Rockbass 06-Mar-15
MDcrazyman 06-Mar-15
bowbender77 06-Mar-15
bb 06-Mar-15
Bou'bound 07-Mar-15
bb 07-Mar-15
Owl 07-Mar-15
05-Mar-15
Just learned of the unfortunate death of Marvin James in Arizona last week. Sadly to say I also heard Marvin was shot and killed by his wife. I will not say much as the Police Investigation may still be ongoing ?

I hunted with his outfit a couple of times over the years and had again hoped to hunt with him in Arizona or New Mexico this year for Elk. He had some great guides and loved to guide himself. He was always great to talk to on the telephone and will be missed by many.

Rest in Peace Marvin.

05-Mar-15
Bizarre Circumstances for sure

05-Mar-15
Whoa, crazy for sure...

05-Mar-15
I hunted with him in 2004! Very sad indeed! C

05-Mar-15
Never met the man but I had been kind of keeping an eye on his operation and would have liked to have hunted with him if I ever drew the tag I have been trying for in his area. R.I.P.

05-Mar-15
is this the elk guide?

michael

05-Mar-15
Yes amongst other species as well.

05-Mar-15
may marvin rest in peace and the bulls bugle for eternity

05-Mar-15
Actually that's his Girlfriend and she's still in custody...Had their second child in custody...Unfortunate all around!

05-Mar-15
The article is in the flagstaff paper if anyone wants to read. Great guy.... Sad to see that he's gone

05-Mar-15
Sad deal. RIP

05-Mar-15
I hunted with Marvin 3 times. Sadly the fourth will never happen. I liked him. Susan was in camp cooking for us once. She seemed nice but quiet. Sad circumstances indeed. I pray their 2 children will be ok.

06-Mar-15
Very sad.

I went on my first ever paid, guided hunt with Marvin.

06-Mar-15
I hunted Mtn lion with him. He was an incredible guide and person.

06-Mar-15
Sorry...my mistake on his girlfriend. Yes...she was over 8 months pregnant when the shooting occurred and they have a two year old.

Sad all around.

06-Mar-15
It was a huge surprise as my brother has guided for him for years. Very sad state of affairs.

06-Mar-15
Very sad and shocking! Marvin was one of the best and on top of his game. His house is about a mile from mine. There will be a memorial ceremony for him on March 21st at noon, at the Flagstaff Elks Lodge. R.I.P Marvin.

06-Mar-15
It is shocking, I'm still stunned by it and haven't quite digested it yet. I feel really badly having spent a lot of time with Marvin over the years.

I.m deleting the rest of this, I don't feel comfortable posting the details of my relationship here.

07-Mar-15
first tanner sinclair now marvin. this is just not right.

07-Mar-15

07-Mar-15
My condolences Brian. I know you were close to Marvin.

• Sitka Gear