Chip T. 07-May-15
welka 07-May-15
smurph 08-May-15
Hoot 08-May-15
smurph 08-May-15
PREZ 08-May-15
smurph 08-May-15
01-May-15
Would love to hear about your experiences with Slicktrick and elk. Slicktrick model, weight, arrow weight, bow draw weight, length of shot and blood trail, and anything else you would like to include. And, of course PICS of your bull.

01-May-15

PREZ's embedded Photo
PREZ's embedded Photo
I use Slick Trick Vipertricks...442 gr arrow with 125 gr head, 62 lb Bowtech RPM 360. Pass thru at 24 yards.

01-May-15
+1 on the request for how good/bad the ST heads are on elk.

I'm shooting the 125gr ST Magnums, total arrow weight of 437 grain [29" Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 350s] Hoyt Faktor 34 60# at 260fps

01-May-15

Redoak's embedded Photo
Redoak's embedded Photo
Slick Trick 100s 40yrd shot, went 50yrds seen him fall.

01-May-15
If you do a search on Slick Tricks/Elk you'll be reading for days. Maybe weeks.

01-May-15
i have killed 9 elk with 100 mags on a 415 grain acc. Great head at a fair price. HUNT

01-May-15

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
125 gr. Standard, 470 gr. CT Whitetail, 65 lb. Bowtech D350, 20 yard frontal, arrow buried back in the hip. No need to blood trail.

01-May-15
considering the Viper Trick. Switching this year from Mech's and was looking for something sturdy that penetrates. Most importantly, something that can fly true at 60 yards if needed. How does the Viper Trick fly and size up to other similar?

01-May-15

KyleSS's embedded Photo
KyleSS's embedded Photo
I would highly recommend shooting slicktricks for elk. I have been shooting the 100g mags for 2 years now. I shot a bull @ 50 yrds, complete pass though and he went 40 yards and went down, shot a cow at 40 yards, complete pass though and she went 60 yards down hill running and died, I shot a cow at 20 yards, arrow passed through and went another 20 yards and stuck into a tree, cow went 40 yards and fell over dead.

In 2013 i shot a mule deer buck, hard quartering shot, arrow went in flank and out behind off side shoulder. Picked up arrow, cleaned it, replaced blades. Used same arrow with new blades to kill cow elk, picked up arrow, cleaned it replaced blades. Used same arrow on bull elk at 50 yards, bull stepped on it and broke it, retired arrow and broad head as I felt it had done more than it's fair share

01-May-15

Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
Slick Trick Magnum 100, 29" FMJ 400, Mathews MQ-1, 74 lb draw weight, 19 yard frontal shot.

Here's part of the blood trail as he crossed a log...

01-May-15

The blood trail was very easy to follow...

01-May-15

01-May-15

Cheesehead Mike's Link
Here's a video of a Slick Trick in action. This is my Buddy Les's hunt with me on calls and camera.

I believe he shoots the 100 Magnum with a about a 28" FMJ and a Mathews Helium @ about 70 lbs.

Shot was about 25 yards and blood trail was about 15 yards if that...

01-May-15
For a COC head I agree JTV. I'm going to give the non serrated Black Hornets a try. I love the extra thick blades.

If I was going to stick with a non COC head it would be the Slick Tricks.

01-May-15

Beendare's embedded Photo
Beendare's embedded Photo
FWIW, I don't like any of those thin replaceable blade heads and won't use any of them for elk- the edges roll over too easy.

Pictured, a std Oldhoot gave me before he passed [RIP, good guy], killed the bull, head lodged in off side shoulder.

01-May-15
Cheesehead Mike,

Great video, Wow......

I'm from Wisconsin as well, near LaCrosse. Where are you located. Toby

01-May-15
Thanks Toby.

Balsam Lake area...

01-May-15
I have used 100gr SlickTricks since 2010.

2010 - 30yd shot 50 yd recovery

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

2011 - 5yd head shot. 0 recovery

2012 - 48yd shot. ~ 100yd recovery

2013 - 15yd shot. ~100 yd recovery

2014 - 10yd shot. 20yd recovery

Come on 2015!!!!

01-May-15

cityhunter's embedded Photo
2014 bull hit this bull coming to my call he didnt make 2 yards turned on impact and dropped

01-May-15

2014 bull broadside shot no need to trail crashed within sight !

01-May-15

2013 bull hit behind front shoulder exit was in front of hip bull was dead in seconds

Razor trics

01-May-15

2012 bull hit with razor tric my only problem with them is they dull easily after a few days of hard hunting

01-May-15

2012 cow

01-May-15

deerslayer's embedded Photo
deerslayer's embedded Photo
2014 bull - Vipertrick - 87yds - pass through.

Great head design, fly like darts. May give the mags a try this year, but still like the vipers.

01-May-15

goldy2416's embedded Photo
goldy2416's embedded Photo
Slick Trick Razor Tricks 100gr, 380 grain total arrow weight, 60 pound Mathews Z7 around 270 fps. 30 yard shot, 100 yard recovery.

I have also used Razor Tricks successfully on moose, black bear, and big whitetails. Very tough and sturdy broadhead.

06-May-15
RazorTricks for me too! every elk I've killed with them (and a few deer too) have been under 40 yard recoveries. and yes a couple of the blades have curled while slicing through elk ribs on their way to making 2 holes. I buried a frontal shot from 30 yards a couple years ago and watched that arrow disappear inside the elk. would have been a 10 yard recovery if he hadn't rolled 40 yards down the steep mountain. 390 grain arrow. an arrow I've been told is too light. the results say otherwise!

06-May-15
I just made the switch to the 125 gr Viper Tricks. They look amazing and seem tough. They fly perfectly too. All the way from 10 to 80 yards. They fly like darts. I wasn't lucky enough to draw an elk tag this year, but hope to test them out on a muley buck this year. :)

06-May-15
I'm thinking of using my 100gr. Viper tricks, but swapping out the bleeder and inserting the wider Grizz trick blade just to give it some extra width. Might have to do some penetration tests first tho.

06-May-15
Awesome broadheads. I've killed two bulls with them and seen three others killed with them. All 100gr mags. All bulls went down in sight. However, I think I will be switching this year. I have never had nor seen a pass through with STs. Fortunately, I have seen all the bulls go down because I have also never had any kind of blood trail with ST. I used muzzys for over twenty years and never didn't get a pass through. I will probably switch to one of the trophy taker options. With all that said. Dead is dead and STs do a great job. They are excellent, top tier broadheads but I would like to see if I can do better.

07-May-15

Here's Les's bull from the video I posted above. This was a complete pass-through and the arrow stuck in a log.

07-May-15
I have shot the Mags on deer for years and love them, pass thru on most shots. However on elk I am switching to the Viper Tricks for better penetration.

07-May-15
Only thing that sucks about any STs is the back of the blade and the pain in the a__ when pulling them out of the broad head target. They fly great out to 60, but still don't like that I can't shoot them on a regular basis vs field points during practice.

08-May-15
Prez, must be the pic. Don't see that as a 360 bull?

08-May-15
Smurf, I can't be sure that it is a 360 Bull because his bow is not in the photo, but I am fairly confident it is a 360 Bull...

Bowtech RPM 360 compound bow killed bull...

08-May-15
It's a nice bull to say the least. I have shot the slick trick standards very successfully for about ten years and have really liked them. Mostly elk hunting, good product. Actually tried them because of bowsite. Good hunting tim.

08-May-15
Typo on my part...bull is 300" shot with my RPM 360...someday I hope to get a 360" bull...lol

08-May-15
Thanks prez, I am praying to get that 360 bull someday too. I appreciate your honesty. I almost didn't ask cuz I felt a little like a jerk.

• Sitka Gear