Charlie Rehor 06-Mar-15
MathewsMan 06-Mar-15
Sam I Am 06-Mar-15
BOWNUT@WORK 06-Mar-15
bill v 06-Mar-15
Ishy Isomer 06-Mar-15
oldgoat 06-Mar-15
05-Mar-15
Back into bow hunting and now where glasses. I have bifocals, am near sighted in one eye and farsighted in the other. Am right handed shooter and thats my farsighted eye. I am having trouble either seeing the pin or the target. Especially when shooting during low light conditions. Am going to be 58 this summer. Shot my first elk last season, a cow with my bow. Anybody have any advice as to what to try or do?

05-Mar-15
Congrats on your elk youngster ! I'm 68 in 7 days and I have been using a Specialty Archery peep with verifier lens for several years. It defuzzes the pins for me. Gonna have cataract surgery next Tuesday and hope to have x-ray vision when that's over with ! ( Crossing my fingers on that ! )

05-Mar-15
Similar situation at age 62. I went with contacts and correct my right eye to see the target clearly. A slightly blurred pin does not hurt me. Got to go with what works for you. I played around wit different power lenses unit I fond he ones that worked.

05-Mar-15
Not sure if this would help, but I went to using very weak reading glasses. I tried 0.25 and 0.5, and settled on 0.25. I was able to see the pins clearly, but the target is just slightly fuzzy, but not enough to be a problem. I use it on open sight rifles and archery pins. Not sure if that would help you as I am not farsighted. The other problem is that you can't buy these glasses OTC. I had to special order them.

05-Mar-15
Tom I had the same issue. I went into Walmart at the time and explained the issue. I ended up getting their Nikon lenes. She explained to me what was going on but I have since forgotten what it was. Tell your optometrist the problem. The new lenses solved the problem.

05-Mar-15
yes sir ....welcome to old geezer days..... I use no lines also and have some improvement with them. However,the farther the target is from you the more fuzzy it becomes. but I would prefer the target be clear and the pins a little fuzzy if my eyesight cant be perfect.

05-Mar-15
Sometimes adding a peep with clarifiry in it works. A Speciality peep housing and you screw the clarifying lense into the housing. You can also try a low power lense in the peep. Just be sure that the edges of the Specaility peep don't have any sharp edges. Seen a few cut bowstrings from these peeps...

06-Mar-15
I struggled with this problem for a couple of years till I met an eye doctor that was an archery. To make this short he had me bring my bow to his office and after the examine he fitted me with contacts. I use a 175 in the left eye and a 200 or 225 ( my shooting eye ) The difference depends on if outside or in doors shooting. This is called mono vision and it works great. The one thing that he said I had to learn to do was shoot with both eyes open. He said that with both eyes open one eye will help the other see more clearly. I would highly recommend this to anyone.

06-Mar-15
I just got glasses 2 months ago. I have not shot my bow outside, but have launched a few in the basement. I have the infinity bifocal lenses. I was really worried, but it seems that at arms length, the pins are visible quite well with the distance portion of the lens. So far, the little shooting I've done, it seems like its not going to be as big of a problem as I had thought.

>>>>----fingers crossed!---->

06-Mar-15
I suffer from this problem also. I still wear my glasses but went to a single pin MBG sight and it really helped. If I am hunting out of a ground blind or a tree stand and have time I take my glasses off when I see an animal approaching. I think with a single pin sight it is best to have the pin fuzzy and the animal clear.

06-Mar-15
Get rid of Red pins. For some reason it's the most blurry color. Green first then perhaps alternate with Yellow.

Got that info from Genesis Our official "Bowsite Eye Doctor". It helps.

06-Mar-15
Have Lasik Surgery, or if you are old enough Caterack surgery with an adjustment...

I had my eyes done in 2000 and have loved it every moment since.

No more fogged up glasses, moisture when it is rainy, snowy...

It is actually probably cheaper in the long run as well.

06-Mar-15
I have gone to single vision glasses for when I am hunting or shooting. Helped a lot. Eyes have not stabilized enough for me to consider surgery.

06-Mar-15
After trying glasses and the Verifier Peep I ended up going with the contact lenses. I have always shot with both eyes open. With the Verifier my left eye would take over so I would have to close it to shoot. Those peeps are hard to clean and scratch real easy. I like the contact lenses better. Its hell getting old.

06-Mar-15
I found for longer shots the pins must be clear. I had glasses made with the right lens for making the pins clear and the left set for a little more distance.

Clear pins equal better groups.

Bill V.

06-Mar-15
You have "anisometropia" - an imbalanced prescription between your eyes... this can cause a whole host of optical issues that are unique to you. My advice is find a great eye doc that will LISTEN to what you are doing - even tho you think you see well out of the farsighted eye, you may have a slight error that is making the mid range vision worse in that eye, especially in low light - I would try contact lenses first to see if the issues can be resolved... if they work, but you don't like wearing them, then a good surgeon can do corrective surgery to mimic what the contacts were doing - most marksmen/archers that are over 55 I've taken care of do great with a crystalens lens implant... Happy Hunting!!

06-Mar-15
I ditched using sights because of that. You might be surprised at how good you can shoot without one

• Sitka Gear