16-Mar-15
Thanks Robb

Your heads up is always appreciated

16-Mar-15

BULELK1's Link
Sad as it may be---

We all need to Buy the 2015 license to apply

See my link above~~~~

Thanks Bill and the very best in the draw to you my friend!

Good luck, Robb

PS--if my guy BillV from Pa draws his D-Ram in Nv. this year---I will be tickled but for hell sakes!!! haha

16-Mar-15
Bill V from PA!!??

16-Mar-15
An old childhood friend that moved to Vegas years back got drawn for the area down there close by. Never elk hunted and got a little 372" bull. Shoulda held out. Good luck to all.

17-Mar-15
Nv. does have some dandy bulls and Rams, that is for sure!

Good luck, Robb

17-Mar-15
dandy bulls but there site is far from dandy

17-Mar-15
It's better than California's

18-Mar-15
What ya looking for Lou?

Good luck, Robb

18-Mar-15
I have a couple questions to see how NV works-

Do you have to buy a hunting license to apply? ($142 NR)

Do you have to pay the full tag fee up front to apply?

thanks

18-Mar-15
Yes And No

05-Apr-15
Got a few questions guys. Nevada has the most confusing site ive looked at yet..

Looks like a first time applicant has to do it by mail? Also what will they accept as proof of hunter education? Looks like if I send $142 plus $10 for a point I'm good to go? I only have to cough up the 1200 if I draw?

Thanks if any one can help.

05-Apr-15
I sent them a PDF file of my Hunter Ed card from Montana. Once they have that, they'll assign you a number. If you have your card, scan it and email it to them.

Yes, you pay the 142 plus 10 for a point. They charge you if you draw.

05-Apr-15
You can fax them your hunter ed the first time. Call them on Monday to arrange it. I think you can email it as well, but I didn't have a scanner when I first apped so I faxed it and was able to do my app soon thereafter. As soon as it gets to them and they enter it, you can do the entire thing online. The hunter ed proof is a one-time deal and then they have it on record.

Your credit card will get hit if and when you draw. It's more like 15 bucks per point as they tack on some predator and depredation charges. If you send a check for 152 bucks, you won't cover the cost. Do it online to avoid it getting screwed up. They do charge you a couple bucks online as a "convenience fee" so it costs 2 or 3 dollars more per species to do it online, but I'd recommend the first time doing it online.

05-Apr-15
10 points for elk and deer, could this be the year????

05-Apr-15
I hate putting in early, because the wait for the results is twice as long. The later I put in the less amount of time I'm a nervous wreck.

07-Apr-15
10 pts on deer should for sure get you a bow buck tag!

I have never gone over 3 pts (non-ressy) for a bow buck tag, I actually drew a 3rd choice muzzy buck tag in my units of choice 2 years ago! go figure Haha

Good luck, Robb

07-Apr-15
Robb, I guess I'm ashamed to admit it here, but I've been applying for late season rifle for deer. Now elk on the other hand, give me an archery tag! Good luck to all regardless of the season you choose to apply for.

08-Apr-15
Oh--okay.....sure those late date rifle hunts can take a guy into the Double Digit Points jinx for sure.

All ya can do is keep applying-----

Good luck, Robb

08-Apr-15
I just put in every year and forget about it. If it happens it happens. About 5 years ago it happened I drew a Desert Bighorn tag after 17 years of trying. Unbelievably my wife also drew that year for the same unit. She had 11 points. So it does happen, just not very often. We both got rams with a rifle, couldn't close the deal with our bows and we weren't going to waste the tags.

• Sitka Gear