Elk
Contributors to this thread:
Castle Oak 01-Apr-15
Lost Arra 01-Apr-15
Carnivore 01-Apr-15
Cheesehead Mike 01-Apr-15
NCGRIZ 02-Apr-15
01-Apr-15
Just received a new pair of Lowa GTX mids and I'm thinking about adding a pair of Lathrop insoles. Before I wear these boots and possibly risk making them non-returnable, I was wondering if the insoles will change the fit of the boot? Thanks a bunch for your wisdom.

01-Apr-15
My experience with Lowa and Lathrop Synergy insoles is yes, the fit (volume) of the boot will change compared to the Lowa insole. This is not necessarily bad but it does change.

01-Apr-15

Carnivore's Link
Agreed, inserts will change the fit. I wear Lowa Renegades. Had to try both the green and the orange Superfeet insoles to find the one that didn't crowd my feet (see link).

They're pricey, but I bought two pair so I can rotate them. One airs out in camp while I wear the other, then I swap them the next day (to reduce scent).

01-Apr-15

Cheesehead Mike's Link
I've had very good luck with the Spenco Polysorb insoles in my Lowa Tibets and Renegades. I have the thin models in my Renegades and they don't affect the volume.

I tried the Superfeet green and they are too hard and slippery for my liking.

02-Apr-15
Maybe I'm just naïve, but does anyone know how the Lathrop insoles compare to the various Dr. Scholls insoles? Are they worth the extra $$$?

02-Apr-15
They change the fit of the boot to the better.....you must realize you are going to remove the insert that is already in your boot and replace it with the lathrop. I didn't notice a huge difference in fit on mine.

I rate the synergy foot bed excellent and it makes the 26 titanium screws and two steel plates in my left ankle and lower leg feel MUCH better from hiking around during elk season.

• Sitka Gear