PA-R 17-Mar-15
WV Mountaineer 17-Mar-15
coelker 18-Mar-15
Jaquomo 18-Mar-15
SteveB 18-Mar-15
Trophy8 18-Mar-15
greenmountain 19-Mar-15
17-Mar-15
Well tomorrow I am going into have my ACL replaced. Surgery tomorrow at 10 am! I have 12 days off work and then back to work! I will just be happy to be back in the mountains with good knees again! Not being able to cover 8 to 10 miles a day sucks!

17-Mar-15
good luck...

17-Mar-15
Good luck

17-Mar-15
Hang in there----surgery sucks!

Good luck, Robb

17-Mar-15
Good Luck!!

17-Mar-15
Good luck!

17-Mar-15
Hang Tough !! G-Luc

17-Mar-15
Good Luck, I just had my gall bladder out so I'm recuperating also.

17-Mar-15
Good for you getting it done!

17-Mar-15
Good Luck

17-Mar-15
Good luck. On the mend soon

17-Mar-15
Good luck!

17-Mar-15
Had minor knee surgery two weeks ago. Coming along and hope to have no restrictions come turkey season.

17-Mar-15
Good luck! A couple years ago when I had my Achilles tendon reconstructed the first week of August, I went elk hunting the last week of Sept. (followed by a very solid arse chewing by my surgeon) so you are on a much better timeline to be back in the woods than I was.

17-Mar-15
Hope it works out for you good luck.

17-Mar-15
good luck! and get well...

17-Mar-15
Good timing to get it done. My hip was replaced last February and by summer I was good as new.

Do your rehab religiously, even if you're sore and don't feel like it, and you'll be ready to go. ACLs these days are pretty routine.

17-Mar-15
x2 with Jaquomo, rehab is the key for a "more speedy" and complete recovery. Good luck!

DJ

17-Mar-15
Good luck.

17-Mar-15
Good luck to you. I go in a week from today for a total knee. Sure hope I'll be able to hunt this fall.

17-Mar-15
Scoot, better stop or I'll post it up again just to make everybody jealous! I got several offers to perform in adult films after that thread.. :-)

Bill, best of luck with yours too. My friends who've had that done in spring were able to hunt in the fall.

17-Mar-15
In 05, I had mine done I was out 13 weeks. I had a cadavor acl, ligement, tendon, cartilege work done. Almost 40 years of abuse, what do you expect.

17-Mar-15
Best wishes for a quick and complete recovery! No pain, no gain!

17-Mar-15
WW: I had total knee replacement january 8. Prepare mentally and physically for your re-hab. Make no mistake...the 1st couple weeks SUCK!!! BUT...do all the re-hab, with your PT and more at home.

At 8 weeks I was regretting having it done...but now, coming up on 11 weeks, I'm pain free...albeit still working out scar tissue. I've done a couple 2 mile walks, and a few trips to the golf range.

Don't know if I'll be able to use my clmber this fall (probably yes) or be a ground pounder, but I'll be out there.

Can't stress enough how important mental toughness and attitude are...and know it can take up to a year to be 100%. But you'll be good to go in a couple months if you do your part.

17-Mar-15
Good luck!

17-Mar-15

Florida Mike's embedded Photo
Florida Mike's embedded Photo
I had foot surgery Feb 26. Doctor says I'm looking at 8 month recovery. He re-attached the achilles and ground on some bone spurs. Anybody had that done? How long did it take to heal? Mike

17-Mar-15
Mike...my brother in law ruptured his Achilles 'bout 20 years ago. I think it was in late spring to early summer. He also had surgury...I don't recall all his rehab, but he went elk hunting in Wyoming with us in october. He had to take it slow and easy, but did fine. I believe he had about 6 months between the surgury and the hunt.

17-Mar-15
Mucho luck, you will be just fine.

17-Mar-15
I've had three ACL reconstruction surgeries. Twice on the left knee and once on the right. Last time I went under, I had both knees done at the same time. If you are in good physical shape, you'll recover quickly. It will take about 6 months to a year to get the pain out of them but, you'll be fine and be able to go in short order in much less pain than you were in before the surgery. God Bless

18-Mar-15
Thanks for all the well wishes! I am home tonight feeling alright. No spring turkey hunting for me, no shed hunting but hopefull a good fall ahead!

18-Mar-15
Mike, what the hell is that thing in the photo? Looks like an alien head after brain surgery!

Seriously, I wish you a speedy recovery from all that. Assuming we won't see you in Phoenix? Hang in there, buddy!

18-Mar-15
Glad it went well....in the end you'll be glad you did it! Hang tough and follow PT exactly as prescribed!

18-Mar-15
Glad to here surgery went well. Best to you with recovery, the elk will never know!

19-Mar-15
Surgery is a tough decision. I assume you worked to get ready for the surgery. I am betting that if your worked to get ready and work to recover then you will be fine.I am glad the cutting is done. My advice is to push yourself gently.

• Sitka Gear