Chip T. 05-Apr-15
ki-ke 05-Apr-15
PREZ 05-Apr-15
Grunt-N-Gobble 05-Apr-15
spike78 06-Apr-15
N-idaho 06-Apr-15
badbull 06-Apr-15
05-Apr-15
Hunting the Rocking R Ranch this fall for maybe the last time to get it done. My record on archery elk is just as bad as Pat's was:) Will be shooting either the standard trick, 2 inch total cut, trocar tip or the Viper, 1 7/8 total cut with a semi COC tip. 460 grain arrow at 255 fps. Kind of leaning towards the Viper with only 1/8 less cutting surface but elk seem to come in a lot directly at the hunter giving a frontal shot only and the COC head might get the job done a bit better. Looking for some opinions from the gang. Happy Easter all.

05-Apr-15
Both of them will do the trick. I would pick one and practice. The viper trick do penetrate a little more I feel like than the standard

05-Apr-15
Both will work fine regardless of shot selection. Choose whichever flys the best.

05-Apr-15

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
Shot this bull with the standard....arrow was buried back in the hip.

05-Apr-15
Killed mine with the VP this past year. Bull tipped in 10 seconds. Excellent head, very accurate, well designed. I highly recommend it!

05-Apr-15
I have used the standard slick for the last seven seasons and have liked it a lot. I would use the one that shoots best for you because I think confidence in your gear is more important than any differences in performance between two good broadheads.

05-Apr-15
Yes, the Grizz blades do fit in the Viper slots and if I use the Vipers this year I will get some Grizz blades and use them with the Vipers for my deer hunts.

05-Apr-15
I've killed elk with both but I like the closer to "COCness" of the VT. I would confidently shoot whichever shot best for me.

05-Apr-15
I killed my elk this year with a 125 gr Viper Trick...down in about 40 yards. Very accurate head.

05-Apr-15
I'll be using the Vipertrick 125's on my next elk hunt.

06-Apr-15
Jtv, take a look at the Steelforce Phatheads. They look like the Razortrick but thicker blades I believe. Also see if Cabelas has any RT's left.

06-Apr-15
125 grain g5 striker. killed lots of elk never had a failure. flies like field points

06-Apr-15
My son compound fractured the front leg of a bull moose last year with a Vipertrick (obvious poor hit but completely disabled the moose). We had great results on mule deer, an elk, and an antelope with them last year. I am very impressed with the Vipertrick......badbull

• Sitka Gear