flyingbrass 07-Mar-15
midwest 08-Mar-15
PaWapiti 08-Mar-15
SDHNTR(home) 09-Mar-15
kellyharris 09-Mar-15
ki-ke 09-Mar-15
Alexis Desjardins 10-Mar-15
07-Mar-15
My wife and I want to do one guided pack in horseback hunt. We've done cabin hunts and stayed in our wall tent and hunted from the truck, but I would like to pack in on horses where there are fewer hunters. She is a teacher and can only get a few days off every other year, so we need to plan a hunt and know we have tags. Any recommendations?

07-Mar-15
Castagno Outfitters took me and my cousin. They went 14 for 16 on elk that year. 2 hunters weren't healthy enough to complete the hunt or they would have killed. I killed a nice bull I was happy with for sure. It is a business ran by 3 brothers who are really smart and hard workers. They are in Wyoming. Get ahold of them now because they are usually booked. Get a point this summer from WY and draw it next year. As usual first post nails it.

08-Mar-15
"Get a point this summer from WY and draw it next year."

Maybe....maybe not. Better put in for the special.

08-Mar-15
Packstring Ranch Outfitters. Great camps and stock. It changed ownership last year. The new owner is a dedicated bow hunter. I think he is the primary guide.

I hunted with the previous owner three times and was more than pleased with the area and quantity, quality of the animals. We used his services as a drop camp. Saw no one else in our targeted hunting area. That doesn't mean their will not be others there this year. It was about a 4-5 hour pack in to his deepest camp. this is the one I would recommend.

It is OTC Colorado. No need to worry about a draw tag.

Fying B Ranch out of Kamiah Idaho had a 5 star wilderness horseback hunt. It was pricey but as close to the Ritz Carlton in the Selway as you can get. I hunted with them twice about 10 years ago. I think the elk numbers in this area have declined significantly due to wolves since then.

09-Mar-15
If you could draw a tag, I'd do a pack in hunt into the Gila Wilderness!

09-Mar-15
Yes PM Mule Power here on Bowsite.

He will hook you right up!

09-Mar-15
I had a fantastic pack in trip into an OTC wilderness area in Colorado last year. Great outfitter, awesome horses, scenery, trout fishing, etc, etc.....

PM me if you would like additional info.

Steve

10-Mar-15
Nothing like hunting with horses makes things a lot easier , did it many times.

• Sitka Gear