Medicinemann 05-May-15
WapitiBob 05-May-15
IdyllwildArcher 05-May-15
steff 05-May-15
Rock 05-May-15
Ron Niziolek 06-May-15
Jimmysharpstick 14-May-15
27-Apr-15
For those people that attended the Arizona hunter education class during P&Y, have you received your notification regarding your results, yet??

27-Apr-15
nope

27-Apr-15
We were told about two weeks after the course we would be notified.

27-Apr-15
Nothing here yet either.

27-Apr-15
Checked my account and mine hasn't showed up there.

27-Apr-15
They update points on the web twice per year.

27-Apr-15
The sweet lil dom girl on the ammo match test told me I passed already.....

Y'all musta flunked.... =D

28-Apr-15
She docked me a point for not opening the lever action all the way. I was distracted trying to think of something funny to say to get a smile out of her, which I also failed at.

She looked at me with the look that said, "this California nit wit doesn't even know how to open a friggen lever action. Damn communist."

I was sweatin it after that, especially when I had to go through the ammo box 3 times to find the .308mag cause the first thing I did was take it out and put it on the table before I started looking for it...

Not one of my shining moments.

28-Apr-15
Ike.

When you told me that story at the P&Y banquet that one evening, I got a pretty good laugh out of it, so it wasn't a total loss....even if it was at your expense!!!

Are you back up in northern Ak by now?

28-Apr-15
I believe what is said above is true, they only update 2 times a year. Best to verify when you apply. I took the course last June. It should have given me 14 points for elk. I assumed the point would be added on. When the drawing came out I only had 13. I called and the lady was very nice and we figured out what happened. When I apply I use "James". When I took the Hunter Ed course I used "Jim". That may have been Ok but in October I moved and used my new address to apply. Of course the address for Hunters Ed was my old address. You would think SS number would have triggered the question but it didn't. Before you send in for your sheep or deer app's double check and make sure the point is there.

28-Apr-15
I called last week to inquire about my results because frankly, I was a little nervous. I passed and she said I'd receive my HS card in about a month. I didn't ask when the points would show up though.

28-Apr-15
I believe bonus points are updated during each draw cycle, which there are 3 (fall, spring, elk/prong).

28-Apr-15
Jake, yeah, I'm up in Point Hope right now working like a dog. They harpooned two whales last week when the ice opened up and I missed it. The wind changed and it's all frozen back up.

I'm hoping that my point will be in before the sheep draw. I'm certain that the difference between 2 and 3 points is going to make the difference between me drawing that Kofa tag or not.

02-May-15
My AZ Hunter Education card arrived in the mail today. Certification date 04/15/2015...same day as the field day.

Watch your mailboxes....first glance looked like junk mail...and it was mailed from Dallas, TX

02-May-15
Mine showed up in MI today as well.

04-May-15
Will the bonus point be used for the up coming sheep draw? Do we need to do anything to get the point recognized.

04-May-15
Mine showed up today.

04-May-15
Got mine today.

John

04-May-15
Me too! How about that!!

04-May-15
I'm not worried about the card. I'm more interested in seeing the "1" pop up in the bonus point section under "Hunter Ed."

04-May-15
Rats....

yeah, yeah, got the card.... but I thought that sweet lil dom girl was gonna drop it off in person for sure.... sigh...bet she could pack an elk quarter too....

04-May-15
Got mine today!

05-May-15
A woman at AZGFD told me the instructor has 30 days to bring bonus pts up to date. So by May 15 we should see a 1 in the hunter ed column.

05-May-15
Wife and I both got our pass. Hope Jimmy is right that will mean I have 24 pts going into sheep draw. Lets see what does that give me? Maybe a 1 in a gazillion chance at drawing a tag. LOL!

05-May-15
Got mine too! 12 points now. Getting closer to my Unit 1 tag :).

05-May-15
I received mine as well. They must have made a mistake!

05-May-15
Got mine yesterday as well....

05-May-15
The new point will be used in the upcoming draw but you are not going to see a 1 pop up until after the draw cycle.

05-May-15
Good to know Bob, thanx.

05-May-15
Got mine. Only 13 more years to apply for another elk tag.

05-May-15
Mine also showed up yesterday and as someone else pointed out it almost looked like junk mail.

06-May-15
Got mine yesterday here in WY.

14-May-15
New update. Heat you are correct- we won't see anything until June 9th when the next draw is but our hunter ed point will count for the sheep and deer draw.

• Sitka Gear