

26-Feb-15
Three of us applied. Nobody drew. Regular draw with two of us having 1 point and the other 0. Tags aren't that cheap when you have to have several years of preference points.

26-Feb-15
Really Bummed. Negative on my 2nd choice general special. Thought I could get another year out of it. Feeling like I would trade a mule kick to the throat for an elk tag.

26-Feb-15
Unsuccessful on Bull tag but I will be going again on Reduced price cow.

26-Feb-15
Crazy to see the amount of people that burned high points on the general tag in both the regular and special draw. Guess they are tired of waiting...

26-Feb-15
I was afraid of that chessie.

26-Feb-15
General tag for me. Guys, I tried to get the word in advance about the decreased odds for 2nd choice special. I was hoping I was wrong, but game and fish was very clear about what would most likely happen this year.... Regardless, good luck to everyone this year and safe travels!

26-Feb-15
With all the Legislative action and price increase talk it's no wonder guys went 1st choice Gen this year.

26-Feb-15
Thanks Jim. Good luck to you! I knew I was pushing it. Oh well. Ride her till she bucks ya.

I still have time to try New Mexico and maybe Nevada. I can look into Montana too. And there's always Colorado. I'll make something work.

26-Feb-15
Hey! At least Bill 149 went down on the third reading yesterday in the Legislature and the 60/40 split for NR elk, deer, and antelope tags is staying the way it is and won't be going 40/60 like the WYOGA was pushing for!

26-Feb-15
I went for broke, hit the lotto and pulled a random special which sacraficed my 1 point. Better than the bundle of points I used two years ago on the same unit.

Better to be lucky I guess!

Good Luck to those who drew!

26-Feb-15
Top gun.......Thanks for posting the good news re: Bill 149. I was wondering how that was going to go.........badbull

26-Feb-15
I drew a LE unit. I didn't have enough preference points to draw it, so I guess I got lucky in the random draw.

26-Feb-15
I'm one of the not so lucky general 2nd choice guys!

27-Feb-15
Holy cow. I drew area 7 with 6 points in the special draw. I figured that I had pulled my tag out of the PP pool, but nope. I just looked at the numbers and no one with 6 points or less drew in the PP pool which means I drew from the random pool with 4% odds. Talk about lucky! Guess it was meant to be and there is a huge bull out there waiting for me to put my lucky tag on this fall!!

28-Feb-15
Three of us drew unit 61.Oregon boys are going to Wyoming!!!!!

10-Mar-15
Got the numbers, Special Gen odds as a 2nd choice were 51%

10-Mar-15
wow....what a turnaround in one year!

...all Bob's fault! lol

Do you know what the difference from last year to this year in 1st choice GEN special apps were?

10-Mar-15
Drew the gen tag. Crazy that the guys spending $1100 on an elk tag....and only 51% drew- some demand there, Eh?

10-Mar-15
There were almost 300 more 1st choice Gen apps this year than last. That's where the 2nd choice odds went....

2nd choice and 3rd choice apps were basically the same as last year. The Special draw odds report shows the number of applicants. What they don't show is the "in fill" tags.

10-Mar-15
Happen to know what the standard 1st choice GEN odds were (1 point)?

10-Mar-15
Odds report shows 40%.

10-Mar-15
That's consistent.

In 2019, 1 point could very well not give you a chance at a General tag in the PP round of the regular draw.

There's a scenario where the 2nd choice Gen tag in the special draw no longer has any possibility and people start putting in for it more as a 1st choice which could actually increase odds in the random round of high end units, albeit, most likely a very marginal increase. This could happen next year. The change to 1st choice could then in turn take more people out of the PP race as they'd be spending points on the Gen tag instead of drawing it as a 2nd choice and could end up stalling or slowing point creep in the special draw after initially excelerating it. It's actually possible that, if enough people get wind of this year's change, that a bunch of people who are used to hunting the General tag every year, dump their points to draw it next year as a first choice instead of continuing to chase a high end unit and giving up on the General tag. This could possibly cause the special draw to have a jump in point creep next year whereas some people with zero points don't draw, only 2 yrs after 100% of people drawing it as a 2nd choice, irrespective of how many points they had.

11-Mar-15
Sorry guys, I could've looked that up myself. I thought maybe you had gotten info. from somewhere else. Anyway, essentially a 40% decrease in available tags at the 1-point level in the span of a year due to people burning higher amounts of points on the GEN. Insane.

11-Mar-15
You can blame the application services, not WapitiBob. They published erroneous guidance which stated "no one drew a Special Gen tag as 2nd choice in 2014, therefore if you want a Gen tag, you must apply first choice". That'll do it.

12-Mar-15
sticksender - "You can blame the application services, not WapitiBob. They published erroneous guidance which stated "no one drew a Special Gen tag as 2nd choice in 2014, therefore if you want a Gen tag, you must apply first choice". That'll do it."

+1

• Sitka Gear