DonVathome 30-Apr-15
nmwapiti 30-Apr-15
Darrell 01-May-15
JRABQ 01-May-15
ohiohunter 02-May-15
Start My Hunt 04-May-15
ToddT 05-May-15
30-Apr-15
If anyone has any info they are willing to share about unit 36 elk New mexico please PM me. I drew a muzzleloader tag (sorry I know this is bowsite) for 1st season. I will get there a couple days early to scout.

I prefer the most rugid, nasty, steep, remote areas. If possible I would love to backpack into a couple miles.

Thanks

DonV Ohio

30-Apr-15
Pm me with phone

30-Apr-15
done thanks!

30-Apr-15
PM me.

01-May-15
Sorry Don, but I only know the easy places in 36. :) You are a lucky dog drawing that tag. I have put the archery hunt as my first choice for the past 20 years (minus a couple years I didn't apply to NM) and haven't drawn it since 2000.

Someday I will get back but I may be to old by then to even hunt my easy spots. (If they are still worth anything.)

Now for anyone who wants to ask about my spots, forget about it. Maybe when I'm 70 I might share them with someone but until then, I will just keep applying and hoping and resenting NM for all but eliminating my chance of drawing a tag there again.

01-May-15
It's pretty easy to find STEEP in 36, good luck on your hunt!

02-May-15
Yeah buddy, its steep! But it will be well worth it.

04-May-15

Start My Hunt's Link
Don, with any luck I will be able to complete NM after WY before the start of your season. Check my site on occasion to see the status.

05-May-15
I agree its steep in places, but no steeper than steep in other western states, but the upside is, it doesn't keep going and going and,,,,,,

• Sitka Gear