Huntcell 12-Mar-15
ndbuck09 12-Mar-15
Shoots-Straight 12-Mar-15
JLS 12-Mar-15
DJ 13-Mar-15
12-Mar-15

IdyllwildArcher's Link

12-Mar-15
When you add up the cost of introduction, the cost of legal battles, the cost in lost license revenue and to local economies, the cost of tracking & wolf studies and the cost of killing them, wolves are some expensive critters.

12-Mar-15
Some of the comments on the article are ridiculous. I'm glad we don't have these problems in Colorado and I hope it stays that way.

12-Mar-15
Can't stay that way Colorado has to much wolf habitat to stay empty for to long

Especially with the already heavy influx of tree huggers in to Co

12-Mar-15
I just don't see Colorado handling wolves like Idaho is doing. I think Idaho has a decent strategy against them and Idaho will be on the cutting edge in a couple years....right when they are infiltrating Colorado and that state will be in an uproar about what to do. All the left leaning Front Rangers in CO will never want to control the wolves like Idaho has been doing the past few years. I'm so pumped on having moved to Idaho last August! Now if I could just settle in on an archery elk unit for my brother and i to focus on.

12-Mar-15
Predator control isn't the answer.. It's a band-aid. They need to burn the whole damn place and start over. Logging isn't feasible right now. The wolves will just infill. Next year same o same o.

12-Mar-15
Couldn't agree more Robert. While the wolves certainly aren't helping elk numbers, that herd started crashing in the middle to late 90's.

I guess if 12' tall stands of ceanothus are good elk habitat, then it's an elk paradise. Start some selective cut thinning and start burning in other spots.

13-Mar-15
It's too little too late. That area has been mismanaged for over 25 years. It used to be the gem of the state, for elk hunting. It should have been fix many years ago. How can Zero (0) Calf recruitment be anything but negative for any unit. How can you sell Elk tags for this unit and not be arrested for Fraud, mismanagement and derelict of duty. It all doesn't make any sense that this has been let to fester for as long as it has. and Absolutely NO!!! I will not buy the Lack of habitat Story. Someone must be smoking some of that Colorado Hippy lettuce!

• Sitka Gear