B N A A guy 10-Apr-15
spike buck 11-Apr-15
Mule Power 12-Apr-15
coxral 12-Apr-15
spike buck 14-Apr-15
Mule Power 14-Apr-15
LBshooter 14-Apr-15
09-Apr-15
Hi everyone: I just got off the phone with an outfitter from Idaho who has a 7 day elk hunt all inclusive for thirty two hundred. He is on craig list under sports look at it and see what you think. Last year 9 hunters shot 7 bulls, and the last 2 shot and missed there bulls. I have wanted to hunt elk for a long time, and now that I am retired , I would love to go on a hunt . This is a bow hunt, and I am looking to go with some one to share expenses. I live in northern Minnesota, so if any one is interested please let me know so I can get the ball rolling. this will be in 2016, so I have to let him know soon so we can get the same rate, as the price will go up in 2016. come on lets go. jerbear

09-Apr-15
I'd research the crap out of the outfitter. Make sure they have a legit outfitter license. Call unsuccessful clients as well a successful. I don't trust Craigslist!

09-Apr-15
FYI a buddy did a cheap CL elk hunt in Oregon...called a bunch of guys and such.....the hunt was a bust. Seems the guy listed his buddies as clients......

09-Apr-15
who's the outfitter?

09-Apr-15
Your retired....go DIY and hunt the whole season. You'll have a blast.

09-Apr-15
An outfitter on Craigslist, something smells about that. If he were 7 for 9 he would have a waiting list

09-Apr-15
When something sounds too good to be true it usually is. 100% opportunity is just that. So is 7 for 9. That sir is not the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Not for $3200.

I'd walk.

What's the name of the outfit? Give me a name and number and I'll grill him. Sounds like fun. lol

09-Apr-15
Jerbear. Not sure how long you've been on bowsite but I'd totally take mule power up on his offer. It will be well worth it, send him a pm.

Best of luck, Jeff

10-Apr-15
For that price, those numbers are possible, but they'd be an anomaly, not an average year. That's significantly low in price range, and very VERY high success rate.

I'd be skeptical and ask LOTS of questions. Why not post the outfitter in case there's experience here with them.

10-Apr-15
Jerbear, I sent you a PM.

10-Apr-15
I wouldn't be completely surprised. I have 2 buddies that have hunted with a part time outfitter on private land near Steamboat Springs, Co for the last 4 years. They have had 100% shot opportunity as have the other hunters. They hunt treestands between bedding area and alfalfa fields, 3 day hunts. The guy they hunt with does quite well, but the quantity is much better than the quality. I think they pay around $3000.00 plus license tags etc.

10-Apr-15
Be very careful buddy, while anything is possible I can only echo what Mule Power and several others have already said. A track record like that shouldn't have to go to Craigs List. Before you book do everything you can to obtain piece of mind for your hard earned money!!

Good luck in all of your bowhunting pursuits this year!!

Best regards, Scott Alberda

11-Apr-15
Our camp guide spent 2 months scouting out an elk outfitter for 2016.

While at a show we attended in Indy, he talked extensively to 3 outfitters. He and 2 of our clients just sent off their deposits after picking a Montana Outfitter at $3900.00 each.

12-Apr-15
Who'd they go with Spike?

12-Apr-15
I like what Midwest says, you're retired, go do a DIY and have a ball! Hunted the Basque Range area when I was stationed in Id in the early 80's, had a blast! Got a nice muley but our area got snowed out for elk! We got lucky, I'd just got back from 2 yrs in Spain and ran into a couple of the Basque fellas and got permission! Good luck!

14-Apr-15
Mule power, Bullseye.

14-Apr-15
jerbear... as you had asked I tried contacting that outfitter. I called three different days. No answer. The number rang and then kicked over to a busy signal. I used the number on the website. If you have another one send it to me.

In looking at his website I noticed a couple things. First... some of the kill shots are either his own bulls or bulls with hunters that are obviously locals. Either employees or friends. You can spot those guys a mile away! The other thing is ... holy raghorns! I've never seen a guy post so many little gnarly looking rags on a website. There are a couple 6 points but several of the pics with good bulls look darn old. Perhaps that doesn't matter to you. Not everyone hopes to kill a mature bull or cares if the genetics and potential for that is even there. But to me there has to at least be half decent potential for a good bull to be worth hunting.

The only other thing to mention is that the prices on the website are much higher than what you mentioned you saw on Craigslist. Much! Guys don't just give away quality hunts. Especially if as you mentioned... he is only running about 9 hunters. To discount hunts by 2 grand is giving away the farm. To me that's also a red flag.

I have a list of questions for him if you have another number.

14-Apr-15
I have seen hunts listed too on craigslist for 2900 in CO. Nowadays it's crap shoot, I would certainly want phone numbers of clients who shot and didn't shoot elk and there better be some out of state numbers to call.

• Sitka Gear