Glunt@work 06-Apr-15
cnelk 06-Apr-15
Huntcell 06-Apr-15
txhunter58 06-Apr-15
cnelk 06-Apr-15
sticksender 06-Apr-15
Sapcut 06-Apr-15
06-Apr-15
If you apply for a draw tag in unit 7, pay your fees and get notice that you successfully got drawn.....are you required to buy the tag 5 months later even when finances go south?? Or can you get a refund with no problems?

Thanks

06-Apr-15
What state are you talking about? When you say 7, I automatically think of WY, in which case, you payed the fee when you applied...

06-Apr-15
If AZ, your points are gone and no refunds. Some very limited instances where you can transfer the tag.

06-Apr-15
In WY, can request a refund be considered though financial issues are not one of the reasons a request will be granted.

06-Apr-15
My bad....CO

06-Apr-15
You pay when you apply. I believe you can get a refund before season and lose your preference point(s) or you can get your point(s) back if you forfeit the $$.

06-Apr-15
You can get a refund if you submit the form before the season starts. You will lose 1 PP.

Or if you dont want to lose a PP, you will lose the cost of the license.

Good luck

06-Apr-15
Wow Colorado sure is kind, considerate to have those various options in place. Do they reallocate those tags that get turned back?

06-Apr-15
cnelk. Unless they changed it, if you draw a tag, then send it back for a refund, you lose ALL your points. Actually, they just don't reinstate them because you lost them when you drew a tag.

If you let them keep your money, you get your points back you had going into the draw, but not one for this year.

06-Apr-15
From Page 8 of the Regulations:

GETTING REFUNDS OR RESTORING YOUR PREFERENCE POINTS 1. Refunds for unsuccessful applicants are issued by June 26. The $3 application fee and $10 Habitat Stamp fee are nonrefundable. Refunds are sent to applicant, regardless of who paid for the original application. 2. If you choose to surrender your license to CPW before the season starts, you may choose to receive either a refund OR have the preference points restored that you used to obtain the license. To get a refund or preference point(s) restored, you must relinquish your license and carcass tag before opening day of the season. License must be accompanied by a completed request form obtained at a CPW location or on the website. Preference points are reinstated to a pre-draw level, you do NOT receive an additional preference point for 2015. Requests must be postmarked before the season starts. If there isn’t enough time to request a form, mail your license and carcass tag with a letter to CPW. It must be postmarked before the season starts and mailed to CPW, attn: Refund Office, 6060 Broadway, Denver, CO 80216. 3. After a season starts, refund or preference point restorations are limited to extreme medical circumstances of licensee, death of the licensee or death of licensee’s immediate family member, or members of the U.S. military whose service prevented them from requesting a refund or reinstatement on time. These requests must be accompanied by evidence that the license has not been used and circumstances precluded the licensee from being able to use it. 4. Refunds and preference point restorations are not considered more than 30 days after a season starts. The only exception is for members of the U.S. military as noted above.

06-Apr-15
Sapcut, sounds like you haven't applied yet. If you decide to apply, you must pay in full at the time of application, which closes tomorrow. And yes, you can get a refund later if you draw and decide to turn in the tag.

If you happen to be using PP's to draw the tag (I'm guessing not, based on that hunt choice and on your question), you will lose the points. The only way to get points back is to surrender the cost of the license. If you elect to receive a refund, you will not get any points back.

06-Apr-15
OK. Thanks for the information. I do want to apply but while having my own business things can change by September.

• Sitka Gear