20-Apr-15

Geno's embedded Photo
Geno's embedded Photo

20-Apr-15
Nice!

20-Apr-15
Very nice! Congrats.

20-Apr-15
You have a true trophy there! Well done!

20-Apr-15
It looks great! Congrats!

20-Apr-15
What a beauty Geno! Congratulations on a great bull and awesome trophy!

20-Apr-15
Very nice!

20-Apr-15
Thanks guys,it was my first elk ever and now I'm trying to figure out how to do one better. Ha. Yea Trax it pretty much takes up the whole room. :)

21-Apr-15
Mighty fine!!

What where when? I always love a hunting story...

21-Apr-15
What a dandy

You did great

Congrats

Good luck, Robb

21-Apr-15
Congrats nice Bull

21-Apr-15
Nice......Congratulations

18-May-15
Congrats and that's a beautiful bull ! ! !

18-May-15
Great job!!!

18-May-15
Very nice!

18-May-15
Beautiful! Congrats!

18-May-15
congrats on a great bull!!!

18-May-15
Looks nice and it looks like you have room for a few more!

18-May-15
Very nice bull!

18-May-15
Good thing you didn't get one any bigger or you'd have had to punch the wall out.

18-May-15
Nice looking bull. Congrats!

18-May-15
Very nice!! Looks awesome!!!

18-May-15
Great bull

18-May-15
Hey thanks everyone! Yea Bigdan, I would love to get another one, I had my hopes up for the KY lottery but I had no luck in getting drawn and I doubt I will make it out weest again this year. Any bigger and I wouldve had to raise the ceiling or something. Ha. I might try to give a little story over the next few days on how I got him.

18-May-15
Outstanding!

18-May-15

Geno's embedded Photo
Geno's embedded Photo
Around the first of July of 2014 we made up our minds that we are gona make the 1800 mile trip from KY to MT to go elk hunting. We includes - me and 3 of my brothers and 1 of my cousins, 3 of us are married and we took our wives and 3 boys under 3 years old. The wives didn't go out on the hunts but just stayed at a cabin. 5 of us were archery hunting with leftover licences that we bought and hunted in a general unit. We have family in MT also so we spent some time with them as well. We had been out there in 07 hunting as rookies and we were very timid hunters that didn't know what we were doing and we didn't get anything then. We decided that this year we are gona be a lot more aggressive. We left KY about 9:00 in the evening on Sept 11th and pulled into my uncles place on Sat. afternoon. Our hunt was starting on Monday morning. This was the sunset that evening.

19-May-15
Yayyyy!! Thanks Geno...gotta love the 'there I was...' stories...

19-May-15
The area we were hunting was day use only and no motorized vehicles. So we were using bicycles and coming out every day to a cabin we had rented. Daybreak on Day 1 (Monday the 15th) found us 5.5 miles from the trailhead. My 3 brothers went up 2 different drainages and me and my cousin went farther back in. We started seeing and hearing elk right away. Once it got totally daylight we could see that there was a big herd of elk about 4 or 500 yards from us. Approx. 100 or so with maybe about 25 or 30 bulls. It was amazing to see, anywhere we looked there was at least 2 bulls fighting and alot of them were bugling. We made a setup but to no avail. I told my cousin right there that I don't really care what happens after this, it was all worth it just to see and hear that. by that evening they had split up into smaller herds. I set up on some trails during the day then but didn't see anything and wanted to go back out to a big meadow where all the elk had been for the evening hunt. Note to self - 1 cow in heat scent wafer attached to me is enough! I thought I was really gona do this you know and smell like a cow in heat so I attached 3 of them to me. Well by mid afternoon I had such a splitting headache from smelling them that I couldn't make it to the spot I wanted to for the evening hunt and had to take a nap. From where I was taking my nap I could see into the big meadow I saw this big bull (a 7x7, the one I shot later) with 6 cows. But because of my headache I couldn't get on them, talk about being bummed out. One of my brothers ended up shooting a 5x5 then that the 7x7 chased off. He wasn't sure what kind of shot he made on him so he backed out as it was almost dark and then he went back in the next morning and got him out.

• Sitka Gear