Brijake 26-Mar-15
huntingbob 26-Mar-15
Jaquomo 27-Mar-15
BC 27-Mar-15
oldgoat 27-Mar-15
Ermine 27-Mar-15
CCOVEY 28-Mar-15
26-Mar-15
Has anyone used these products while getting in shape for Elk hunting? Just saw this stuff and was wondering how it worked?

26-Mar-15
I have not but I have heard good things about there products

26-Mar-15
I use Wilderness Athlete products...like them. Never tried Mountain OPS.

26-Mar-15
So many supplement companies and products out there. The two mentioned are just the ones marketing to hunters. Not sure if it's true but I heard there are only a few actual manufacturers and other companies just re-package with their own label. No supplements have to be approved by the FDA, or any other agency for that matter.

Would be great to see some independent lab studies.

26-Mar-15
I believe the vitamins are pretty good. One of the things from them I have started to use from them. Bob.

27-Mar-15
Marketing is the key. If you compare the ingredients you can generally find off the shelf products that do the same, at much lower prices. Compare EmergenC to the WA powdered mixes, for instance.

Last year a Bowsiter shared a great recipe for on-the-go protein shakes. Take a quart zip lock and add one or two scoops of protein powder, an instant breakfast, powdered milk and a half straw. Remove the straw, add water, shake it up and drink through the straw. Amazing boost for a fraction of the cost of marketed products. I had one every day last season and they were great.

27-Mar-15
Does anyone know of a supplement that would help a flatland breath easier in higher altitudes. My concern is getting winded when hunting in the higher elevations out west(happened to me in Utah). I'm in decent shape but I have Sarcoidosis, which can affect lung capacity. I knew a guy who took blood thinners a few weeks prior to a high altitude hunt but that seems risky to me. Any input would be helpful, thanks.

27-Mar-15
Take an adult aspirin every day, that's one of the things I learned reading about Tred Barta and his spinal stroke, guess blood thickens at altitude, that might help you BC. I used some stuff a couple of years ago that I added to my camelbac, don't remember what it was called but it seemed to work, kind of like am amped up Gatorade mix. I use on a regular basis some electrolyte mix from emergen-c and it's really good stuff, one little package makes a liter of water.

27-Mar-15
Mtn ops has quite the marketing going on. All the "cool kids" are repping with flat brims and shirts.

Must be good stuff!

28-Mar-15
A buddy gave me some to try, the pre work out i tried tasted like poop. I think i would rather eat the butthole out of a porcupine to be honest. Worked like any other prework out IMO.

• Sitka Gear