Jaquomo 05-Mar-15
IdyllwildArcher 05-Mar-15
Mule Power 05-Mar-15
midwest 05-Mar-15
Well-Strung 06-Mar-15
Well-Strung 06-Mar-15
Rocky D 06-Mar-15
04-Mar-15
I cannot believe the information you are given on the site about elk hunting, or any other hunting, one could take this info and write a book, and I must say, better than most of them, not all but, most. You have guys like Cnelk, Mule Power, Wyobullshooter, Jaquomo, Idyullwild archer, Elk DIY, WV mountaineer, Elkhunter, City hunter, Big Dan, Ermine,GilWy,Midwest, Well Strung, Shug, and so many more. Many thanks for all your guys input, you are fully appreciate, FOR SURE. PA-R

04-Mar-15
I cannot believe the information you are given on the site about elk hunting, or any other hunting, one could take this info and write a book, and I must say, better than most of them, not all but, most. You have guys like Cnelk, Mule Power, Wyobullshooter, Jaquomo, Idyullwild archer, Elk DIY, WV mountaineer, Elkhunter, City hunter, Big Dan, Ermine,GilWy,Midwest, Well Strung, Shug, and so many more. Many thanks for all your guys input, you are fully appreciate, FOR SURE. PA-R

04-Mar-15
Sorry about the dos post!

04-Mar-15
You are mistakenly including me in there. I'm just noisy.

I agree with the rest of your list though. And there's a few you missed.

04-Mar-15

cityhunter's embedded Photo
cityhunter's embedded Photo
Par thanks spend a sept with Big Dan and one will learn elk hunting .

04-Mar-15
Dont forget TBM...

04-Mar-15
If you knew how many mistakes it took to gain my knowledge, not sure I'd have made your list!

But you're right, I don't think its a coincidence that I've killed all my elk since joining bowsite in '97....

04-Mar-15
"You are mistakenly including me in there. I'm just noisy."

ditto...I'm a very passionate elk "hunter" who lives it every day but severely lacking in the killing dept.

I agree, though, with your assessment of this site. So many great elk killers with tons of knowledge to share!

04-Mar-15
It takes a lot of time to get to know all the names/chat handles.

There's a ton of folks on this site that post less or rarely, but contribute a lot.

Your sentiment though, is 100% correct.

05-Mar-15
This place is a wealth of information and I learn stuff every day. I try to share as payback.

Back when I learned to bowhunt elk, there were no videos, TV shows, books, or any other ways to learn besides totally screwing up enough until something accidentally happened.

Hell, we had to sneak into Indian camps at night to steal bows and arrows to use. Elk were still plains animals then, and I remember one hunt getting messed up by some guys building a telegraph line.. :-)

Now you can gain many lifetimes of knowledge just by reading Bowsite threads for a weekend. Amazing.

05-Mar-15
Lou, tell us the one again about when they invented steel broadheads and everyone was like, "that new-fangled steel stuff is destroying everything we hold dear and we will only eat animals killed with stone tips!"

05-Mar-15
Funny to see my name in the list knowing that like anyone else there will be days where I am standing there scratching my head wondering "Now what?"

Every experience is a piece of the puzzle. That's why guys like myself and Lou learn things here as well. The experiences of a beginner are valid piece of the puzzle just like any other. So you guys who feel like you don't have much to contribute please keep it coming. I appreciate the input here as much as anyone else.

Always learning!

05-Mar-15
Spend enough time here and eventually you may end up hunting with some of the guys on here. I will be this spring and hope to meet a couple more this September in Wyo.

06-Mar-15
I've been making every mistake in the book many times over many years. I spend a lot of time following and studying/photographing elk all year. Seeing how they react to different calls/setups. Every experience with them is a learning experience.

I also credit Bowsite for much of my knowledge and being fortunate enough to have people here that share the knowledge. I just try to give back to the well. I've been lucky enough to see dozens of elk shot but am still humbled every time. Some days I feel like a beginner and they always surprise me. I'm addicted to elk and the mountains, I owe my father for that.

Many of those names you listed live close to elk. I've met a few and they are great people. Speaking of humble, other names on that list BB, Elknut, [email protected] others.

06-Mar-15
I never double post. Rats.

06-Mar-15
Absolutely agree, BOWSITE is the best!!!

• Sitka Gear