TD 03-Mar-15
Fuzzy 04-Mar-15
Jaquomo 04-Mar-15
Bou'bound 04-Mar-15
Bullhound 04-Mar-15
Fuzzy 04-Mar-15
01-Mar-15

Vernon Edeler's Link
A friend of mine sent this to me thinking it was great. I thought I would share here on BS for the critics. Hunting shows and farm hunting are great...... Not! Enjoy;)

01-Mar-15
ONLY good thing I can say is at least he was excited to eat some meat. Not my type of hunt but to each his own.

I probably would throw spears at a target though. Looks fun. Neighbors might thing I've gone nuts though.

01-Mar-15
illinois has elk !!!!

01-Mar-15
Wow. This ought to be good.

01-Mar-15
Pretty sad. Sometimes when I run across such situations, I really try to ask myself, am I jealous and would take part if given the chance. And in this situation, I would have to say no, I would not participate in this,,, whatever you want to call it.

I believe the whole high fence thing has been rehashed pretty hard here, and on other hunting sites, and I am not really condemning high fence stuff, BUT, I do firmly believe that some game, on some properties can be hunted behind high fence, while others, not so much.

I would like to see this guy do this on a truly wild elk.

01-Mar-15
I like relentless pursuit. Tim wells is one hell of a bow shot.

01-Mar-15
I hunted hard for 23 days DIY hunting elk here in Colorado. Saw 7 different bulls which resulted in two close encounters but without a shot.

If I would have known this "hunt" was available I could have save a lot of time and effort.

Wait, did I not hear the farmer's wife ringing the breakfast bell or was that not the truck bring out more bait?

My opinion from someone who has bow hunted elk for the past 24 years on public land in Colorado; very sad indeed that this might represent elk hunting in its finest and actually was produced and shown on a "hunting" show. Hollywood for sure.

My best, Paul

01-Mar-15
Some people are cluless. Friend of a friend said his wife bought him a fully guided elk hunt... in Pa! He asked did you draw a license they are hard to get in Pennsylvania? He said no she bought it I guess. He said you know... you are hunting a game farm. The guys said no my wife said they are wild elk and it's a tough hunt but guaranteed. sheesh

01-Mar-15
Lame.............

01-Mar-15
tis not important how he killed it what matters most is how he honored it after death.

01-Mar-15
And that he honored the Native Americans who hunted elk with spears.

01-Mar-15
And that he honored all the Spear Makers of North America

01-Mar-15
And that his sponsors were happy ! Yes, he is a helluva bow shooter.....and spear chunker.

01-Mar-15
Well, I was thinking that was going to be worse than it was. I knew Jared Allen likes to hunt, and he's one heck of a football player too (even though he's on the Bears now). Like he said-"Why go buy it when you can hunt it?" At least he acknowledged it was on a high fence farm, that's more than a lot of 'celebrity hunters' seem to do these days ...

02-Mar-15
I always liked Relentless Pursuit but I am not interested in spears. He hardly even picks up his bow now so I rarely watch. I thinks spear hunting is goofy but to each his own.

02-Mar-15
No respect for game farms and their supporters from me.

02-Mar-15
Bou

He honored it...but did he RESPECT it......?

02-Mar-15
Why tradMt. just curious why you feel that way. Also I'm with bow freak. Whatv Happened to all the archery on RT

02-Mar-15
I say it on here all the time "TO EACH HIS OWN"

I would never hunt a game farm. But the people who do have no affect on my life. So why hate? maybe they will introduce people to hunting who otherwise would never join our ranks.

I will say this though.... it's just grocery shopping. I don't like to see the word hunt or hunter used. Just like some news article that says "Hunter caught poaching" Poachers and law breakers are not hunters. If a person who kills an animal in a high fence is a hunter then so is a person who buys ground meat at a grocery store.

02-Mar-15
I somewhat agree with Mulepower on his ^^^^ post..

The video has been pulled, as that's what it said when I went to view it..

Now if he was a Native American, would you be think the same???

03-Mar-15
Early2rise- he may be a great shot but just think how many animals he wounds to make the great shots you see on tv. This guy is a clown with a bow and I don't want him hunting within 1000 miles of me.

03-Mar-15
Im ashamed this would even make it on this hunting forum. Please delete the whole thread moderators. Delete this thread because it makes me sick to hear fence and hunting in the same sentence.

03-Mar-15
Video hasn't been pulled....just a warning and you have to click to proceed.

03-Mar-15
So some football player spears an elk. The sky is falling, oh never mind the world has not ended, carry on.

03-Mar-15
Interesting, some states like Nebraska and I believe Missouri has OKed spearing wild deer.

03-Mar-15
Spearing pet elk? Really? This is what some people consider hunting?

03-Mar-15
That some think this is just keen is just one more indicator of how low ethics has sunk within the hunting community at large. Is there ANYTHING that hunters today would consider unethical? If the so-called sportsman wants to spear tame elk and present his "hunt" in a public format like television then he and others should not be surprised if anyone out there criticizes the act.

03-Mar-15
I do not hate anyone but this is simply disgusting

03-Mar-15

Vernon Edeler's Link
The video has not been pulled you just have to sign in on google to prove your age. Youtube considers the video to be graphic. Here is another link where you just click to verify your age.

Come on guys lighten up. This is just some winter entertainment here on the forum. I have seen the long haired snake wrangler(can't remember his name)in a loincloth spearing hogs on tv down in Florida a few years ago so this is not new.

03-Mar-15
I agree with MP. I would NOT partake in such outing.. ever... But I guess it floats his boat so let him be. No different than a farmer letting him on his cattle ranch to pick his beef. It's shopping, NOT HUNTING!

03-Mar-15
guys i just started a new site come on over spearchucker.com :>

I grew up in the BX the word spearchucker was used a lot !!

03-Mar-15
we used to kill our fall hogs with a .22 and a knife so???

03-Mar-15
I'd probably quit hunting before I did a canned hunt. That being said, as mule pointed out why hate? We participate in a blood sport and so does he. It's questionable whether many (any?) of us think it is the same sport, but one man's garbage is another man's gold.

03-Mar-15
He must have been wearing one of them HECS suits!

03-Mar-15
Personally, I am not a fan of high fences. But I do believe that for some animals, and in some situations, a high fence can be had that is as close to fair as a wild hunt can be, with the only exception being that you are pretty much guaranteed an animal.

The biggest problem I have is, elk are not on my list of game that can be reasonably hunted inside an enclosure. Hogs and deer in the wild spend most of their lives on a bit more than a square mile. The only thing that will skew this is if they are pushed heavily, or the rut, so a hunt for deer or hogs, or even exotics behind a fence that holds at least a section, or square mile of thick cover, is palatable. Again, not my cup of tea, but much easier to take. Another strike against an elk hunt behind a high fence is, from what I understand, most hogs and deer - most, but obviously not all - are either caught in the wild, then put in an enclosure, or in the case of a large percentage of deer, they are allowed to breed and grow inside the fence, without any, or very little human contact. But elk behind a fence, from what I understand, are pretty much hand raised, kind of like cattle, and are about as fearful as cattle, so it would kind of like hunting for beef.

03-Mar-15
the elk looked like they forgot to feed for a couple days. I don't know why but seeing elk on a game farm is bothersome to me.

what is legal and considered ethical in one place as compared to another, can vary to a great degree.

03-Mar-15
I think that's pretty cool!

03-Mar-15
"I do not hate anyone but this is simply disgusting"

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on the subject.

03-Mar-15
I'm guessing if a person wanted to kill an elk with a spear high fence is the only place you can legally do it.

Never seen any spear regs in any of the western states.

Spear only or go home....

04-Mar-15
ToddT, all good points, but I like beef too ;)

04-Mar-15
How come nobody is complaining about people who essentially walk up to fenced, tame buffalo and shoot them with a bow? Not much difference. I've seen hero shots of those kills on here and everybody congratulates them for it.

Is it because they used a bow instead of a spear?

04-Mar-15
I can see it clearly now.......Spearsite.com..........."The Nations's Leading Spearhunting Website"

there is money to be made here boyz

04-Mar-15
Jaquomo,

good question. I honestly cannot say why I have such an aversion to seeing elk killed in a pen, or high fence. Just something about elk that, in my own simple mind, says they should be treated better than that. I don't get the same feeling so much with Whitetail or buffalo. really makes no sense.

Any way you look at it, this is not hunting. Idaho state law identifies any animal that is killed in ANY enclosure as simply killing your livestock.

04-Mar-15
fenced elk are livestock. I know it goes against the grain, for an elk hunter, but it's true.

• Sitka Gear